Medical student in Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zyqy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

I'm a medical student in Ireland , but I'm a international student ( Non-EU ) . I'm thinking of doing my internship overseas ( UK , US or any other EU countries) if I couldn't get my internship placement in Irish hospital ( for which I think the chances are quite small as they prioritise Irish citizens ) . Now I'm looking for some opinions about what should I do in order to get my internship somewhere else . And what are my chances ? Is it possible that I can get my internship somewhere else other than my home country?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I wanted to ask you, do you know the exact numbers for getting the internship for non-Irish/non-EU nationals? Do you know how they are doing the ranking? What do they look for the most?

I'm in a similar position as you. I'm a Canadian studying in Poland. I personally don't know anyone that applied for Irish intern year. I only read some online blogs saying that the chances of getting the internship for non-EU is small to non-existent, as they favour the Irish and EU over everyone else.