Medical student in Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zyqy

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi ,

I'm a medical student in Ireland , but I'm a international student ( Non-EU ) . I'm thinking of doing my internship overseas ( UK , US or any other EU countries) if I couldn't get my internship placement in Irish hospital ( for which I think the chances are quite small as they prioritise Irish citizens ) . Now I'm looking for some opinions about what should I do in order to get my internship somewhere else . And what are my chances ? Is it possible that I can get my internship somewhere else other than my home country?
 
Hi, I wanted to ask you, do you know the exact numbers for getting the internship for non-Irish/non-EU nationals? Do you know how they are doing the ranking? What do they look for the most?

I'm in a similar position as you. I'm a Canadian studying in Poland. I personally don't know anyone that applied for Irish intern year. I only read some online blogs saying that the chances of getting the internship for non-EU is small to non-existent, as they favour the Irish and EU over everyone else.