mediocre undergrad gpa, high grad, took mcat twice..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kzen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied in 2008 after finishing undergrad with a cGPA of around 3.5 and an MCAT of 29 (8,11,10). I recently finished a grad program and received my M.S. by examination, with a graduate gpa of a 4.0. I also retook the mcat and got a 34(11,11,12). I've been looking online and found conflicting things about graduate and undergrad gpa. Will they be combined, weighted equally, or separated? will some schools even consider my graduate gpa? I am trying to figure out which schools to apply to/how many, but I find it difficult because I have no idea what they will use as my gpa. If anyone has any information on this or an idea about my specific situation, please share your thoughts! (by the way, I'm a california resident, with I would say good ECs)

Members don't see this ad.

It differs by school. You can go read a MSAR, call each school individually, or go look at their websites.

I applied in 2008 after finishing undergrad with a cGPA of around 3.5 and an MCAT of 29 (8,11,10). I recently finished a grad program and received my M.S. by examination, with a graduate gpa of a 4.0. I also retook the mcat and got a 34(11,11,12). I've been looking online and found conflicting things about graduate and undergrad gpa. Will they be combined, weighted equally, or separated? will some schools even consider my graduate gpa? I am trying to figure out which schools to apply to/how many, but I find it difficult because I have no idea what they will use as my gpa. If anyone has any information on this or an idea about my specific situation, please share your thoughts! (by the way, I'm a california resident, with I would say good ECs)

Undergrad is not combined with grad.

However, grad will look good as 4.0. And with that shiny new MCAT score. Adcoms will love you long time.