Meeting GPA cut off for secondary during app cycle. Can this result in a secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I missed the GPA cut off for a school at the beginning of the application cycle, resulting a pre-secondary rejection. I am a few weeks from receiving some new grades, which will bump me over that cut off.

In this case, will schools consider offering me a secondary? Has anyone been in this boat before? By the time I receive new grades, the school's primary app deadline is passed (but I submitted an app back in summer), but their secondary app deadline is not passed.

Also if any tips on contacting the school regarding this. Just not sure how to craft a convincing email. PM works.

Members don't see this ad.

I missed the GPA cut off for a school at the beginning of the application cycle, resulting a pre-secondary rejection. I am a few weeks from receiving some new grades, which will bump me over that cut off.

In this case, will schools consider offering me a secondary? Has anyone been in this boat before? By the time I receive new grades, the school's primary app deadline is passed (but I submitted an app back in summer), but their secondary app deadline is not passed.

Also if any tips on contacting the school regarding this. Just not sure how to craft a convincing email. PM works.
Sorry gonna be honest but you're done for this round. Come back and apply first thing next cycle most seats are filled at this point anyway

It's far too late in the cycle and schools that already rejected you will not change their mind and send you a secondary now. It takes time for you to finish it, and it takes time for them to process and review it. A lot of schools have already stopped interviewing for the next incoming class.