Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Any students received an interview invite but then wasn’t contacted to confirm a date?
I chose this week but haven’t been contacted with a link or time
They’ll contact you the following week of the day that you chose. That was the case for me at least.

Members don't see this ad.

My interviews were this week, someone contacted me Sunday night at 11EST through email and another through phone...but I missed the call becuase I was at work. I was able to reach her and schedule for today at 5:30 EST, but she still hasn't met me on zoom yet. Not sure what to do lol

But they should contact you throughout the week and make a time that works for both of you! If they don't, I would call/contact the admissions team.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My interviews were this week, someone contacted me Sunday night at 11EST through email and another through phone...but I missed the call becuase I was at work. I was able to reach her and schedule for today at 5:30 EST, but she still hasn't met me on zoom yet. Not sure what to do lol

But they should contact you throughout the week and make a time that works for both of you! If they don't, I would call/contact the admissions team.
She never showed up, but I sent her an email. So hopefully Im not pennalized

Yeah I just checked the status. Supplemental app was submitted and marked as complete as well as the fee receipt for the supplemental.
I would reach out to the school to see if they received it. Let me know if you need an email for them.

Do most of the students get interview after supplemental? I got the supplemental and submitted.
Everyone receives a supplemental application, so I guess based on what you put on your supplemental will determine if you get an interview. There's still a lot of time in the cycle, so didn't worry.

Any students received an interview invite but then wasn’t contacted to confirm a date?
I chose this week but haven’t been contacted with a link or time
Me lol. I really don't understand how that process is organized, but your interviewers are supposed to contact you. Try emailing Mr. John Thomas at [email protected]. He's a big help!

I would reach out to the school to see if they received it. Let me know if you need an email for them.
I emailed them, but I doubt they’d answer because of the amount of emails they get daily. Tried finding a good number to call them on, but no luck!

I emailed them, but I doubt they’d answer because of the amount of emails they get daily. Tried finding a good number to call them on, but no luck!
Try emailing Mr. John Thomas at [email protected]. He's the one that’s been helping me out. Maybe, he can help.

Did anyone who was scheduled to interview in November date get pushed back to December?

Anybody else initially selected a December date?

I chose this week to schedule but they moved me to next week lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys,
Don't waste your time/money in applying to this school unless you are an African American. Don't get fooled by low DAT scores of entering class. For example: for the class entering 2019, 575 Asian students applied, ZERO got admitted; 222 Hispanic/Latino students applied, Only 1 got admitted; 802 White students applied, ZERO got admitted. I have nothing against the school, only admitting African American students, I even understand being HSBU only admitting African American students but please put up these stats on the website so that students know what their chances are.

Think about the time you spend writing essays in Supplementary application & the money we spend to applying to these schools. I wish, they post this stats on the school website so that we don't waste our time and hard earned money, when we know we are not going to be admitted.

Guys,
Don't waste your time/money in applying to this school unless you are an African American. Don't get fooled by low DAT scores of entering class. For example: for the class entering 2019, 575 Asian students applied, ZERO got admitted; 222 Hispanic/Latino students applied, Only 1 got admitted; 802 White students applied, ZERO got admitted. I have nothing against the school, only admitting African American students, I even understand being HSBU only admitting African American students but please put up these stats on the website so that students know what their chances are.

Think about the time you spend writing essays in Supplementary application & the money we spend to applying to these schools. I wish, they post this stats on the school website so that we don't waste our time and hard earned money, when we know we are not going to be admitted.
Yes, Meharry is an HBCU (Idk what a HSBU is), so the focus is on black and brown applicants since we are the most under represented in the dental field and health care field in general. There are plenty of schools that accept a ton of white and asian students, and leave out black and hispanic students. So it would make sense that the focus would be on admitting students that arent admitted/represented, by and large, at other schools. Plus, I'm pretty sure the white and asian applicants that applied and weren't admitted in the numbers you gave really didnt want to go to this school anyways.

You should read more on the under representation of black and brown students in the dental field, maybe it will change your outlook a little.

Reactions: 10 users
Yes, Meharry is an HBCU (Idk what a HSBU is), so the focus is on black and brown applicants since we are the most under represented in the dental field and health care field in general. There are plenty of schools that accept a ton of white and asian students, and leave out black and hispanic students. So it would make sense that the focus would be on admitting students that arent admitted/represented, by and large, at other schools. Plus, I'm pretty sure the white and asian applicants that applied and weren't admitted in the numbers you gave really didnt want to go to this school anyways.

You should read more on the under representation of black and brown students in the dental field, maybe it will change your outlook a little.
I agree with under representation of Black/Brown students in Dental field; Yes, I do support Meharry admitting only Black/Brown students. My only ask is put this info on school website, so students have this information.

>> I'm pretty sure the white and asian applicants that applied and weren't admitted in the numbers you gave really didnt want to go to this school anyways.

I just came to know this information, had I known this information, before I applied to the school, I wouldn't have wasted 4 hours of writing/editing supplemental essays and $200 of AADSAS/supplemental fee. Please don't tell me that I applied to the school, with the knowledge that I don't want to school.

Reactions: 2 users
At the end of the day Meharry is not a private school you apply to as a backup. Their mission statement is service oriented and helping get rid of disparities in dental care. The information given on the ADEA Handbook is not accepted it is those who actually ENROLLED as in matriculated. So 200 Hispanic students applied and only 1 actually ENROLLED not was accepted. We do not know how many were actually accepted and that’s information we will never know.

Edit: Also, it is a Historically Black College/University as in it was created during a time Black students could not attend any other schools. So that may be its focus, University of PR’s class is all hispanic and other schools may choose to enroll only those in state. I’m sorry you wasted your money but students should research schools before they apply...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Guys,

Let’s not turn this thread into a whole racial discussion, this thread is for people interested in the school, and those matriculating. Post your thoughts about the school in a separate thread, we really are trying to sort out interview dates and pertinent information rather than reading a rant about something you literally could’ve figured out before the same way you found the 2019 statistics prior to applying. Express your concerns to the admissions committee. Any HBCU in this country will be filled with majority black students, that’s the historical nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
One of the interviewers never showed up for my zoom meeting and I have contacted her twice now and the admissions email and...nothing......very disorganized, idk what to do!!

One of the interviewers never showed up for my zoom meeting and I have contacted her twice now and the admissions email and...nothing......very disorganized, idk what to do!!

I would try and contact admissions, I had some problems scheduling my interview and actually ended up interviewing 2 weeks after my date.

Who was supposed to interview you?

Hey,
We’re y’all interviewed by two faculty members?
ive only been contacted and interviewed by one

Hey,
We’re y’all interviewed by two faculty members?
ive only been contacted and interviewed by one
Yes, I was interviewed by two members of the admissions committee. I was contacted by the second member a few days after the first interview.

Hey my interview week was originally Nov 6 and then it was pushed back to 11/13 - 11/19 and I still haven't heard from anyone. Is anyone else having this issue? who should I contact?

Hey my interview week was originally Nov 6 and then it was pushed back to 11/13 - 11/19 and I still haven't heard from anyone. Is anyone else having this issue? who should I contact?
Hey, I had the same problem. Email Mr. John Thomas at [email protected]. He helped me out.

Mines was 12/4 and they sent me an email yesterday about it being 11/13-11/19 I’m like ummm November is over

Did anyone else just get the email about the information session that the SOD is having in a few days?

Did anyone receive the zoom link?

Is there a GroupMe or Facebook link for accepted students?

I doubt it. My interviewer said that it’ll probably be a few days after the 15th due to covid pushing everything back, but I hope we do.

My interviewer also said they were aiming for today but don’t be surprised if we hear back later

An interviewer missed our scheduled interview. The person gracefully apologized and just asked to reschedule. God is good! Im still hopeful and praying!

Just got an acceptance! At 4:05.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
nvm, I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you!! yes, it was via email at 4:05!

Reactions: 1 users