You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Let’s go! Lol I was waiting for this thread to be started.
I saw online their deadline is coming but it isn’t mentioned where we can apply at?
I saw online their deadline is coming but it isn’t mentioned where we can apply at?
I did go to their website under the graduate studies to apply. However when I selected the program year that I want to apply to, it still states 2020-2021. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or they have not updated the system yet. There website shows that the application is due on March 31, 2021
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MD.Loading
Full Member
Same for me! I just picked that one 🤷🏽♀️I did go to their website under the graduate studies to apply. However when I selected the program year that I want to apply to, it still states 2020-2021. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or they have not updated the system yet. There website shows that the application is due on March 31, 2021
Yeah! I saw that they had the application on the website but saw 2020-2021, so I called and they said it should indeed show 2020-2021... so I'm just going with the flow unless they change it lol.I did go to their website under the graduate studies to apply. However when I selected the program year that I want to apply to, it still states 2020-2021. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or they have not updated the system yet. There website shows that the application is due on March 31, 2021
MD.Loading
Full Member
Wow someone actually answered the phone? I'm shocked lolYeah! I saw that they had the application on the website but saw 2020-2021, so I called and they said it should indeed show 2020-2021... so I'm just going with the flow unless they change it lol.
I'm so anxious like I really wanna get in lol!!Hi, everyone! I decided to create this thread for those applying to the Master of Health Science Program (MHS) at Meharry this year for Fall admission! 🙂
MD.Loading
Full Member
When did you submit your app and what were your stats? I'm assuming they do interviews for this program as well?Litt!! Hey everyone!!! I just received an email from her this morning and she said my application is under review by the committee. You will receive a final status via email when one is available.
MD.Loading
Full Member
I dont think I understand your question. What do you mean use meharry's email?And also, for the letters of recommendations, did anyone use meharry’s email address if you applied to the MD cycle? I really didn’t wanna have to ask people to submit letters on my behalf again..
Admissions email address to link your MD application with your file.I dont think I understand your question. What do you mean use meharry's email?
MD.Loading
Full Member
I'm still not following but I completed the MHS app as if it was my first Meharry app. It didn't ask for any admission email link or anything...I'm wondering if there's something I missedAdmissions email address to link your MD application with your file.
l-futuredoc
New Member
Hey guys! I'm applying to the master of health science as well and was wondering what y'all out for the "have you applied to Meharry college of medicine" question. I put yes because I recently applied to the MD Program but haven't heard back so I'm not sure what to put for the following question: were you accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MD.Loading
Full Member
I put yes I applied and no not accepted....🤷🏽♀️ lol not sure if that was right but it seemed technically rightHey guys! I'm applying to the master of health science as well and was wondering what y'all out for the "have you applied to Meharry college of medicine" question. I put yes because I recently applied to the MD Program but haven't heard back so I'm not sure what to put for the following question: were you accepted?
MD.Loading
Full Member
I dont think I sent transcripts because o had already sent for my med school appHey, did yall send transcripts to the medical college or should they be sent to the graduate school? There wasn't much info online about that.
MD.Loading
Full Member
That's interesting. When I asked, she told me to just let her know when my app is complete and she will get those items...🤷🏽♀️ maybe I should double checkThat’s what I was hoping since I already applied to Meharry however, Ms.McIntosh said I still had to send them. That makes absolutely no sense to me especially when she said they would link my Med school app with my MHS app.
Ok, please let me know because I don’t wanna have to spend extra money after $60 for that app.That's interesting. When I asked, she told me to just let her know when my app is complete and she will get those items...🤷🏽♀️ maybe I should double check
futuretoothfairy08
Full Member
Since you already applied to MD, were they allowed to link your app? I applied for dental and I am trying to figure out if I can do the sameThat’s what I was hoping since I already applied to Meharry however, Ms.McIntosh said I still had to send them. That makes absolutely no sense to me especially when she said they would link my Med school app with my MHS app.
They can link the app, but for some reason I still had to resend transcripts......Since you already applied to MD, were they allowed to link your app? I applied for dental and I am trying to figure out if I can do the same
futuretoothfairy08
Full Member
Ohh that’s annoying. Who did you contact? They never answer lolThey can link the app, but for some reason I still had to resend transcripts......
futuretoothfairy08
Full Member
Thanks!Shelita McIntosh
[email protected]
Hey for those of you who have already applied to the MD or DDS program, did you guys use your original personal statement when applying to the MHS program or draft a complete new statement?
Hey, I just used a new one to give something new but I guess its up to the applicant honestly cause idk how deep they review the MD/DDS app.Hey for those of you who have already applied to the MD or DDS program, did you guys use your original personal statement when applying to the MHS program or draft a complete new statement?
Hey, I just used a new one to give something new but I guess its up to the applicant honestly cause idk how deep they review the MD/DDS
Hey, I just used a new one to give something new but I guess its up to the applicant honestly cause idk how deep they review the MD/DDS app.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, thanks a lot. I’m currently working on a new one but not sure how much more I should add.
jhadedouglas512
New Member
I’m taking the GRE, do anyone know what the minimum score they’ll take for the GRE?
If not I’m not mistaking I think Meharry may be waiving the GRE due to COVID. Although this is regarding the MPH program, I found this stating that the GRE is waived for this cycle for MPH program. Not sure what the previous required stats were but I would reach out to admin.I’m taking the GRE, do anyone know what the minimum score they’ll take for the GRE?
MD.Loading
Full Member
Just spoke to a student who did the program. It was about 60k lol so I'm now reconsidering....idk if a year and POTENTIAL acceptance the following year is worth an extra 60k of debt... depends how the cycle goesAnyone know how much is the tuition for the MHS Program? I can't seem to find the link. Thanks.
Are they waiving the MCAT this cycle?
Thanks! Any news on how early they will release acceptances for the MHS Program this year?Just spoke to a student who did the program. It was about 60k lol so I'm now reconsidering....idk if a year and POTENTIAL acceptance the following year is worth an extra 60k of debt... depends how the cycle goes
MD.Loading
Full Member
Not really but the student I spoke to said it took so long she forgot she'd applied lol....I have a feeling they review apps for MHS after med school so it'll be a WHILEThanks! Any news on how early they will release acceptances for the MHS Program this year?
Like April/May you think lol? Because I applied to two other similar programs as MHS as well.Not really but the student I spoke to said it took so long she forgot she'd applied lol....I have a feeling they review apps for MHS after med school so it'll be a WHILE
MD.Loading
Full Member
Really can't say but I wouldn't be surprised. She said something didn't find out until a few weeks before class.Like April/May you think lol? Because I applied to two other similar programs as MHS as well.
That was prolly like in July because the program starts in August lolReally can't say but I wouldn't be surprised. She said something didn't find out until a few weeks before class.
KAYSONN
New Member
I applied to the MD program as well as the MHS last year. I also applied to the MD program this year, I have not received any correspondence so I decided to reapply to the MHS program. Interestingly enough it still has my last year application on file for 2020-2021 and will not allow me to start a new application.
So is there any linkage into MD? Also what is the minimum MCAT here?
I wonder this too.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Yes. Not sure about minimum for being accepted to this program but if you complete this program with 3.5 and have (or earn) a 503 MCAT, you matriculate to the med school. Anyone who doesn't already have 503, they put through a training program and have you retake.So is there any linkage into MD? Also what is the minimum MCAT here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everybody!
Have a question: once our app is submitted and our letters are uploaded, do we send transcripts? Does Meharry take digital transcripts?
Have a question: once our app is submitted and our letters are uploaded, do we send transcripts? Does Meharry take digital transcripts?
Yes, send transcripts to Ms.Shelita McIntosh.Hey everybody!
Have a question: once our app is submitted and our letters are uploaded, do we send transcripts? Does Meharry take digital transcripts?
Yes, send transcripts to Ms.Shelita McIntosh.
Thanks! Anyone know when Meharry might start contacting us?
No idea. Hopefully soon since the deadline is 3/31Thanks! Anyone know when Meharry might start contacting us?