Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heydentalsis

wannabeurdentist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I decided to create this thread for those applying to the Master of Health Science Program (MHS) at Meharry this year for Fall admission! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Let’s go! Lol I was waiting for this thread to be started.

I saw online their deadline is coming but it isn’t mentioned where we can apply at?

Reactions: 1 user
I did go to their website under the graduate studies to apply. However when I selected the program year that I want to apply to, it still states 2020-2021. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or they have not updated the system yet. There website shows that the application is due on March 31, 2021

Members don't see this ad :)
I did go to their website under the graduate studies to apply. However when I selected the program year that I want to apply to, it still states 2020-2021. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or they have not updated the system yet. There website shows that the application is due on March 31, 2021
Same for me! I just picked that one 🤷🏽‍♀️

Yeah! I saw that they had the application on the website but saw 2020-2021, so I called and they said it should indeed show 2020-2021... so I'm just going with the flow unless they change it lol.

Yeah! I saw that they had the application on the website but saw 2020-2021, so I called and they said it should indeed show 2020-2021... so I'm just going with the flow unless they change it lol.
Wow someone actually answered the phone? I'm shocked lol

Litt!! Hey everyone!!! I just received an email from her this morning and she said my application is under review by the committee. You will receive a final status via email when one is available.

Hi, everyone! I decided to create this thread for those applying to the Master of Health Science Program (MHS) at Meharry this year for Fall admission! :)
I'm so anxious like I really wanna get in lol!!

Litt!! Hey everyone!!! I just received an email from her this morning and she said my application is under review by the committee. You will receive a final status via email when one is available.
When did you submit your app and what were your stats? I'm assuming they do interviews for this program as well?

Hey, is there an essay or any additional documents required while completing the app? I applied to their MD program so I’m assuming they have all of that already..

And also, for the letters of recommendations, did anyone use meharry’s email address if you applied to the MD cycle? I really didn’t wanna have to ask people to submit letters on my behalf again..

And also, for the letters of recommendations, did anyone use meharry’s email address if you applied to the MD cycle? I really didn’t wanna have to ask people to submit letters on my behalf again..
I dont think I understand your question. What do you mean use meharry's email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions email address to link your MD application with your file.
I'm still not following but I completed the MHS app as if it was my first Meharry app. It didn't ask for any admission email link or anything...I'm wondering if there's something I missed

Hey guys! I'm applying to the master of health science as well and was wondering what y'all out for the "have you applied to Meharry college of medicine" question. I put yes because I recently applied to the MD Program but haven't heard back so I'm not sure what to put for the following question: were you accepted?

Hey guys! I'm applying to the master of health science as well and was wondering what y'all out for the "have you applied to Meharry college of medicine" question. I put yes because I recently applied to the MD Program but haven't heard back so I'm not sure what to put for the following question: were you accepted?
I put yes I applied and no not accepted....🤷🏽‍♀️ lol not sure if that was right but it seemed technically right

Hey everyone. I am in the process of applying now. Do anyone know when the program starts and ends? I want to also apply to dental school for this cycle.

Hello, do anyone know the minimum MCAT score needed to get accepted into the program? My scores are extremely low and I'm thinking about taking the GRE to use for my application instead.

Hey, did yall send transcripts to the medical college or should they be sent to the graduate school? There wasn't much info online about that.

Hey, did yall send transcripts to the medical college or should they be sent to the graduate school? There wasn't much info online about that.
I dont think I sent transcripts because o had already sent for my med school app

That’s what I was hoping since I already applied to Meharry however, Ms.McIntosh said I still had to send them. That makes absolutely no sense to me especially when she said they would link my Med school app with my MHS app.
That's interesting. When I asked, she told me to just let her know when my app is complete and she will get those items...🤷🏽‍♀️ maybe I should double check

That's interesting. When I asked, she told me to just let her know when my app is complete and she will get those items...🤷🏽‍♀️ maybe I should double check
Ok, please let me know because I don’t wanna have to spend extra money after $60 for that app.

That’s what I was hoping since I already applied to Meharry however, Ms.McIntosh said I still had to send them. That makes absolutely no sense to me especially when she said they would link my Med school app with my MHS app.
Since you already applied to MD, were they allowed to link your app? I applied for dental and I am trying to figure out if I can do the same

Since you already applied to MD, were they allowed to link your app? I applied for dental and I am trying to figure out if I can do the same
They can link the app, but for some reason I still had to resend transcripts......

Hey for those of you who have already applied to the MD or DDS program, did you guys use your original personal statement when applying to the MHS program or draft a complete new statement?

Hey for those of you who have already applied to the MD or DDS program, did you guys use your original personal statement when applying to the MHS program or draft a complete new statement?
Hey, I just used a new one to give something new but I guess its up to the applicant honestly cause idk how deep they review the MD/DDS app.

Okay, thanks a lot. I’m currently working on a new one but not sure how much more I should add.

I’m taking the GRE, do anyone know what the minimum score they’ll take for the GRE?

I’m taking the GRE, do anyone know what the minimum score they’ll take for the GRE?
If not I’m not mistaking I think Meharry may be waiving the GRE due to COVID. Although this is regarding the MPH program, I found this stating that the GRE is waived for this cycle for MPH program. Not sure what the previous required stats were but I would reach out to admin.
86C2BAD6-8849-4600-A43F-023BF921E1EA.png

Anyone know how much is the tuition for the MHS Program? I can't seem to find the link. Thanks.

Anyone know how much is the tuition for the MHS Program? I can't seem to find the link. Thanks.
Just spoke to a student who did the program. It was about 60k lol so I'm now reconsidering....idk if a year and POTENTIAL acceptance the following year is worth an extra 60k of debt... depends how the cycle goes

Just spoke to a student who did the program. It was about 60k lol so I'm now reconsidering....idk if a year and POTENTIAL acceptance the following year is worth an extra 60k of debt... depends how the cycle goes
Thanks! Any news on how early they will release acceptances for the MHS Program this year?

Thanks! Any news on how early they will release acceptances for the MHS Program this year?
Not really but the student I spoke to said it took so long she forgot she'd applied lol....I have a feeling they review apps for MHS after med school so it'll be a WHILE

Not really but the student I spoke to said it took so long she forgot she'd applied lol....I have a feeling they review apps for MHS after med school so it'll be a WHILE
Like April/May you think lol? Because I applied to two other similar programs as MHS as well.

I applied to the MD program as well as the MHS last year. I also applied to the MD program this year, I have not received any correspondence so I decided to reapply to the MHS program. Interestingly enough it still has my last year application on file for 2020-2021 and will not allow me to start a new application.

So is there any linkage into MD? Also what is the minimum MCAT here?

So is there any linkage into MD? Also what is the minimum MCAT here?
Yes. Not sure about minimum for being accepted to this program but if you complete this program with 3.5 and have (or earn) a 503 MCAT, you matriculate to the med school. Anyone who doesn't already have 503, they put through a training program and have you retake.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if their is a priority deadline this year? I noticed that the deadline is 3/31 but there weren’t any specifics. Also did anyone receive an update about the minimum Mcat needed?

Hey everybody!

Have a question: once our app is submitted and our letters are uploaded, do we send transcripts? Does Meharry take digital transcripts?

Hey everybody!

Have a question: once our app is submitted and our letters are uploaded, do we send transcripts? Does Meharry take digital transcripts?
Yes, send transcripts to Ms.Shelita McIntosh.