Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty much silence for everyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know how competitive the program is now considering it recently changed from invite only in the last two years?

Does anybody know how competitive the program is now considering it recently changed from invite only in the last two years?
Not sure because there isn't any criteria listed. Do you know or anyone know when there gonna finish send out interview invites for the med school?

Reactions: 1 user
Did we have to apply to the MHS program or will we be selected for the MHS by submitting a dental application and supplemental
I'm not entirely sure. I believe some people were med/dental applicants but I know some people applied directly to MHS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aside from waiting for my stimmy, Im ok I guess. But I would like to know if anyone has found out if there is an Mcat cut off range or if anyone has heard an answer regard to that from Ms.McIntosh.

I also hope they don’t extend the deadline because I really would prefer to know sooner rather than later if I got in.

Last edited:
Aside from waiting for my stimmy, Im ok I guess. But I would like to know if anyone has found out if their is an Mcat cut off range of if anyone has heard an answer regard that from Ms.McIntosh.

I also hope they don’t extend the deadline because I really would prefer to know sooner rather than later if I got in.

Feeling exactly the same way.

Reactions: 1 users
Aside from waiting for my stimmy, Im ok I guess. But I would like to know if anyone has found out if there is an Mcat cut off range or if anyone has heard an answer regard to that from Ms.McIntosh.

Yeah, I emailed her a couple of weeks ago and she said status updates are provided via email as they become available.

Does anyone know if this program has hard requirements? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

This is probably a rookie mistake, but I did not realize that this program required the GRE, especially because prior to.....it was "invite only".
I was reading the thread and noticed that nobody spoke about taking the GRE?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried emailing Ms.Shelita and asking her for specifics since were all in the dark about minimum requirements etc?

Has anyone tried emailing Ms.Shelita and asking her for specifics since were all in the dark about minimum requirements etc?
I called and left a message and I also sent an email today, if I hear anything I'll definitely share.

I understand that we all want information but I don’t think we should contact Ms. McIntosh (or anyone) too frequently. We may just have to wait a while.

I’m new to this thread, hello everyone and hopeful future classmates! So I’ve also pretty much been told they send out decisions April/May, but I even had a different person tell me I should know something by the end of this month but I think they only told me that only after I received a “we are unable to offer you a position in this years MD class...” “the committee thinks you’ll be good to enter after some additional prep here’s this program” etc. So hopefully we will start hearing things by the end of this month, early April. I also applied to this post bac program at FIU and I was able to find that tuition is indeed close to like $60K but I believe it includes housing costs with that which could be reason for the step price, and for anyone interested in the FIU program, it’s $21K altogether not including housing and is a certificate program, “Certificate in Molecular and Biomedical Sciences”

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure because there isn't any criteria listed. Do you know or anyone know when there gonna finish send out interview invites for the med school?
No clue! I’m interested in the MHS program to matriculate over into their DDS program hopefully.

No clue! I’m interested in the MHS program to matriculate over into their DDS program hopefully.
This is me! Interested in MHS to hopefully matriculate into the MD program lol

This is me! Interested in MHS to hopefully matriculate into the MD program lol
Interested in the MD program as well. I hope we all get some positive news soon.

Hey, why do you think that? Isn’t the point of the program to allow students to matriculate once they complete certain requirements?

MSPH is masters of public health and does not “bridge” like MHS. It is a 2 year program. Whereas the MHS is masters of health science that helps u matriculate into the MD or DDS.

@Drtk12 Did you enjoy the program? I recently applied to MHS and a program in my state. If my state program is cheaper would it make more sense to stay in state and apply to Meharry when I’m done?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any new information? I’m trying to exercise patience but it’s getting quite hard.

Does anyone have any new information? I’m trying to exercise patience but it’s getting quite hard.
I doubt anyone will hear anything soon honestly. I know its incredibly nerve wracking but being on here is just going to elevate the anxiety bevause either A, people WILL start hearing back and you'll begin second guessing yourself and stressing more or B it'll be another month or more and you'll be more anxious. I'd recommend taking a step back from SDN for a bit andmaybe limit how often you check back in. Wishing you the best!

Hi! Current MHS student and I see you all have a lot of questions. I’ll try to offer some help. Most people usually don’t here back for this program until end of April/May but things may change year to year.

As far as requirements, I am not 100% sure of them but I don’t think there are any test score requirements because people come into the program with pretty low scores and retake the MCAT/DAT during the program. They admit people to the program who they think have the potential to do well in Med or dental school and they just want to see if you can handle the course work of a graduate program first.

Hope that helps!

Hey! Finally a current MHS. I have some questions;
1. What is the overview of the program?
2. What are the current metrics to matriculate into the program?
3. I know Meharry is probably backed up with medical school applications so I expect them to focus their attention on MHS applicants in late May. But would you recommend this program? Only asking this because several other program's deadlines for their deposits are approaching soon and I rather save some bucks than be on the losing end.
4. How many matriculated into the program from your class?

Thank you for your time, If you feel more comfortable sending the responses through DMs, please don't hesitate. I want all the tea; the good, bad, and ugly of this program.
Hi! Current MHS student and I see you all have a lot of questions. I’ll try to offer some help. Most people usually don’t here back for this program until end of April/May but things may change year to year.

As far as requirements, I am not 100% sure of them but I don’t think there are any test score requirements because people come into the program with pretty low scores and retake the MCAT/DAT during the program. They admit people to the program who they think have the potential to do well in Med or dental school and they just want to see if you can handle the course work of a graduate program first.

Hope that helps!

3. I know Meharry is probably backed up with medical school applications so I expect them to focus their attention on MHS applicants in late May. But would you recommend this program? Only asking this because several other program's deadlines for their deposits are approaching soon and I rather save some bucks than be on the losing end.

Thank you for your time, If you feel more comfortable sending the responses through DMs, please don't hesitate. I want all the tea; the good, bad, and ugly of this program.
Just to piggy back off that, if you do send a DM could you send one to me as well? I would really appreciate the answer to these questions. Thanks in advance!

Just to piggy back off that, if you do send a DM could you send one to me as well? I would really appreciate the answer to these questions. Thanks in advance!
Me as well please

1. The overview of the program is an 8 month program (really a 2 year program squeezed into 8 months) that allows the Med and dental school admissions to see if you can handle the course load to matriculate into the dental/Med school. You’ll take biochemistry, cell bio, neuroscience and physiology in the fall. Then on winter break if you came into the program with the required score, whatever lt is next year, you’ll do research. If not you’ll study to retake your test in January. In the spring you’ll take anatomy, pathology, pharmacology, and microbiology.

2. current metrics to matriculate are a 3.5 and 503 for the Med students and 3.0 and 17 for the dental students.

3. I would recommend the program if meharry is in your top 3 choices for Med or dental school. If you do the program, get the required gpa and MCAT it’s pretty much a guaranteed seat in the next class.

4. My class hasn’t interviewed yet, so no one has matriculated yet.

Reactions: 9 users
1. The overview of the program is an 8 month program (really a 2 year program squeezed into 8 months) that allows the Med and dental school admissions to see if you can handle the course load to matriculate into the dental/Med school. You’ll take biochemistry, cell bio, neuroscience and physiology in the fall. Then on winter break if you came into the program with the required score, whatever lt is next year, you’ll do research. If not you’ll study to retake your test in January. In the spring you’ll take anatomy, pathology, pharmacology, and microbiology.

2. current metrics to matriculate are a 3.5 and 503 for the Med students and 3.0 and 17 for the dental students.

3. I would recommend the program if meharry is in your top 3 choices for Med or dental school. If you do the program, get the required gpa and MCAT it’s pretty much a guaranteed seat in the next class.

Thank you for this information! It is very helpful. So when you say your class hasn’t interviewed yet, do you mean they applied this application cycle and still haven’t received interviews? Or they just haven’t applied to medical/dental school yet?

Thank you for this information! It is very helpful. So when you say your class hasn’t interviewed yet, do you mean they applied this application cycle and still haven’t received interviews? Or they just haven’t applied to medical/dental school yet?
When you’re in the program you still have to submit your application for the cycle but they specifically don’t interview MHS students until end of April after our semester is over.

Sweet thanks for the response. Much appreciated. The last question... well from me that is; If you know, how many folks got into other medical schools since they don't review applicants until April for the MHS program?

When you’re in the program you still have to submit your application for the cycle but they specifically don’t interview MHS students until end of April after our semester is over.
just curious...why do you need an interview if you already meet the criteria

just curious...why do you need an interview if you already meet the criteria

It’s still a holistic approach and they still have to make sure you’re a good fit for the school.

Sweet thanks for the response. Much appreciated. The last question... well from me that is; If you know, how many folks got into other medical schools since they don't review applicants until April for the MHS program?
Meharry’s class size is 115. They don’t tell us how many are currently accepted.

Hey guys! Wanted to get y'all opinion. I applied for MHS since Dec but before that I began the MSPH application. Do you think its necessary or not to apply for MSPH as well?