Meharry vs. Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowbighonor

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I would totally Aprreciate any advice on the quality of the education at Meharry vs Tufts.

While I enjoyed meeting the people at Meharry, they gave absolutely ZERO infromation regarding pass/ fail rates. I have no idea about their board scores or the quality of their clinical training.

While I can appreciate the mission of the school, I'd like to know how it stand up empirically. I.e., scores, I needs scores!!
Futhermore I heard that Meharry nearly lost its accredidation. Unfortunatley I can't find anything on the net to back it up.

On the other hand, I heard a lot of great things about Tufts university. Yet I don't know if the training is worth and extra $120,000 over the period of 4 years. My overall impression is that you'll get what you want to take out of dental school. With that said doesn't it pretty much come down to the cost of education?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

I live close to Meharry and have not heard anything about their program. I do know that close by TN State U is horrible as far as organization goes and the quality of education. The 2 schools are close together but I'm not sure if they related. IS THERE ANY WAY TO CONTACT THE ACCREDIDATION BOARD???

I have a good friend at Tufts and she tried to get me to come there for next year. I knwo the program is excellent, and that the class is pretty unified. In addition I know that the faculty is really great. I don't know anything about Meharry (didnt apply there), so can't justify the cost aspect. I know that my friend feels that her education is worth it..........hope that helps.

All the best.........