Meharry vs. UNE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalsud

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any insight is helpful

Members don't see this ad.

I think what it comes down to is where do you picture yourself being for four years? Both schools are great. From my personal experience, Meharry is a great school. The atmosphere is very nurturing. But I believe dental education is pretty similar in terms of coursework and clinic experience. Some schools expose students to clinic a bit earlier than others, but in the grand scheme of things, at either school you're going to get a quality education. Which one are you leaning towards? And why?

How do you pronounce this school? Not sure what to say if someone asks what dental school I went to and my response is supposed to be meharry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think what it comes down to is where do you picture yourself being for four years? Both schools are great. From my personal experience, Meharry is a great school. The atmosphere is very nurturing. But I believe dental education is pretty similar in terms of coursework and clinic experience. Some schools expose students to clinic a bit earlier than others, but in the grand scheme of things, at either school you're going to get a quality education. Which one are you leaning towards? And why?
Thank you for your response. Right now im leaning towards UNE because we don’t have to schedule our own patients. It’s also closer to home. I loved Nashville and the people in Meharry so I’m a bit puzzled rn

How do you pronounce this school? Not sure what to say if someone asks what dental school I went to and my response is supposed to be meharry.
If you were a graduate of the school you would know how to pronounce it. Stop trolling.

Thank you for your response. Right now im leaning towards UNE because we don’t have to schedule our own patients. It’s also closer to home. I loved Nashville and the people in Meharry so I’m a bit puzzled rn
Yeah I hear a lot of great things about UNE! I think Meharry starts in June, so keep that in mind

Reactions: 1 user