You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Memes of Podiatry
Started by GreenHousePub
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This is more accurate than you may realize. I received a Facebook "friend" request from someone I don't know and her profile said "Dr. Ivana Humpalot, physican/surgeon at XXX Orthopedics"......another proud PODIATRIST.
So sad when people avoid saying podiatry or podiatrist at all costs so they can pretend they are something else. Reminds me of PA/NP that let people think they are a physician.
Always say podiatry and then explain it’s a foot dentist if they seem confused.
Always say podiatry and then explain it’s a foot dentist if they seem confused.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So when oral neuropathy sets in from uncontrolled mouth sugars they get their teeth debrided every 9 weeks?So sad when people avoid saying podiatry or podiatrist at all costs so they can pretend they are something else. Reminds me of PA/NP that let people think they are a physician.
Always say podiatry and then explain it’s a foot dentist if they seem confused.
No caffeine + no alcohol = no Dr. SmasherWe need ACFAS Salt Lake City
There is caffeine and alcohol thoughNo caffeine + no alcohol = no Dr. Smasher
I could take a picture of The Secret Lives of Mormon Housewives and add "ACFAS Salt Lake City", but it just doesn't seem worth it.
I think we can all agree that one of the coolest pet names your significant other can give you is Dr. SmasherNo caffeine + no alcohol = no Dr. Smasher
Well done.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're losing a lot of money on simple procedures
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is how private practice podiatry leads to divorce.
Bad ROI + false expectations = divorce.
"Don't worry babe, once I'm an attending I'll be making $400k like the pod school recruiter told me"This is how private practice podiatry leads to divorce.
Bad ROI + false expectations = divorce.
5 years later - don’t worry babe, once I get ABFAS I’ll be making more money"Don't worry babe, once I'm an attending I'll be making $400k like the pod school recruiter told me"
But I married a doctor right?This is how private practice podiatry leads to divorce.
Bad ROI + false expectations = divorce.
This facebook page is a TFP goldmine. Trying to extract every last dollar out of a hospice patient is peak podiatry. Can someone meme this for me?
This is art.View attachment 398817
This facebook page is a TFP goldmine. Trying to extract every last dollar out of a hospice patient is peak podiatry. Can someone meme this for me?
I just checked and it looks like they deleted the post lolView attachment 398817
This facebook page is a TFP goldmine. Trying to extract every last dollar out of a hospice patient is peak podiatry. Can someone meme this for me?
EDIT: nvm I was wrong, post is still up
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its still there.I just checked and it looks like they deleted the post lol
For some people - nails are all they have. They want to qualify people. They may even have been doing it without catching the denial and now they are trying to go back and add the GW to recoup the lost reimbursement.
Here's my joke thing on it. Someone this afternoon paid $100 for me to trim a callus. Another patient paid $90 for her nails to be cut.
Meanwhile, I have a Medicare patient who needs a toe amputation. It was scheduled for Monday. Cardiology said the patient was moderate risk - patient said they were healthy as a horse and don't know what's going on. Which is what every patient with a heart condition says. Anesthesia demands that we acquire the records even though in prior cases they did the leg work if the cardiology clearance came in different. Clear stress test, but some sort of left ventricular outflow obstruction - so anesthesia denied it claiming it needs monitoring at a hospital. The patient is pissed. We're moving it to another hospital. My office manager has already come to me twice today asking questions about scheduling. Let's be real. $190 for a callus and some nails looks pretty good considering I've had like 8 conversations to make a $190 amputation happen at a hospital.
Never underestimate a patients desire to have their nails trimmed. You’ve all had moments where you’ve done a recon/big baller elective/ex fix/tar and the patient still asks if you can trim their nails.
Don’t pretend like you haven’t. You may have even whipped out the nail nippers. Sorry, “bone cutters” intraop.
And it absolutely frequently happens for patients who come in with gangrene/osteo and are more worried about their nails than the impending amputation.
Don’t pretend like you haven’t. You may have even whipped out the nail nippers. Sorry, “bone cutters” intraop.
And it absolutely frequently happens for patients who come in with gangrene/osteo and are more worried about their nails than the impending amputation.
Last edited:
Don't forget to put it on your CV next to "Running a busy clinic full of diverse pathology" and "student member of podiatry club".