Memorial Healthcare system for Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TL01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I interviewed at Memorial Healthcare System (Florida) for a prelim IM position. This is a new program and their first class will start in June 2018. I really liked the program and hospital when I interviewed there but obviously I am a little bit worried since it is a new program. The PD mentioned that they have ACGME accreditation but for new programs, the ACGME review their accreditation after 2 years (2019) to decide if they give them full accreditation. Other things to consider: no senior residents.
- Do you guys think it would be a bad choice to do my prelim year there?
- Anyone did their prelim year in a program without senior residents and can share their experience
- Their schedule is 7am-7pm, no call per se, 5 days on 2 days off: what do you think of that?
- For applicants who interviewed there: what did you guys think of the program in general?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I interviewed at Memorial Healthcare System (Florida) for a prelim IM position. This is a new program and their first class will start in June 2018. I really liked the program and hospital when I interviewed there but obviously I am a little bit worried since it is a new program. The PD mentioned that they have ACGME accreditation but for new programs, the ACGME review their accreditation after 2 years (2019) to decide if they give them full accreditation. Other things to consider: no senior residents.
- Do you guys think it would be a bad choice to do my prelim year there?
- Anyone did their prelim year in a program without senior residents and can share their experience
- Their schedule is 7am-7pm, no call per se, 5 days on 2 days off: what do you think of that?
- For applicants who interviewed there: what did you guys think of the program in general?

What specialty are you applying in, for your categorical position? Do you feel that an intern year without call with prepare you well?

The day ends at 7pm not 5pm like most other IM programs. What I meant by no call is that you don't have to stay past 7pm. You obviously still do night float so yes I think that will prepare me as well as any other IM program.