Men's Interview Clothing #2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hardly an expert on who goes on sale and when. I never actually go shopping for clothes now that I have what I need. I spend most of my time gardening, doing business, cooking and eating. In fact, Farrar is totally new to me and I learned about him thru this thread. Or maybe because the low end is obscure to me.

From a point of economic philosophy, I hate the idea of sales. It hides value. For example, I get the Charles Tyrwhitt catalogs even though I never order from them. There is never a time when the shirts AREN'T on sale. And yet, they put the full retail price with a slash through it as if the consumer is suppose to denote some saved value from that.

I would be told to leave if I went to my shirtmaker and asked him if he ever had sales. In the end, the relationship between producer and consumer should be of mutual respect. The idea of sales diminishes that to some idea of corporate structure whose sole purpose is to make the profit/sales figures or move inventory.

I agree. It doesn't change the fact that sales happen with most OTR brands, including BB. I believe the "good deal" on BB is "50%" off (~$4-500 per suit), "good deal" with JAB is "70% off" (~$200 per suit), and I'm not sure with HSM since my dad likes JAB and is willing to buy their clothes for me when I need stuff. What this all means really is not to look at the %-off, but instead the price v. quality relative to what you could get at Macy's or Nordstrom at the same time. If I could afford a shirt maker, I'd also be buying MTM or bespoke suits anyway, so it's really a moot point IMO.

A little anecdote in support of what you just said... I used to work in retail for Office Depot (it was my first job out of highschool). About half the time something went "on sale," it was either marginally less, the same price, or, in a few cases, MORE EXPENSIVE than it was before it went "on sale." The retail price was also marked on the sale cards and would be inflated by the sale card. However, I don't believe this to be the case with JAB (or HSM or BB but not positive there) because their "retail" price points stay the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Like mentioned earlier, charcoal suit(tailored is a great addition, whomever mentioned it), clean and crisp white dress shirt, and a nice power tie.

It'll make you stand out a bit more over the black and white people interviewing. If you think it's too flashy, tone it down with some pattern or subtle striping, as others have mentioned.

:)

Wear a nice classic tie. A power tie is a bit over the top. It represents wealth and a power position, which I wouldn't recommend for an interview. Unless of course you want to remind your interviewer of :

09_American_psycho.jpg

TBskirt004.jpg

The new trend is cross-dressing pirate look. For those of you who enjoy fashion trends. What this photo doesn't tell you is that this guy is going to a medical school interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, what is the deal with these "slim" looking suits? I'm not sure what description I can give them, other than that I think hipsters would wear them. I'm really not sure though. Are they considered "professional" enough, for something like an interview?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/08/fashion/08CODES.html

Out of curiosity, what is the deal with these "slim" looking suits? I'm not sure what description I can give them, other than that I think hipsters would wear them. I'm really not sure though. Are they considered "professional" enough, for something like an interview?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/08/fashion/08CODES.html

One of the best things about America going communist is the slow adoption of the European dress code. If you take a normal American suit and simply make the armhole very high, it has an amazing slimming effect without actually having to slim the belly of the suit. It's also quite amazing that Americans actually think that the high armhole is uncomfortable when the opposite is actually true. Armholes that are just right below the armpit allow for a great amount of movement of the arms without taking the suit along with the movement.

Trust me, high armscyes (aka armholes) are one of the signs of a well-made suit.

It is NOT a hipster trend. It is how clothes are to fit to allow the most comfort. The no break prevents the pants from rubbing against the other shoes and hence early wear and tear. The funny thing is that the news media treats it like a new phenomena.

Btw, that article is from 2007 and the "trend" is still going strong. The communism is strong.

However, narrow lapels and ties are a trend and I hope it goes away.

There was a good article about how the rap stars wear bling when the credit market was good and it was all about conspicuous consumption. Now that money is tight, people are buying smart investments that actually show intelligence and understanding of value. So you're seeing "true preppy" like bow ties, proper suits, and the return of the check suit. No more bling and Air Force Ones.

And lastly, what is a hipster? I was called a hipster by the Air Force One Lt. Commander. I always thought hipsters were the kids in colored jeans, high tops, and those scarves that go around the neck and wear large print gingham and fedoras. And those tight jeans that only go up to their hamstrings (what is this trend?)
hipsters.jpg

Last edited:
Or is this a hipster?

11510Manskirtparis_4269Web.jpg

Hipster?
11510Manskirt_2917Web.jpg

Hipster?
12110BWDVN4143Web.jpg

Hipster with a $15K watch?
11310JHack11888Web.jpg

Hipster? Or Homeless?
10410Kelvin0209Web.jpg

Hipster? Or Hip Replacement?
11119Veteran7253Web.jpg

Is a tattoo of a horse a sign of a hipster? I bet that's equestrian he gets often.
9259WatchWeb.jpg

Last edited:
Hm...interesting. Well you still don't see those suits being widespread in the professional environment...or do you? Personally - I like them. I would rather wear them because they do seem as though they would allow a greater range of motion. But I also don't want to be making some sort of social statement, I suppose. It's like the same with wearing those really narrow ties. I like those narrow ties, but I think if I were to wear one to my medical school interview, the interviewer might think I'm following some sort of "new trend" rather than sticking to what is considered "professional".

Anyway, going back to hipsters, I think hipsters are a motley collection of people who have some very specialized interests. We have some venues here in Gainesville that are pretty popular "hipster" hangouts. I pulled the wiki definition on hipsters and I think it's relatively close to what I had in mind:

Hipster is a slang term that first appeared in the 1940s, and was revived in the 1990s and 2000s often to describe types of young, recently-settled urban middle class adults and older teenagers with interests in non-mainstream fashion and culture, particularly alternative music, indie rock, independent film, magazines such as Vice and Clash, and websites like Pitchfork Media.[1] In some contexts, hipsters are also referred to as scenesters.[2]

Anyway, here in Gainesville (and any college town, I expect) there is always a decent Hipster presence. I have nothing against it, but they tend to be pretty distinct in terms of style/fashion , their majors and where they hang out at night. Anyway - I tend to associate Hipsters with trying to set themselves apart from the mainstream - even when it comes to wearing professional clothing. What you say about high arm holes not being a recent trend is probably true. But I've seen a lot of the younger "hip" people if you will, wearing them around school, so I automatically guessed that it's the sort of suit a hipster would want to wear. I guess that's not necessarily true, because I like those suits myself. Perhaps I too am a hipster.

Clothes wont matter as much as how to talk and present yourself with knowledge abt medicine and your own app

However, narrow lapels and ties are a trend and I hope it goes away.

I guess it depends on how narrow you mean by "narrow"

I hate the tiny 2-2.25 inch ties. But I similarly hate the Brooks Brothers "lobster bib" ties (3.5 inches). The middle ground is somewhere around 2.75 inches I think.

Hm...interesting. Well you still don't see those suits being widespread in the professional environment...or do you? Personally - I like them. I would rather wear them because they do seem as though they would allow a greater range of motion. But I also don't want to be making some sort of social statement, I suppose. It's like the same with wearing those really narrow ties. I like those narrow ties, but I think if I were to wear one to my medical school interview, the interviewer might think I'm following some sort of "new trend" rather than sticking to what is considered "professional".

I think that just goes to show you how poorly most people dress. If you have an appropriately fitting, appropriately tailored suit that is "slim" fit by the conventions described above (high arm holes, etc) - you will look very professional.

Clothes wont matter as much as how to talk and present yourself with knowledge abt medicine and your own app

That doesn't mean the clothes DON'T matter. Presentation counts for something - it is harder for people to take your message seriously when your appearance doesn't match up with the seriousness of the message.

After reading this thread it is now confirmed that two things
are certain

1. I know nothing about "fashion"

2. I am only one of a few broke ass college students that use SDN

Let's say if I had an extra grand to blow, I'm not running
to get new clothes

Bermuda shorts and vans worked for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
After reading this thread it is now confirmed that two things
are certain

1. I know nothing about "fashion"

to get new clothes
I'm one. It really doesn't have to cost as much as some people make it out to. Just spend the money on alterations.

So as long as we're talking fashion, what about haircuts? I really don't know what kind of haircut works best for me and as for personal preference I really don't care. I've had everything from shoulder length to buzz cut. So really, I'm just looking for something that complements my face (round, soft facial features). Thoughts?

to get new clothes

What happened to this country? Your grandparents' generation lied about their age to go fight Nazis. They came back and started businesses and survived the cold war without complaining. PTSD? They hadn't heard of it.

Do Americans still start their own businesses and take risks? Change starts from the bottom up and it appears we're going communist not because the govt wants it, but because Americans just want handouts.

Get to work! (I'm not saying this in the gulag way, cause that would be ironic)

If you watch old documentaries about that era (like The Fog of War), everyone had a damn good suit that fit properly.

PS. I actually don't think this country is going communist, I just like how funny this whole "we're going communist" argument is.

to get new clothes

That would be a lot of pork rinds and 40s.

Last edited:
My wonderful mother has offered to help buy me a suit, but doesn't want to spend a fortune. As such, I'll be heading to Macy's and maybe Men's Warehouse tomorrow. A few questions:

1. What are the top "untailorable" problems I could run into and how do I spot them? It seems like the main thing I should be worried about when actually buying the suit is the shoulder since it is most difficult to tailor. How do I know if the shoulder is good? What other things should I be most concerned about, and how do I do simple checks as I'm trying things on?

2. I'm planning on getting a dark/navy blue suit with a white shirt and simple blue tie. Is a blue suit with a blue tie okay as long as they don't match perfectly in color? Would something else be better?

3. Brown or black shoes? Black for conservative, brown if I'm feeling adventurous?

4. How necessary is it to find an independent tailor as opposed to having it done at the store? What's the best way to find a tailor if getting it done at the store is unacceptable?

Thanks

What happened to this country? Your grandparents' generation lied about their age to go fight Nazis. They came back and started businesses and survived the cold war without complaining. PTSD? They hadn't heard of it.

Do Americans still start their own businesses and take risks? Change starts from the bottom up and it appears we're going communist not because the govt wants it, but because Americans just want handouts.

Get to work! (I'm not saying this in the gulag way, cause that would be ironic)

If you watch old documentaries about that era (like The Fog of War), everyone had a damn good suit that fit properly.

PS. I actually don't think this country is going communist, I just like how funny this whole "we're going communist" argument is.

Wow. Where did this come from? Clothes =/= the "American dream," "communism," "fighting Nazis," or whatever you're implying.

Maybe you take clothes a bit too seriously. :laugh:

Anyway, this thread needs more pages to catch up with the first one.

My wonderful mother has offered to help buy me a suit, but doesn't want to spend a fortune. As such, I'll be heading to Macy's and maybe Men's Warehouse tomorrow. A few questions:

1. What are the top "untailorable" problems I could run into and how do I spot them? It seems like the main thing I should be worried about when actually buying the suit is the shoulder since it is most difficult to tailor. How do I know if the shoulder is good? What other things should I be most concerned about, and how do I do simple checks as I'm trying things on?

2. I'm planning on getting a dark/navy blue suit with a white shirt and simple blue tie. Is a blue suit with a blue tie okay as long as they don't match perfectly in color? Would something else be better?

3. Brown or black shoes? Black for conservative, brown if I'm feeling adventurous?

4. How necessary is it to find an independent tailor as opposed to having it done at the store? What's the best way to find a tailor if getting it done at the store is unacceptable?

Thanks

Do yourself a favor and check out Jos A Banks if you have one in your area. The price point is really quite comparable to Macy's, and the quality is much better.

As far as fit, the biggest "untailorable" is jacket fit in the chest and shoulders. You should try to find a jacket that is appropriately sized in those two areas, and most of the other items can be taken care of easily. A knowledgeable salesperson (unlikely at Macy's, more likely at Jos Banks and even Mens warehouse) should be able to help with this.

I think blue on blue can look fine, can also look bad. Depends on the suit and the tie. As far as shoes - a dark brown or burgundy with navy looks sharp. And tailoring - check out yelp.com and other such sites.

Do yourself a favor and check out Jos A Banks if you have one in your area. The price point is really quite comparable to Macy's, and the quality is much better.

As far as fit, the biggest "untailorable" is jacket fit in the chest and shoulders. You should try to find a jacket that is appropriately sized in those two areas, and most of the other items can be taken care of easily. A knowledgeable salesperson (unlikely at Macy's, more likely at Jos Banks and even Mens warehouse) should be able to help with this.

I think blue on blue can look fine, can also look bad. Depends on the suit and the tie. As far as shoes - a dark brown or burgundy with navy looks sharp. And tailoring - check out yelp.com and other such sites.

Unfortunately the nearest Jos Banks is about an hour away so that won't work. Would Men's Warehouse be my best bet then?

Unfortunately the nearest Jos Banks is about an hour away so that won't work. Would Men's Warehouse be my best bet then?

not sure if srs

Have you never driven somewhere further than an hour?

Driving an hour for a woman, maybe, depending on what she's offering. But driving an hour for a suit, definitely doable man, definitely :)

not sure if srs

Have you never driven somewhere further than an hour?

Driving an hour for a woman, maybe, depending on what she's offering. But driving an hour for a suit, definitely doable man, definitely :)

I guess I should have clarified. Along with buying the suit for me, my dearest mother would also like to be there shopping. It's like 4th grade all over again. I was in favor of heading to Jos Bank no problem, but she wasn't into it. Don't bite the hand that feeds you I guess.

I think I did well today at Mens Warehouse. I'll post pics, prices, and what I got when my alterations are done on Friday.

I guess I should have clarified. Along with buying the suit for me, my dearest mother would also like to be there shopping. It's like 4th grade all over again. I was in favor of heading to Jos Bank no problem, but she wasn't into it. Don't bite the hand that feeds you I guess.

Awww, so adorable.

Wow. Where did this come from? Clothes =/= the "American dream," "communism," "fighting Nazis," or whatever you're implying.

Maybe you take clothes a bit too seriously. :laugh:

Anyway, this thread needs more pages to catch up with the first one.

I just found it funny that there are "broke" college students since all my classmates seem to go shopping every free moment they have. They also have the funniest possessions. One guy has neon lights under his bed (no homo). Another guy has $300 figurines of cartoon characters. I'm pretty sure you guys can afford $1000 suits.

I just found it funny that there are "broke" college students since all my classmates seem to go shopping every free moment they have. They also have the funniest possessions. One guy has neon lights under his bed (no homo). Another guy has $300 figurines of cartoon characters. I'm pretty sure you guys can afford $1000 suits.

That's a pretty generalized statement. Most of my friends aren't broke, but they certainly can't afford a $1,000 suit. And the most expensive things they own are iPods and the beat up cars Mom and Dad mostly paid for in high school.

So I think it's fair to say, "I can't afford a $1,000 suit."

That's a pretty generalized statement. Most of my friends aren't broke, but they certainly can't afford a $1,000 suit. And the most expensive things they own are iPods and the beat up cars Mom and Dad mostly paid for in high school.

So I think it's fair to say, "I can't afford a $1,000 suit."

I guess what I was trying to say is "I think you can, you just don't realize it."

I think I might be the only person who is still stimulating the US economy. I decided to go shopping today. Got two shirts. Total: $395! But it's okay because my money is keeping a very nice 65 year old Belgian immigrant employed. He started as a tailor when he was 16.

If a Vietnamese immigrant such as myself can afford 2 shirts at $400, then I'm sure you guys can buy 1 suit for $1000.

I'll post pics if anyone is interested. Shirts won't be ready until next week though.

Last edited:
If a Vietnamese immigrant such as myself can afford 2 shirts at $400, then I'm sure you guys can buy 1 suit for $1000.

I'll post pics if anyone is interested. Shirts won't be ready until next week though.

I have enjoyed the back and forth of this thread so far, but are you serious about the 1000$ suit? I don't know about the rest of you but every time i have an extra 1000$ just laying around ( which is never) I'm thinking rent, groceries, maybe the electric bill, ooh and i don't know ..... possibly a down payment on my tuition payment plan? Believe it or not 1000$ is a enormous amount of money to some of us college students.

Also, Whats up with the bragging about the 400$ dollar shirts? Yes, we understand you are an immigrant and have done so well that you can afford the finest hand made shirts. Yes, i have a low number of posts as you may feel necessary to point out but once again are you serious???

I guess what I was trying to say is "I think you can, you just don't realize it."

I think I might be the only person who is still stimulating the US economy. I decided to go shopping today. Got two shirts. Total: $395! But it's okay because my money is keeping a very nice 65 year old Belgian immigrant employed. He started as a tailor when he was 16.

You can be sure. But that doesn't mean the $1,000 exists. It's really NOT a smart investment at this point if it did exist.

I've paid all of the application process out of pocket. 2 MCATS, MCAT prep books, gas to drive to take the MCAT, AMCAS, AACOMAS, Secondary fees, gas to get to interviews, hotel rooms.

Somewhere in there I spent my $1,000 for that awesome suit.

Paid about $150 for a suit, about $225-230 after a new shirt and tie. Used Shoes I had, Socks I had, underwear I had.

It worked out.

ok. :rolleyes:

If you guys are smart enough to become doctors, how come you guys aren't smart enough to get rich? It appears that doctors are some of the most booksmart people there are. But when it comes to creativity or business-sense, it just makes no cents.

Really, my net worth didn't just drop by $1400 champ.

your custom made shirts will last you a lifetime, and a 150 dollar suit will not withstand the first dry clean.

I have enjoyed the back and forth of this thread so far, but are you serious about the 1000$ suit? I don't know about the rest of you but every time i have an extra 1000$ just laying around ( which is never) I'm thinking rent, groceries, maybe the electric bill, ooh and i don't know ..... possibly a down payment on my tuition payment plan? Believe it or not 1000$ is a enormous amount of money to some of us college students.

Also, Whats up with the bragging about the 400$ dollar shirts? Yes, we understand you are an immigrant and have done so well that you can afford the finest hand made shirts. Yes, i have a low number of posts as you may feel necessary to point out but once again are you serious???

I'm assuming you get financial aid. Paying down your financial aid or making a down payment on tuition is possibly the worst thing you can do. With the interest rates of most student loans being as they are (around 4%) currently, why pay down student loans? (Those % is if you consolidated).

I still have $20K of undergrad student loans and I have no intention of paying that down beyond making the minimum payments. There are billionaires who die with student loans which gets paid with life insurance payouts.

Maybe it is my age, but I just can't help but think that this younger generation does not value work, money, or what their money buys. And therefore don't get the financial education or savvy that is required to be good with money. Maybe it is true that this really is the "entitled generation."

They teach a class here about managing money and it is surprising how little my fellow classmates know about it. Maybe it is the lack of a classical education that most MCB majors get (all enzymes, no philosophy and economics).

If you guys are smart enough to become doctors, how come you guys aren't smart enough to get rich?

If you are smart enough to become a doctor, how come you aren't smart enough to realize you just paid 400 dollars for two shirts!?

Frivolous spending is why the US economy is where it is, let me guess you put those fancy shirts on a credit card?

Really, my net worth didn't just drop by $1400 champ.

Your math needs work there. I didn't get the $1000 suit. I don't know where you can get bespoke for a $1000. Minimum for bespoke is at least $1700 considering that Hong Kong pegs their prices to the pound sterling (it was only $1600 last year).

your custom made shirts will last you a lifetime, and a 150 dollar suit will not withstand the first dry clean.

It made it.

It was on sale, but none the less, I didn't drop a grand on it.

I'm assuming you get financial aid. Paying down your financial aid or making a down payment on tuition is possibly the worst thing you can do. With the interest rates of most student loans being as they are (around 4%) currently, why pay down student loans? (Those % is if you consolidated).

I still have $20K of undergrad student loans and I have no intention of paying that down beyond making the minimum payments. There are billionaires who die with student loans which gets paid with life insurance payouts.

Yeah your stimulating the economy just like the people on upside down on a home loan they could never afford are when they go out and get the new car to keep up with the neighbors. You think your doing a smart thing by not paying down the loan, but to me i like the feeling being free and clear of my debts. Its probably just how i was raised, you know the whole idea of returning what you borrow. I guess your right about the generational difference, however with 20k in student loans UNPAID seems like your the entitled generation.

Minimum payments.... good idea let that interest compound, paying 40k on 20k worth of loans sound like the smart way to go, do you offer any other financial planning advice?

If you are smart enough to become a doctor, how come you aren't smart enough to realize you just paid 400 dollars for two shirts!?

Frivolous spending is why the US economy is where it is, let me guess you put those fancy shirts on a credit card?

He doesn't take credit cards. He operates out of a small room that appears to be an old motel turned into a "business park" (not joking). Next door is a shady insurance operation. His business is probably smaller than most bedrooms.

Poor people borrowing on their mortgage due to low interest rates due to the Chinese and Indian purchasing T10 bonds is what caused the current state of the economy (the biggest impact). That and the securitizing and bundling of mortgages. Do your homework.

I'm not sure what Americans purchased with the money they borrowed. Possibly truck nuts, Slap Chops, the singing fish they mount on their walls, neon lights under their beds, etc. Most of this money then goes to large corporations in China and the Chinese who then purchase more T10 Bonds which then causes the yields on T10s to go down which then lowers the interest rates on US jumbo loans even further.

The money that goes to independent businesses like bespoke shirtmakers and suitmakers (most of whom make very little compared to your Truck Nuts producer) will go back into the economy.

He doesn't take credit cards.

The money that goes to independent businesses like bespoke shirtmakers and suitmakers (most of whom make very little compared to your Truck Nuts producer) will go back into the economy.

Yeah no paper trail on cash! How much goes back to Belgium? How much of the actual taxes are paid on your 400 dollar purchase?

Yeah your stimulating the economy just like the people on upside down on a home loan they could never afford are when they go out and get the new car to keep up with the neighbors. You think your doing a smart thing by not paying down the loan, but to me i like the feeling being free and clear of my debts. Its probably just how i was raised, you know the whole idea of returning what you borrow. I guess your right about the generational difference, however with 20k in student loans UNPAID seems like your the entitled generation.

Minimum payments.... good idea let that interest compound, paying 40k on 20k worth of loans sound like the smart way to go, do you offer any other financial planning advice?

Ahhhh, the advice of a non-economist. Consolidate your loans and lock in the interest rate. Take what money you're making and invest in your own business. Take any consumer product: most consumer products see a return of 30%. Take said 30% profit and pay off your 3% interest (this is the interest I consolidated at when we were still rich off of Clinton's surpluses and the Chinese were at the height of their investing in US treasuries). Spend remaining 27% or reinvest capital.

Now this is if you're lazy.

If you're smart, you will go into your own small business and produce your own products. Make 1000% profit, reinvest say 5% into the business, pay off your 3% interest, and spend or save the remaining 992% of profits or reinvest in other investments.

In other words, make your money make more money. None of this is possible if you give all your money to pay down student loans.

You're and your are two different things.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what Americans purchased with the money they borrowed. Possibly truck nuts, Slap Chops, the singing fish they mount on their walls, neon lights under their beds, etc.

I heard somewhere that some Americans purchased 200 dollar shirts! Can you believe that?

Now the grammatical attack, i thought to list that in my first post on the thread, but i assumed you would not be petty when faced with an opposing opinion. I was wrong. Your intelligence is overpowering YOU'RE the only fashion/economic/grammar expert I've (ooh look another correctly performed contraction, all your advice has served a purpose) ever come across. I will bow out of this childish arguement obviously YOU'RE one of those "oneuppers" who always knows better.

Last edited:
Yeah no paper trail on cash! How much goes back to Belgium? How much of the actual taxes are paid on your 400 dollar purchase?

Are you so anti-belgian that remittances are not considered part of the GDP for Belgium? Does that money not pay for consumer goods in Belgium? Is the life of a Belgian not as important as that of an American?

Less taxes, more consumer spending, more consumer demand, more jobs, less recession.

Btw, I'd love to discuss this further but I have some work I have to do. Maybe later, young man. You've got lots to learn about our economy. Until then, I have to go and tend to my businesses.

In other news, I just recently won the e-lotto jackpot for $54,000,000. 85% of which I reinvested in bespoke suit makers in China and Belgium for a 1000% profit.

i bought a $900 BB suit for interviews. I could never have afforded it had I paid retail (they still haven't had a 50+% off suit sale this season like they did, TWICE, last year) so I lucked out on that one at $382. I consider it an investment: it's my first big-boy suit and I'll have it forever.

I'll say that I never felt underdressed in it, and there were in fact a couple times on the interview trail that i almost felt overdressed. so you certainly don't have to spend $1,000 on a suit for interviews. if you have $300, spend $200 on the suit you are sure fits you pretty well off the rack, and then have it tailored. it has to fit in the shoulders, and it has to be the right length. anything else can be corrected.

I'm sure this has been covered on here before too, but don't ever, ever dry clean a suit unless you absolutely must. the new "green" cleaning agents used now are very hard on nice fabrics. clean up small stains with dish detergent and water, and have it pressed every so often to keep things sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.