Mercer University Master in Pre-Clinical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok so you are applying for this incoming class then? Which Program?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile
I am applying for fall 2018 admission, not fall 2017, but I am hoping to do the 2 yr bio research program not the 1 year preclinical. Though, I would not turn down either.

Ultimately I want to go back into teaching and do small N studies. If I can do that and have a practice, even better.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am applying for fall 2018 admission, not fall 2017, but I am hoping to do the 2 yr bio research program not the 1 year preclinical. Though, I would not turn down either.

Ultimately I want to go back into teaching and do small N studies. If I can do that and have a practice, even better.
Good deal.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Hello,

I applied to the PCS program for Fall 2017 admission. I was wondering how long it took you all to receive a decision? Everything was submitted May 1. I'm getting a little anxious waiting because I'm trying to consider finding housing and moving back to Georgia (from Texas).

Members don't see this ad :)
So this is for those who end up doing this program studying space on campus is limited so I wanted to share that the Lofts has an office space they allow you to have access to 24 hours for $100/month which I know is steep but it has all the amenities you need to study all day and night without interruptions plus free unlimited coffee.

Reactions: 2 users
Would you recommend this program to future applicants? How did you do in the program and did it help you get into professional school? You can pm me.
So this is for those who end up doing this program studying space on campus is limited so I wanted to share that the Lofts has an office space they allow you to have access to 24 hours for $100/month which I know is steep but it has all the amenities you need to study all day and night without interruptions plus free unlimited coffee.

Last edited:
Can someone please share the books that are used in the first semester of Masters in Preclinical Sciences. Also what is the rate of rent for Lofts apartments for 1 or 2 bedroom?

Is someone willing to talk to me about their experience? How rigorous and how do able is this program? This school is sooo expensive for me. I need to ensure I actually have a shot of getting into their or any other medical school. I am considering this program for 2018-2019

I am currently a student in the Preclinical Sciences program. Please feel free to direct message me with your questions.
Is someone willing to talk to me about their experience? How rigorous and how do able is this program? This school is sooo expensive for me. I need to ensure I actually have a shot of getting into their or any other medical school. I am considering this program for 2018-2019

Hi! I am currently a student in the program. Feel free to direct message me.

I am currently a student in the Preclinical Sciences program. Please feel free to direct message me with your questions.

Do you feel that the program is worth the money and will help with your future goals? I got accepted and I am wondering how good my chances for medical school will be if I matriculate into the program. I have already been waitlisted to one D.O. school.

I just found out about this program this month and I’m completing my app after taking the GRE before the deadline (May 22nd). Do you know the number students they accept? Also how competitive is it with gpa? I’m 0.03 below the min but have been working to bring it up and gained clinical experience and doing research this summer. I’m relying on the other parts of my app. Have you heard of any applicant below the min get accepted?

Do you feel that the program is worth the money and will help with your future goals? I got accepted and I am wondering how good my chances for medical school will be if I matriculate into the program. I have already been waitlisted to one D.O. school.

Hi, I am from Macon so financially this was very doable for me but when compared to other schools I was looking at the prices were around the same. I believe that with any science intensive program where you are earning a masters in 1-2 years is very rigorous and if you can do well, this will definitely, I feel, play in your favor when medical schools are looking at you. I just finished the program in May and now I am currently studying to re-take my MCAT and apply this cycle. I graduated undergrad in 2014 with a very low GPA so for me, there was really no other option but to do a program like this. I believe for you, this will really show schools that you are doing everything you can to keep preparing for medical school even while being waitlisted. It isn't easy but for me it was worth it! Message me if you would like more details.

I just found out about this program this month and I’m completing my app after taking the GRE before the deadline (May 22nd). Do you know the number students they accept? Also how competitive is it with gpa? I’m 0.03 below the min but have been working to bring it up and gained clinical experience and doing research this summer. I’m relying on the other parts of my app. Have you heard of any applicant below the min get accepted?

Hi! From my class there were around 40ish and the reason I say that is because there is also a 2-year research program; however, those students for the first semester take the same classes alongside the students in the 1-year program. I can't really comment on the GPA part and I have not heard of any applicant with a GPA below being accepted and thats purely because I just really didn't know my classmates GPAs. Mines was low but still above the minimum however. I believe its still worth trying because yours is not significantly below the minimum in my opinion and you're very well rounded. The program is designed to help boost applicants and although I do not sit on the admissions committee I feel they would or should take everything into consideration. Sorry I can't provide more information on the GPA but if you have any more questions please feel free to message me!

Reactions: 1 user