Program-Specific Info / Q's MGH 2020 ADMISSIONS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soontobeot2020

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I interviewed at MGH on 12/7, and just got a confusing email from them. I know in previous years, people got an admissions decision about two weeks after the interview, but today I was sent an email that thanked me for coming, and said that admissions decisions would be sent via OTCAS in January. I'm wondering if anyone else got this email, if anyone received an acceptance, if it means I'm waitlisted, or if it means all decisions will be sent out in January this year instead of December.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 12/7 and received the same email. MGH specifically mentioned in the presentations that they won't send out admissions decisions to everyone until January. So that email does not mean you are waitlisted, just that you won't know their decision until January. Hope that helps!

So good to know! Thanks for your help.
I interviewed on the 12/7 and received the same email. MGH specifically mentioned in the presentations that they won't send out admissions decisions to everyone until January. So that email does not mean you are waitlisted, just that you won't know their decision until January. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, you too!!! Are you planning on going? I’m deciding between some other schools but I loved MGH!
I loved it too and am highly considering it! I still have to hear back from a couple more schools but left with a really good feeling from MGH

Is scholarship info in the same email? I assume I don't receive any but just in case.

I didn’t receive any information on the email, I assumed I did not receive any scholarship.

I was accepted into MGH as well! I still have a few programs to hear back from but I'm really considering MGH because I loved it. If anyone hears about a facebook group or anything for accepted students let me know, I'd love to meet some other people who may be attending.

For anyone who is going to MGH, someone made a Facebook group for OTD class of 2023!