MGHIHP DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livvvdpt

Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from MGHIHP? I know they only do interviews for early decision applicants, but they hold an invitational open house in December for regular decision applicants. I'm still waiting to hear back and was wondering if anyone else heard anything. Thanks and best of luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted my application on the 1st of October but still haven't heard anything back yet. Man all this waiting is nerve-racking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an invitation to their open house today via email!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh no, I didn't receive anything.:( Did you guys receive it today?

I just received the email shortly after 4pm!

However, I may opt to video in because I live in NC and might have another interview that weekend. But, it sounds like that may be a little awkward and I would like to see the campus.

However, I may opt to video in because I live in NC and might have another interview that weekend. But, it sounds like that may be a little awkward and I would like to see the campus.
Same! I’m debating the same thing.

Got the same email! So is this truly only for applicants they are strongly considering or does everyone get an invite?

For those that are going, what do you plan on wearing?

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's financially feasible for you I would suggest going in person. There are many benefits to doing so: meeting the faculty and current students, seeing the campus and surrounding areas, learning more about the curriculum, etc. Since you're possibly going to spend 3 very pivotal years of your life at MGH IHP, it's best to attend the open house so that you can make the best informed decision about your school choice.

I didn't get the email that some of you guys got. :/ Do you think there's a chance they are sending out more invitations? Or is it likely that I did not get selected for the open house?

I didn't get the email that some of you guys got. :/ Do you think there's a chance they are sending out more invitations? Or is it likely that I did not get selected for the open house?

In the email they state that they send invites to the strongest applicants, though it's possible that they extend invites to anyone who meets their admission requirements. Is it possible that you didn't meet one of their minimum requirements?

I’m in the same boat..live in N.C. but will struggle logistically to get there. Do you think it’s bad to just live stream it? I would love to go but don’t think it’s possible

I’m in the same boat..live in N.C. but will struggle logistically to get there. Do you think it’s bad to just live stream it? I would love to go but don’t think it’s possible
It holds no weight on your admissions, so if you can’t make it, it’s not a big deal. But of course, you would get more out of it if you were to attend in person since you can see the campus, meet faculty, etc. The sessions are scheduled for 5 hours if you attend in person but the live stream is only 2.5 hours.

I’m going to the morning session of the open house. My friend applied to MGH last year and didn’t go to the open house and she said she felt it hurt her chances even though they say it doesn’t. It seems like you hear back from them before the end of the month with their decisions.

I’m going to the morning session of the open house. My friend applied to MGH last year and didn’t go to the open house and she said she felt it hurt her chances even though they say it doesn’t. It seems like you hear back from them before the end of the month with their decisions.

End of December you mean?

I am a current student at MGH. I know many of my classmates who only attended the online session and still got accepted, so I believe that they are true to their word when they say that it won't negatively affect you to skip the in person session. However, if MGH is one of your top choice schools I would suggest that you attend the in-person info session if it is at all feasible. Being able to speak to current students and faculty and seeing the campus will give you much more insight into the school and the curriculum that you will not get just by watching the online session.

Reactions: 3 users
Are people wearing what they wore to interviews or are you dressing a little more casual?

Are people wearing what they wore to interviews or are you dressing a little more casual?
I will be wearing dress pants, dress shoes, and nice shirt, but will not be wearing a blazer along with it so I would consider that more casual. I don't want to dress too casual but also don't want to be the person that appears overdressed.

I will be wearing dress pants, dress shoes, and nice shirt, but will not be wearing a blazer along with it so I would consider that more casual. I don't want to dress too casual but also don't want to be the person that appears overdressed.
I was thinking the same thing, skipping the blazer.

I was offered acceptance to MGH a couple days ago. If you applied check your emails to see if you got one too.