MHA Fall 2016: Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rush would not give me scholarship info until after I accepted the offer, which I didn't

My interview with Rush is coming up in a week.... do you have any advice on what or how to prepare? Appreciate it in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my acceptance from Minnesota today! Accepted to every school I applied to, but making the decision harder.

Still leaning towards Mizzou, but I have a few more days

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview with Rush is coming up in a week.... do you have any advice on what or how to prepare? Appreciate it in advance!

Three interviews with three different faculty, just one-on-one. Normal questions: why MHA, why Rush, talk about your leadership experience, etc etc. Pretty heavy emphasis on leadership, in my opinion

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @MhaAspirant2016, how long after your acceptance were you notified of your Deans Merit Scholarship? Thanks!
Hey Lisa I got the scholarship via courier after 2 days. They generally don't give the scholarship information via email. Are you planning to attend USC?

Last edited:
Hello, I am currently doing a rotatory internship as a part of my Dental Surgery curriculum in India. My stats are:
GPA : 3.56(WES Evaluation)
GRE: Q 157 V 155
IELTS : 8.0
Experience:
Currently working part time in a private dental practice since 9 months.
Completed a 2 months internship in a hospital, where I worked on a Primary Care project.
Volunteered in several dental screening and medical check up camps.
Applied: JHU,GWU,Cornell, USC,University of South Carolina, George Mason.
Anyone who has applied to these universities,can you please share your profile?
Hey Lisa I got the scholarship via courier after 2 days. They generally don't give the scholarship information via email. Are you planning to attend USC?

Michigan vs. UAB vs. Cornell

thoughts?
This is totally up to you and how you feel you "fit" with their program... these are all amazing programs, so you really can't go wrong. Some questions you should ask yourself:
1. Can I see myself fitting in here with the older cohort and faculty?
2. Is the program setup how you want (i.e. when is the summer residency required, coursework, ability to take electives (potentially through the business school))
3. Opportunities for experience and exposure during school? My program does clinical rotations, which was a huge selling point to me. Maybe they offer jobs or positions in cooperation with the University Medical Center? Working in a relevant field during school is a great way to translate what you're learning concurrently with your work.

That being said, Michigan and UAB are # 1 and #2 and Cornell is great. You really can't go wrong!

I have a connection who is currently in the program at Rush and I believe works with admissions. Inbox me- I will reach out and see if I can get you connected!

I was accepted but I'm an international student so I'm (still) waiting to hear about scholarship!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @MhaAspirant2016, how long after your acceptance were you notified of your Deans Merit Scholarship? Thanks!
Hi Lisa.
I was accepted to USC 3 days back but I haven't heard about scholarship. Could you let me know if u get any update on scholarship

Hi Lisa.
I was accepted to USC 3 days back but I haven't heard about scholarship. Could you let me know if u get any update on scholarship

Even I am an International student ! When did you receive the acceptance?

@akki99, I will! @MhaAspirant2016, I got the email on 2/25 but in the letter it says that my application isn't fully complete since I hadn't sent them my Proof of Financial Support form yet. I just sent it to them though so that could be why I haven't received anything in the mail yet (or it could be that I didn't qualify for scholarship). PS. where are you from? Did you also hear that that it's harder for international students to find fellowships? How do you feel about that?

@akki99, I will! @MhaAspirant2016, I got the email on 2/25 but in the letter it says that my application isn't fully complete since I hadn't sent them my Proof of Financial Support form yet. I just sent it to them though so that could be why I haven't received anything in the mail yet (or it could be that I didn't qualify for scholarship). PS. where are you from? Did you also hear that that it's harder for international students to find fellowships? How do you feel about that?

Hi @Lisa1234
Hi @Lisa1234 I am from India and what about you?

Hi Lisa..
I don't think that could be the reason for not providing scholarship. Because, even I received the same email. I haven't submitted my financial documents along with my application, so they sent me an email to send my finan docs to usci20 dept. They wanted to make sure we r financial fit for the program before they notify us about scholarship. Even I am worried about scholarship. My IELTS scores have reached the dept to the end of jan, that was when my application was considered complete and moved to the admission dept for review. I think early submissions are required to be considered for scholarship. And I don't have a clue on what basis they award scholarships to students. BTW whr r u 4rm? I am 4rm India.

What has been your biggest issues or biggest fears of the application/interview process so far?

What has been your biggest issues or biggest fears of the application/interview process so far?
Hi! I see that the you are attending OSU for the MHA program. I was just offered an interview at OSU which is scheduled on 3/11. Can you please describe the interview and possibly some questions that they may ask. I get extremely nervous during interviews and Ohio State is my top choice! Thanks so much in advance!

Hello everyone. I just wanted to warn everyone--please make sure you feel comfortable with the school you are enrolling in--don't just visit during the day. Visit at night and make sure it's a safe area.

Last edited:
Hi all, some conversations here are veering into sensitive territory. Please be mindful of topics generalizing about people concerning race and sex.

Turns out Michigan accepted me over a week ago and just forgot to tell me, so that was an interesting call to the admissions office.

Reactions: 1 users
What is everyone's thoughts on Yale's Health Care Management program? I don't know a lot about the program since they did not have an on campus visit day.

What is everyone's thoughts on Yale's Health Care Management program? I don't know a lot about the program since they did not have an on campus visit day.
I applied more for kicks than actually seriously entertaining the idea of attending, but I have looked into the program somewhat. I feel like a huge draw of that program is the connection to their prestigious management school and what seems like ample opportunity to take classes in that school.

Last edited:
Has anyone found tips on interviewing? I'm not sure what to expect at all- I can't find anything online

I applied more for kicks than actually seriously entertaining the idea of attending, but I have looked into the program somewhat. I feel like a huge draw of that program is the connection to their prestigious management school and what seems like ample opportunity to take classes in that school.
Yes, that is what attracted me as well. So where are you leaning towards?

Yes, that is what attracted me as well. So where are you leaning towards?
Currently I'm between UNC and Hopkins, leaning toward UNC. I was super impressed with everything on interview day and went there for undergrad so Chapel Hill has a rather large piece of my heart haha. But I am waiting to make a final decision until I go to Hopkins for admitted students day April 8th.

I have a connection who is currently in the program at Rush and I believe works with admissions. Inbox me- I will reach out and see if I can get you connected!

Sorry I didn't get to this until today. Too late for the help now..interview is tomorrow...but thanks for offering

Did anyone else hear from Rush today? I see a few people have interviewed recently. I interviewed early last month and was notified today that I am wait listed. Kinda bummed since it's my top choice at this point and first result, but glad there's still hope!

did you ever hear anything? I submitted my application in November and still haven't heard anything :(
Hey..
Applicants will be notified on their admission status in the month of may for VCU MHA program. Don't worry..

Hey..
Applicants will be notified on their admission status in the month of may for VCU MHA program. Don't worry..

I gave them a call about a week ago just to check in, unfortunately they denied me, but they also sent a letter which came the next day. If you're unsure of your status just reach out to them. Their staff are very polite and responsive.

I got accepted into Columbia's part-time MHA program! :) application submitted 1/9, accepted 3/17! Although I forgot when my application was verified on SOPHAS... it wasn't too long after submission.

How has everyone's scholarships and funding gone? Is everyone planning on pretty substantial loans even with scholarships and the like?

How has everyone's scholarships and funding gone? Is everyone planning on pretty substantial loans even with scholarships and the like?

Expecting loans as of now.

Turns out Michigan accepted me over a week ago and just forgot to tell me, so that was an interesting call to the admissions office.
Hi..
How did u hear about ur acceptance? Is it through email from the admission department or faculty member? I interviewed with one of the faculty members 2 days back and few minutes after the interview I received an email confirming my acceptance. Is that all?

Expecting loans as of now.

Thanks. Wondering how nifty people are able to avoid the brunt of the cost, but it seems like graduate school aid is not the easiest to find.

Anyone have any opinions on SLU vs Rush?!
Both are great programs, so you can't go wrong. I didn't apply to Rush but had a chance to meet with several alumni while I attended ACHE Congress last year and they spoke very highly of the program. I was very impressed with my visit at SLU and have accepted their offer after I interviewed several places. I feel like I got a well-rounded mha tour by going to Michigan, Minnesota, Cornell (Skype), Saint Louis, etc. but ultimately felt SLU had the program that was right for me. Ultimately, it comes down to what program you feel is right, which program emphasizes what is important to you and has the faculty and cohort (though this is harder to know) to get you there.

Just a heads up UW released financial aid for a lot of people this morning. Check your my.uw.edu portal.

Columbia, Deposit and Intent.. Done!

Last edited:
If anyone else is attending Rush, get in touch with me :)

Congrats to All, if anyone is at attending University of Florida contact me

I'll be attending University of Washington.