Michigan State c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people that still have interviews- try not to stress too much. The MMI today wasn't bad and there really isn't much you can do to prepare for it, besides being able to hold a conversation with a stranger. Approach it the same way that you might talk to a client and I think you'll do fine!!! Best of luck. 🙂
 
Does anyone know how much weight the MMI's have on their final decision? I vaguely remember them talking about it at the debriefing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My understanding from what was said to our group was that there is no specific "weight" that they give it, they just consider everything. So I don't know.
I asked in our debriefing session and she said that there isn't a specific weight. At this point, they look at the whole applicant. She then apologized for being vague haha.
 
So I know that IS decisions look like they are going out the first week of February, but I keep checking my email and SDN for any more info. I am not sure I can last the three weeks guys! :nailbiting: On another note, any news on the other interview dates/invites?
 
Congrats on getting in guys! :clap:Shoot me a message if you have any questions, especially the OOS students. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when (if?) they will send out the last round of interviews?

Interesting question because I was wondering that even though I'm not in that group of people. As of the 8th they definitely were having two more dates (so that "if" is covered) but god only knows when they'll send the invites out. I would imagine they'd need to get on that soon though.
 
Interesting question because I was wondering that even though I'm not in that group of people. As of the 8th they definitely were having two more dates (so that "if" is covered) but god only knows when they'll send the invites out. I would imagine they'd need to get on that soon though.
I would say the next round will be out in a week, maybe 2 max, so you'll only have a little more to wait.
 
Yay! Congrats everyone. I was accepted through the Vet Scholars program last year for c/0 2020 along with a few other students and am excited to meet everyone just receiving their acceptances. Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear back!
 
I emailed and they said by mid February if not before. So if you're getting an interview, hopefully soon. If you aren't you'll get rejected by mid february. So nothing new, really. *sigh, more waiting!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got this:

"Dear Spike907,

We have just sent our first round of interview invitations for our final interview dates of February 19th and 26th. We will be sending more invitations next Friday and then continuing right up to the interview dates as open spots become available."

Does this mean I've been wait listed for an interview?
 
What time is the meet and greet? I'm booking my flight and want to make sure I'm there in plenty of time!
 
Who else has interviewed but it is still waiting to hear?

I'm mildly hopeful every time I get an email notification on my phone... but it's never anything interesting. This has been the longest couple weeks ever and the wait continues. Plus my family and my coworkers and my boss keep asking if I heard yet and it's getting on my nerves because really... like I wouldn't tell them if I knew? *sigh* I just want to know one way or another. I won't be too put out if I get rejected because I wasn't even expecting an interview tbh.


Oh, and if I didn't say it already congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck to everyone else 😉
 
Who else has interviewed but it is still waiting to hear?

I'm mildly hopeful every time I get an email notification on my phone... but it's never anything interesting. This has been the longest couple weeks ever and the wait continues. Plus my family and my coworkers and my boss keep asking if I heard yet and it's getting on my nerves because really... like I wouldn't tell them if I knew? *sigh* I just want to know one way or another. I won't be too put out if I get rejected because I wasn't even expecting an interview tbh.


Oh, and if I didn't say it already congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck to everyone else 😉
Still waiting as well... and people keep asking me if I've heard yet too! It just makes the wait seem longer... :smack: Hopefully we hear back soon!
 
Who else has interviewed but it is still waiting to hear?

I'm mildly hopeful every time I get an email notification on my phone... but it's never anything interesting. This has been the longest couple weeks ever and the wait continues. Plus my family and my coworkers and my boss keep asking if I heard yet and it's getting on my nerves because really... like I wouldn't tell them if I knew? *sigh* I just want to know one way or another. I won't be too put out if I get rejected because I wasn't even expecting an interview tbh.


Oh, and if I didn't say it already congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck to everyone else 😉

I asked last week if "first week of February" means "up through the end of the first week of February" or "February 5th" so I could stop unnecessarily checking my email and DG said "February 5th." (For in-state)
 
I asked last week if "first week of February" means "up through the end of the first week of February" or "February 5th" so I could stop unnecessarily checking my email and DG said "February 5th." (For in-state)

Yeah, that's about what I was figuring but since we could potentially hear earlier I'm still a bit hopeful whenever my phone says I have new email. Haha. Not much time left to go for the IS though. Feels a lot longer than it is.
 
I asked last week if "first week of February" means "up through the end of the first week of February" or "February 5th" so I could stop unnecessarily checking my email and DG said "February 5th." (For in-state)

Thank you so much for asking that! I have that entire week highlighted based on the email she sent out, but at least now I can circle one day. So nerve wracking! Best of luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for asking that! I have that entire week highlighted based on the email she sent out, but at least now I can circle one day. So nerve wracking! Best of luck everyone!

Hey, what email are you referring to? I interviewed January 8th and haven't heard a thing! 🙁

I was wondering the same thing. I got a survey after the interviews but that was it. Was there an email sent out?
 
I was wondering the same thing. I got a survey after the interviews but that was it. Was there an email sent out?
Hey, what email are you referring to? I interviewed January 8th and haven't heard a thing! 🙁

I think the people who interviewed in December got an email updating us that we would probably hear the first week of February. We were originally told the end of January at out interview debrief. 🙂 Sorry wish I had more exciting news to share. I think we are all going crazy with the wait. 😛
 
I think the people who interviewed in December got an email updating us that we would probably hear the first week of February. We were originally told the end of January at out interview debrief. 🙂 Sorry wish I had more exciting news to share. I think we are all going crazy with the wait. 😛

Ahhh, okay yeah that make sense.
 
Seriously, try to forget about all of this until you get your final decisions. I went crazy last year and my friends and family couldn't stand to be around me because I was a nervous wreck checking my email every 5 seconds. I know it's hard, but try to forget about it and have some fun while you still can! The email will come with one answer or another wether you stress out or not, so don't go crazy for no reason! I promise you the time will fly by faster if you're not stressing out over something out of your control. 🙂
 
Seriously, try to forget about all of this until you get your final decisions. I went crazy last year and my friends and family couldn't stand to be around me because I was a nervous wreck checking my email every 5 seconds. I know it's hard, but try to forget about it and have some fun while you still can! The email will come with one answer or another wether you stress out or not, so don't go crazy for no reason! I promise you the time will fly by faster if you're not stressing out over something out of your control. 🙂

So True. 😛 I have been doing a lot of volunteering at an equine rescue to keep me occupied. We have two mares in foal that were rescued from the kill pens and we don't know when their due dates are. The mini we have looks pretty close, but she may be in foal to a full size horse. :eyebrow: I am trying to recall all my LA NICU training. Would be a great way to spend next week- camped out waiting for babies!

What have others been doing with their time? Any fun stories to share?
I figure we might as well keep each other distracted.