Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do we know if our rank moves? Or do you just mean has anyone been pulled off?
I just mean has anyone been pulled off!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I’m still at 1 for OOS so the list has not moved at all.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I’m still at 1 for OOS so the list has not moved at all.
I wonder when it will. Several people in the forum denied their acceptances there, so if you haven’t been pulled then they haven’t filled the class up yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder when it will. Several people in the forum denied their acceptances there, so if you haven’t been pulled then they haven’t filled the class up yet.
That is really odd... maybe they're waiting and planning to do a certain number of people at once?

My application is still in review. I received an update yesterday stating that they are finishing up reviewing remaining applications and will conduct final interviews the week of May 8th. I'm not sure but maybe they are waiting until after that to assess class size and pulling from waitlist. Could be wrong but just a thought.

My application is still in review. I received an update yesterday stating that they are finishing up reviewing remaining applications and will conduct final interviews the week of May 8th. I'm not sure but maybe they are waiting until after that to assess class size and pulling from waitlist. Could be wrong but just a thought.
Ohh yeah I forgot about that. That makes more sense.

I totally thought they had reviewed all of the applications by now. That’s crazy! Hopefully you get some good news

Another thing to consider is that when they send out acceptances, they always over-accept the class because they know there are people who will decline their spot. For example: at MSU, if there are ~55 OOS spots, they’ll send out 65 acceptances under the assumption 10 people will decline their spots (this is just rough numbers, idk how many they actually over-accept). From there, the waitlist is generated. A lot of vet schools do this — which is why there is some fluctuations in class sizes if a school overestimates how many people will decline their spots. It’s a common practice to ensure classes are filled.

So, there may have been people who have declined their OOS seats already, but because MSU over-accepted the class, the waitlist hasn’t been touched yet.

They may also have a few spots saved for those in review, as mentioned above.

Another thing to consider is that when they send out acceptances, they always over-accept the class because they know there are people who will decline their spot. For example: at MSU, if there are ~55 OOS spots, they’ll send out 65 acceptances under the assumption 10 people will decline their spots (this is just rough numbers, idk how many they actually over-accept). From there, the waitlist is generated. A lot of vet schools do this — which is why there is some fluctuations in class sizes if a school overestimates how many people will decline their spots. It’s a common practice to ensure classes are filled.

So, there may have been people who have declined their OOS seats already, but because MSU over-accepted the class, the waitlist hasn’t been touched yet.

They may also have a few spots saved for those in review, as mentioned above.
You have been so helpful thank you! Would you say in your opinion they usually go deep into the waitlist? I know it varies depending on the year!

You have been so helpful thank you! Would you say in your opinion they usually go deep into the waitlist? I know it varies depending on the year!
Of course — happy to try and help where I can! And yes. Based on passed years, the OOS waitlist moves a good amount. Movement doesn’t seem to really happen until the summer months though. The IS waitlist only moves a handful of spots, unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad :)
They just sent out an email with updated info on NETID, orientation, etc.!

Just going to rant for a moment: finding housing in east lansing sucks and i hate every second of it. It’s either a slum lord situation or living with uptight roommates. Like why is there no happy medium???

Just going to rant for a moment: finding housing in east lansing sucks and i hate every second of it. It’s either a slum lord situation or living with uptight roommates. Like why is there no happy medium???

i can’t understand you enough. as much as i’m grateful to get in can’t wait to get out… lol

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from Michigan?

Someone posted in the FB group that they were in the last batch of interviews last week & received their acceptance on Friday. I haven’t seen anyone post about being pulled off the waitlist yet though. Hang in there!

Which FB group is that?
Someone posted in the FB group that they were in the last batch of interviews last week & received their acceptance on Friday. I haven’t seen anyone post about being pulled off the waitlist yet though. Hang in there!

IS moved 2 spots. If you are not interested in attending please withdraw!