You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for starting this thread! 3rd time IS applicant myself. Here’s to our year!! 🤞🏼☺️Hi guys! Didn’t see an MSU thread yet so I’m starting one! I’m a 3rd time IS applicant, hoping this is my year 🙂 good luck to everyone applying!
1st time OOS applicant from AZ. We got this 🙂
Happy application day everyone!! Best of luck [emoji3526] On a side note, is anyone else having issues with VMCAS right now?? I was quadruple checking my app and it kicked me off about 5 minutes ago and won’t let me sign back on, just keeps loading [emoji51]
Update: VMCAS hiccup worked itself out and application is submitted [emoji2957]
Update: VMCAS hiccup worked itself out and application is submitted [emoji2957]
Last edited:
2nd time OOS applicant! I was waitlisted last cycle!! Hoping for some better luck this time round! Good luck everyone 🙂
We’ve got this!! Third time is the charm, hopefully by the end of this we are classmates 🤞🏼🤩Thank you for starting this thread! 3rd time IS applicant myself. Here’s to our year!! 🤞🏼☺️
First time OOS applicant from Ohio. Good luck everyone!

First time OOS (Texas).
First time OOS applicant!
Hey, guys! Current IS second year at State. I’ll be lurking around the forum some if anyone has any questions about the program, school, etc as you wait for decisions, so don’t hesitate to reach out!
Best of luck to everyone! 🙂
Best of luck to everyone! 🙂
Hey everyone, third time OOS applicant here! Fingers are crossed this cycle. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully we’ll hear something in the next week since it’s getting closer to the end of October
You aren’t! My brain keeps being like “…. It’s the end of October” 🤣I can’t be the only one aggressively checking my email the past few days [emoji1787][emoji2957]
morgan2000
Full Member
Maybe they’ll send out invites in the next ten minutes? One could only hope lol
This is my brain [emoji23][emoji23]
D
deleted1145148
They are definitely waiting until Halloween just to scare us 👻
You think we’ll be hearing about interviews so early? When they said they’d reach out at the end of October I thought it might just be to let us know if our academic requirements were met.Maybe they’ll send out invites in the next ten minutes? One could only hope lol
Megjd
Full Member
Yeah, last year they let us know November 8th because things were delayed. If you didn’t pass the academic requirements they usually would have told you by now.You think we’ll be hearing about interviews so early? When they said they’d reach out at the end of October I thought it might just be to let us know if our academic requirements were met.
I remember sitting in class in early November or late October and getting the MSU rejection email last year.
Megjd
Full Member
Are you instate or out of state? I’m in state so that’s when we heard last year.Huh. My timeline was different last year. I was notified 11/17 that my academic requirements were met. Then I was rejected 12/17. So the ones invited to the Virtual Reception heard back earlier? That’s exciting, I wasn’t expecting to hear news from this school until December.
I’m out of stateAre you instate or out of state? I’m in state so that’s when we heard last year.
lindseyf23
Full Member
Anyone think we are going to be hearing today? Checking my email every 10 minutes 🤣
Still nothing over here 🙁 Do y'all think they may send out communications later tonight? I was really hoping that 5PM would be it and I know quite a number of you are waiting anxiously as well. The wait is killing me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This about to be the spookiest and most terrifying email of the whole yearHappy Halloween and Happy last day of October everyone 🤣
My guess is they aren't sending them today and we're not going to hear by the end of October.
Maybe this Wednesday or Friday...? I know the email says "near the end of October" but I wish they'd send additional updates if/when their timeline changes.
Maybe this Wednesday or Friday...? I know the email says "near the end of October" but I wish they'd send additional updates if/when their timeline changes.
That's quite the range of potential dates.From the Michigan State Website
That’s my thinking — I mean nothing we can do, but god the stress of checking my email every day 😂That's quite the range of potential dates.
But those dates are just for the interviews. They have to let people know sooner than that. Michigan state sends out everything at once basicallyThat's quite the range of potential dates.
It says "applicants will be notified November through January".But those dates are just for the interviews. They have to let people know sooner than that. Michigan state sends out everything at once basically
Out to the side, it says interviews December through February. So I'm wondering if they're staggering things this year based on rank, IS/OOS status, or something super cryptic?
I don't want to receive any emails unless they're vet school related through Nocebuary.
It says "applicants will be notified November through January".
Out to the side, it says interviews December through February. So I'm wondering if they're staggering things this year based on rank, IS/OOS status, or something super cryptic?
I don't want to receive any emails unless they're vet school related through Nocebuary.
This. The notification dates typically have varied based on IS v OOS. In the past IS has heard sooner for certain things like virtual reception invites, CASPer testing, etc. Not [emoji817] sure but I’d think it takes longer for OOS solely off the fact there over 1000 more applications to sift through. Either way, the process seems SO long on our end and it’s easy to read into every email and piece of info given. Don’t read into it too hard though and try to be patient, or it’ll drive you crazy [emoji2957]
Sincerely, fellow applicant who is trying so hard, and failing slightly to stay patient and limit email checks [emoji23]
Last edited:
First time IS applicant. This year MSU required 100% of prereqs to be completed before even applying, as opposed to 50% in previous years. I squeaked by with finishing my last two prereqs this summer, and was wondering if anybody else was feeling hopeful that the application pool would be thinned out at all by the new rule
That’s my hope as wellFirst time IS applicant. This year MSU required 100% of prereqs to be completed before even applying, as opposed to 50% in previous years. I squeaked by with finishing my last two prereqs this summer, and was wondering if anybody else was feeling hopeful that the application pool would be thinned out at all by the new rule
Is Michigan State doing Casper testing this year? I didn't see anything on the website about itThis. The notification dates typically have varied based on IS v OOS. In the past IS has heard sooner for certain things like virtual reception invites, CASPer testing, etc. Not [emoji817] sure but I’d think it takes longer for OOS solely off the fact there over 1000 more applications to sift through. Either way, the process seems SO long on our end and it’s easy to read into every email and piece of info given. Don’t read into it too hard though and try to be patient, or it’ll drive you crazy [emoji2957]
Sincerely, fellow applicant who is trying so hard, and failing slightly to stay patient and limit email checks [emoji23]
morgan2000
Full Member
Is Michigan State doing Casper testing this year? I didn't see anything on the website about it
I could be wrong, but I think they had you do it in previous years to replace the interview. But sounds like interviews are back so I’d assume (hope lol) not.
They’re not!Is Michigan State doing Casper testing this year? I didn't see anything on the website about it
Is Michigan State doing Casper testing this year? I didn't see anything on the website about it
Nooo, thank goodness!! I despised the CASPer [emoji37] They put it in place of interviews during Covid, but luckily interviews are back on this year so no CASPer [emoji1362][emoji1323]
My next guess is The 8th because it’s a full moon and it’s an eclipse sooooo
Also Election Day, so we can really maximize the chaosMy next guess is The 8th because it’s a full moon and it’s an eclipse sooooo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1145148
Never before has my junk mailbox gotten this much attention
So... not today, it seems.
Every day of November is torture.
Every day of November is torture.
same here, so much for the end of October right? haha, we should be hearing back this week though i think! fingers crossed