-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State C/O 2028
Started by honeypot999
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
OOS interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS INTERVIEW INVITE !!! 🤞🏼
hopefullyfuturedogtor
Full Member
OOS Interview!
benzene_gurl14
Full Member
OOS interview invite. I have some acceptances and interviews at other schools so I’m going to politely decline. Hopefully helps someone on the waitlist!
fayebarker15
Full Member
OOS denial
pradthngam
Full Member
OOS interview
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
Non-tradition OOS, invite to interview!
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
OOS rejection
futuredogtor-2028
New Member
OOS rejection 🙁
JVaspiringvet
Full Member
OOS Interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
isleofshibes
Full Member
OOS rejection 🙁 praying things go well with my in-state school. Good luck to everyone who has an interview!
OOS rejected. Super bummed :/ Good luck to everyone 💚
milesofhappy
Full Member
oos rejection good luck everyone!
aaml200445
Full Member
OOS interview invite! Have interviewed at my IS school, and will hear back from that school before MSU interviews, but did accept the interview in case things don't work out!
Last year they interviewed 213 OOS applicants.OOS alternate MMI, does anybody know roughly what number they get to each year?
Thank you, that was kind of you to attach the urlLast year they interviewed 213 OOS applicants.
mondakroopa
New Member
OOS alternate here, does anyone know how long the alternate list tends to be and how many are typically chosen to interview from the alternate list?
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
OOS rejected 😢
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t remember if they did last year. I can say I was on Kansas waitlist for an interview and was never pulled off. I took it as a soft rejection.Have they done interview alternates in the past?
They didn't have an interview waitlist, but last year was super delayed and even some of our classmates interviewed after the April deadline to enroll.I don’t remember if they did last year. I can say I was on Kansas waitlist for an interview and was never pulled off. I took it as a soft rejection.
Madison Shapiro
New Member
OOS interview alternate ^-^
OOS rejected. Best of luck to everyone else!
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
This is my second cycle applying to schools and the only one who offered me an interview! I am so glad they are taking a chance on me and giving me the opportunity to show what I have to offer the profession! How are all of you preping? I have read about MMI interviews, but I am looking for tips to practice.
OOS interview. Was waitlisted during the 2021 cycle, maybe this will be the time!
Congrats to those who received interviews and to those that did not, please keep your head up!
While I can’t say anything about the interview, I was also nervous about the MMI format. I highly recommend looking up the format and tips!
I found that MSU was probably one of my favorite interviews I participated in last year! Unless they change things, you’re either in or waitlisted at this point.
Good luck! Excited to hopefully have some of you at MSU next year!
While I can’t say anything about the interview, I was also nervous about the MMI format. I highly recommend looking up the format and tips!
I found that MSU was probably one of my favorite interviews I participated in last year! Unless they change things, you’re either in or waitlisted at this point.
Good luck! Excited to hopefully have some of you at MSU next year!
On the other hand, I hated my MSU interview last year and called my mom after saying there was no way I got in.
The MMI was a thing I was prepared for, but some of the questions I was not prepared for. So having the ability to think quick on your feet and staying calm under pressure will help big time!
The MMI was a thing I was prepared for, but some of the questions I was not prepared for. So having the ability to think quick on your feet and staying calm under pressure will help big time!
hopefullyfuturedogtor
Full Member
How was the format if you don’t mind me asking? I only did one mmi interview but this one is in group so im not sure what to expect… how many stations are there? Are we all supposed to answer the question?On the other hand, I hated my MSU interview last year and called my mom after saying there was no way I got in.
The MMI was a thing I was prepared for, but some of the questions I was not prepared for. So having the ability to think quick on your feet and staying calm under pressure will help big time!
It’s individual so it was one on one with 7 ish stations. You had 6 minutes to answer the question and any follow up questions the interviewer asked.How was the format if you don’t mind me asking? I only did one mmi interview but this one is in group so im not sure what to expect… how many stations are there? Are we all supposed to answer the question?
I know last years process was abnormal, but I’m kind of confused about the numbers. On their website it says that there were 213 OOS interviews and 107 were offered seats. However, people on Facebook were saying that they were #190+ on the waitlist. How is that possible?
Hi! This is the only school that offered me an interview too! I’m going through online MMI questions and familiarizing myself with vet med topics I’m not up to date on, as well as Michigan State itself. Also making sure I’m familiar with my application and the research I’ve done should any of the questions be more application specific.This is my second cycle applying to schools and the only one who offered me an interview! I am so glad they are taking a chance on me and giving me the opportunity to show what I have to offer the profession! How are all of you preping? I have read about MMI interviews, but I am looking for tips to practice.
Because at MSU once you interview you essentially are either waitlisted or accepted. So 107 people were offered a seat but only 62 people accepted and were admitted into the class.I know last years process was abnormal, but I’m kind of confused about the numbers. On their website it says that there were 213 OOS interviews and 107 were offered seats. However, people on Facebook were saying that they were #190+ on the waitlist. How is that possible?
Yes that makes sense to me! I mean I don’t understand how the waitlist was supposedly so long. If only 213 were interviewed and 107 were offered, wouldn’t the waitlist have only been 107 people long? Ie the remainder of those that interviewed but were not initially offered a spot?Because at MSU once you interview you essentially are either waitlisted or accepted. So 107 people were offered a seat but only 62 people accepted and were admitted into the class.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess the 107 that were offered a spot include those who were previously on the waitlist but eventually got pulled off the list. So the waitlist could be bigger than 107.Yes that makes sense to me! I mean I don’t understand how the waitlist was supposedly so long. If only 213 were interviewed and 107 were offered, wouldn’t the waitlist have only been 107 people long? Ie the remainder of those that interviewed but were not initially offered a spot?
How long did it take after your interview when you got your acceptance? @honeypot999 & @miranda920
I think after my interview it took 2 months to hear back. They were really behind last year so you may hear earlier than we didHow long did it take after your interview when you got your acceptance? @honeypot999 & @miranda920
I interviewed the end of February and OOS found out on March 31stHow long did it take after your interview when you got your acceptance? @honeypot999 & @miranda920