Michigan State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you happen to know if decisions come back the same time for everyone?
So IS heard a few weeks before us, they also interview before us. Then majority of OOS heard all together, the only exceptions would be those who were still in review and received interviews later.

So IS heard a few weeks before us, they also interview before us. Then majority of OOS heard all together, the only exceptions would be those who were still in review and received interviews later.
Do you know if they will ask personal stuffs in the MMI or just random unrelated scenarios? I know that you signed an agreement so It's ok if you don't feel comfortable to tell anything. Really appreciate! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha. They scheduled me for my fourth time preference 😅. I was hoping it would be at most second or third.

They scheduled me for my fourth time preference as well! At least it gives me more time to prepare, but I'd rather get it done and over with as soon as possible. They said the interview is through Kira, which I'm assuming is a similar test to the CASPER test from the previous cycles.

They said the interview is through Kira, which I'm assuming is a similar test to the CASPER test from the previous cycles.
MSU does live interviews right? Like facing a person, not recorded responses?

I got my interview date and noticed it’s on Kira, the online interview platform. Were they on Kira last year? Normally Kira are asynchronous in the sense you record yourself answering the prompts…

I got my interview date and noticed it’s on Kira, the online interview platform. Were they on Kira last year? Normally Kira are asynchronous in the sense you record yourself answering the prompts…
I took a look at the Kira website and they do both asynchronous and live

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently working on my application for the DVM/PhD dual degree for MSU, and I am curious if anyone knows the stats for the amount of people who apply for this and the amount that actually are accepted? I know we are all still waiting on DVM decisions so that must come first, but I am just curious if anyone knows the stats on the dual degree? Thanks!

I'm currently working on my application for the DVM/PhD dual degree for MSU, and I am curious if anyone knows the stats for the amount of people who apply for this and the amount that actually are accepted? I know we are all still waiting on DVM decisions so that must come first, but I am just curious if anyone knows the stats on the dual degree? Thanks!
I don’t know the answer to this, but I just submitted my app for the dual degree too! Best of luck to you! I’m not sure how many people apply but it seems like only a couple get selected. I know for one class that’s currently at MSU- there’s only 1 dual degree in their year.

I don’t know the answer to this, but I just submitted my app for the dual degree too! Best of luck to you! I’m not sure how many people apply but it seems like only a couple get selected. I know for one class that’s currently at MSU- there’s only 1 dual degree in their year.
Thank you!! You as well! Did you just send all application materials to the email listed on their website (under the letters of rec section)? I was just surprised there wasn't a portal or anything for applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! You as well! Did you just send all application materials to the email listed on their website (under the letters of rec section)? I was just surprised there wasn't a portal or anything for applications.
Yep! I emailed them a couple weeks ago to confirm :)

Yep! I emailed them a couple weeks ago to confirm :)
Okay thank you! Also, did you have some of the same letters of rec for the dual application as you did for VMCAS? If so, did you have those who wrote your VMCAS ones send another copy to that email, or did you just say in the email the names of the ones you were using from VMCAS? I'm finishing everything up today, but I didn't even think about that lol.

Okay thank you! Also, did you have some of the same letters of rec for the dual application as you did for VMCAS? If so, did you have those who wrote your VMCAS ones send another copy to that email, or did you just say in the email the names of the ones you were using from VMCAS? I'm finishing everything up today, but I didn't even think about that lol.
I had two new people write me letters that weren’t on my VMCAS, and they emailed them to that same address. For the third, I just listed their name in my submission email and to please refer to their VMCAS recommendation . They will have access to it

Does anyone know when IS heard back after interviews last year? I know OOS was end of March so I’m curious if it’s earlier or around the same time.

Last year it was March 17th for IS. But the entire time they kept saying they were running behind last year so it may be sooner!

Has anyone been recently offered interviews from the waitlist? if so, what place were you in line? I was just moved up in line and I want to see if I have a shot

Good luck to anyone interviewing today!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just finished my interview! Didn't think i do pretty well but i like this format! Good luck to everyone ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Are final decisions based on the interview only, or interview + app?

Did my interview at 3pm, finished at 4pm. Lowkey some parts of it were a little confusing/hard but I did do well in other parts. I like the MMI format, its very different than any other interviews I have done before. I did feel like interviewers were very understanding in some parts! Hopefully I get in and get to see you all upcoming Fall! We should hear back beginning of March.

I got pulled off the waitlist and was debating on accepting depending on how the interview type was. Is it with a live person or just prompts?

I got pulled off the waitlist and was debating on accepting depending on how the interview type was. Is it with a live person or just prompts?
I don’t have mine until later in the month but I’m pretty sure it’s a live interviewer on the other side

Hi guys! Just accepted my offer to NCSU, so I’ll be declining my Michigan state interview. Hoping someone gets good news!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
During MMIs do they ask you questions regarding your app/ why that specific school/ why vet med or do they only ask scenario based questions?

During MMIs do they ask you questions regarding your app/ why that specific school/ why vet med or do they only ask scenario based questions?
They didn’t ask any personal questions. And they had a set of questions for everyone and couldn’t deviate much from them

They didn’t ask any personal questions. And they had a set of questions for everyone and couldn’t deviate much from them

True, I was actually quite surprised about that lol. Its very impersonal in a way. I wonder if everyone got the same exact questions though.

True, I was actually quite surprised about that lol. Its very impersonal in a way. I wonder if everyone got the same exact questions though.

Im pretty sure they have to give the same questions because it wouldnt be fair if they didnt. They were looking for certain qualities about applicants. So if they werent the same they wouldnt be able to decide who has more of what they want.

I declined my invitation to interview since I got acceptances elsewhere. So hope those that are on the waitlist can move up!

Reactions: 2 users
I am so disheartened. I messed up my interview. I couldn't even answer the questions they prepared in very short time, and I was talking about a totally different thing with one of the questions. Since this is my last school to hear from, I've lost all hope. I don't know what I should do until September to reapply. Does anyone have advice?

Last edited:
I am so disheartened. I messed up my interview. I couldn't even answer the questions they prepared in very short time, and I was talking about a totally different thing with one of the questions. Since this is my last school to hear from, I've lost all hope. I don't know what I should do until September to reapply. Does anyone have advice?

Hey, its okay! Same thing happened to me, I felt very nervous during my interview and felt like I did awful. I had my interview on Tuesday, and in all honesty there’s not really a way to fully prepare for this interviews. Lets just hope we both hear positive news on March!

I thought I did awful in my MSU interview. Called my mom crying, and thought there was no way I would get into Michigan State. Yet here I am. I can say a lot of my classmates felt the same way about their interviews. So give yourself some grace and take care of yourself during this time

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if the interviews are open or closed file? Does it matter either way?

Does anybody know if the interviews are open or closed file? Does it matter either way?
They are closed. You are not asked questions about your application at all