-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State University c/o 2024
Started by Sunshine in a Storm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes!hey for those that got the email today we have till friday correct to make our deposit?
Nlibio
Full Member
I am missing a few prereqs, but I’m doing them now and will have them finished at the end of spring semester. What are you missing? Were you planning on doing summer courses?Is anyone else missing prereqs? How do you plan on completing them by 7/1?
I guess so. I'm "nontraditional" and have been out of school for awhile so I had totally forgotten that I had a C- in organic chemistry II 8 years ago and didn't realize it until the interviews when it was too late to register for spring semester. 😳I am missing a few prereqs, but I’m doing them now and will have them finished at the end of spring semester. What are you missing? Were you planning on doing summer courses?
Oh no! Maybe there is a self-paced class you could find and rush through it?I guess so. I'm "nontraditional" and have been out of school for awhile so I had totally forgotten that I had a C- in organic chemistry II 8 years ago and didn't realize it until the interviews when it was too late to register for spring semester. 😳
Anyone else get an offer/update today?
Do those exist? Do you have any idea where I can even start looking? I feel so dumb. 🙁Oh no! Maybe there is a self-paced class you could find and rush through it?
Athabasca University offers it! There is usually an in-class lab that's held during the summer for a few days, but maybe they have an alternative to have the lab online now. I'd definitely check it out! It's in Canada though, so I'd check to see if you have to pay international feesDo those exist? Do you have any idea where I can even start looking? I feel so dumb. 🙁
Do those exist? Do you have any idea where I can even start looking? I feel so dumb. 🙁
Biochemistry
<p>Get an introduction to some of the basic chemical, physical and biological processes responsible for the survival and growth of humans and other complex life forms, bacteria and viruses. Explore the basic chemistry and overall structure of the most important biological macromolecules...
or
Biochemistry
Study the common molecular processes and chemical reactions that underlie diverse life forms. Begin by examining the relationship between the 3-D structure of proteins and their biological activity. Next, look at the mechanism of enzyme action, how enzymes recognize their substrates and enhance...
the latter is not self paced but the first one is. not sure what you need.
Did you ever ask/get an answer about this? If we have all pre reqs completed and signed off on the form at interviews, no action is necessary? Also feel dumb for asking 😀This is a dumb question but as for transcripts: do we only have to send our "in-progress" courses that are now completed? I just ordered for my college to send a transcript to them but I also did some college in high school classes a few years ago and sent those transcripts to VMCAS. Do I have to send that transcript again too?
pinkuzzy87
Michigan State CVM c/o 2024
UNE online offers 16 week courses that you can finish very quickly. I did ochem 2 with them in like 3 weeks.Do those exist? Do you have any idea where I can even start looking? I feel so dumb. 🙁
So I ended up just sending the transcript of the college I attended because I had taken pre-reqs this past fall semester. They emailed me and let me know that they received my fall 2019 grades and that all pre-reqs were fulfilled. So I never ended up sending the college in high school transcript. Sorry if that doesn’t help!Did you ever ask/get an answer about this? If we have all pre reqs completed and signed off on the form at interviews, no action is necessary? Also feel dumb for asking 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you ever ask/get an answer about this? If we have all pre reqs completed and signed off on the form at interviews, no action is necessary? Also feel dumb for asking 😀
I asked admissions about this in an email a month ago! I signed the "all pre reqs completed" sheet at the interview in January and their email response said that there is nothing else I need to do further in regards to it.
Do those exist? Do you have any idea where I can even start looking? I feel so dumb. 🙁
I used ucberk extension for biochem. Just make sure the proctored final exam can be done at home (if there is one) with monitoring software because I was required to go to a proctoring location an i don't know if those are open![]()
Biochemistry
<p>Get an introduction to some of the basic chemical, physical and biological processes responsible for the survival and growth of humans and other complex life forms, bacteria and viruses. Explore the basic chemistry and overall structure of the most important biological macromolecules...extension.berkeley.edu
or
![]()
Biochemistry
Study the common molecular processes and chemical reactions that underlie diverse life forms. Begin by examining the relationship between the 3-D structure of proteins and their biological activity. Next, look at the mechanism of enzyme action, how enzymes recognize their substrates and enhance...extension.berkeley.edu
the latter is not self paced but the first one is. not sure what you need.
Thank you!!! I got an A in the lab so I don’t think I need to retake that. I’m going to check them out!Athabasca University offers it! There is usually an in-class lab that's held during the summer for a few days, but maybe they have an alternative to have the lab online now. I'd definitely check it out! It's in Canada though, so I'd check to see if you have to pay international fees
Thank you!!!! I will check there!I used ucberk extension for biochem. Just make sure the proctored final exam can be done at home (if there is one) with monitoring software because I was required to go to a proctoring location an i don't know if those are open
I received an OOS acceptance today! I’m so excited! Lots to think about.
Nlibio
Full Member
Congrats! What was your original number?I received an OOS acceptance today! I’m so excited! Lots to think about.
59Congrats! What was your original number?
Wow, congrats!! I'm #68, so this gives me some hope!!
Nlibio
Full Member
No way! I started at 60!
We’re super close!Wow, congrats!! I'm #68, so this gives me some hope!!
No way! I started at 60!
We’re super close!
You're next!! That's so exciting!
If you've been accepted recently and haven't joined the class facebook, please send me a private message and I will send you the link!
We also set up a class discord to keep in touch 🙂
We also set up a class discord to keep in touch 🙂
Has anyone heard of any updates on the waitlist?
Nlibio
Full Member
I got a response this morning. As of right now all spots are filled for the out of state candidates. I started at #60 and made it all the way to #1Has anyone heard of any updates on the waitlist?
I've heard some people holding onto multiple seat deposits specifically with MSU and another school while they make a decision so there is still a chance for you to get pulled off, I'm sure!I got a response this morning. As of right now all spots are filled for the out of state candidates. I started at #60 and made it all the way to #1
Nlibio
Full Member
Thanks, that’s good to know!I've heard some people holding onto multiple seat deposits specifically with MSU and another school while they make a decision so there is still a chance for you to get pulled off, I'm sure!
Staying hopeful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering if in-state is full as well?I got a response this morning. As of right now all spots are filled for the out of state candidates. I started at #60 and made it all the way to #1
As of Tuesday afternoon, I was #11 on the IS waitlist and I had been since April 15th. I have not emailed again to find out an update but I also have not heard if all the IS seats are full yet.I'm wondering if in-state is full as well?
For the OOS waitlist, did they send an email when the spots were all filled?
Last edited:
Trying to decide if I should email them again or not lol.As of Tuesday afternoon, I was #11 on the IS waitlist and I had been since April 15th. I have not emailed again to find out an update but I also have not heard if all the IS seats are full yet.
For the OOS waitlist, did they send an email when the spots were all filled?
Nlibio
Full Member
I think they only emailed me because I emailed them yesterday.For the OOS waitlist, did they send an email when the spots were all filled?
Trying to decide if I should email them again or not lol.![]()
I'm trying to not be too annoying and email them constantly but it's kind of consuming my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe once you're in the top 5 they send out updates. So I know I'm not there yet. I keep checking the class Facebook page and there are 87 people in it so either a lot of people don't have Facebook or don't know about the group or there are still quite a few IS spots open.
I'm trying to not be too annoying and email them constantly but it's kind of consuming my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe once you're in the top 5 they send out updates. So I know I'm not there yet. I keep checking the class Facebook page and there are 87 people in it so either a lot of people don't have Facebook or don't know about the group or there are still quite a few IS spots open.
Last year they sent an email stating the class was full. So since they haven’t sent an email saying that there is hope!
Also there is a mix of people from other classes in the Facebook group (not too many). We have shared the group on the Facebook pre-veterinary group and here so maybe some people just don’t have Facebook or are still figuring out where they want to attend.
Good luck everyone waiting!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Same! And I haven’t heard about the top 5 thing so I’m not sure on that. I haven’t emailed them since last week so maybe I’ll email again and ask if in state spots are filled?I'm trying to not be too annoying and email them constantly but it's kind of consuming my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe once you're in the top 5 they send out updates. So I know I'm not there yet. I keep checking the class Facebook page and there are 87 people in it so either a lot of people don't have Facebook or don't know about the group or there are still quite a few IS spots open.
Same! And I haven’t heard about the top 5 thing so I’m not sure on that. I haven’t emailed them since last week so maybe I’ll email again and ask if in state spots are filled?
I'm not sure where I heard that so it might not actually be a thing. Let me know what you find out if you do email them though! I'll probably wait until Monday just so I'm not emailing more than once a week.
What spot are you on the waitlist?
7!I'm not sure where I heard that so it might not actually be a thing. Let me know what you find out if you do email them though! I'll probably wait until Monday just so I'm not emailing more than once a week.
What spot are you on the waitlist?
Good luck! Hopefully we’ll be classmates in the fall!
I accepted my seat at MSU!
I accepted my seat at MSU!
An IS seat? Congrats! What was your initial waitlist spot?
I keep checking the class Facebook page and there are 87 people in it
This is not and won't be a good indicator of how many people have accepted seats. As far as I'm aware, even the class of 2023 group page doesn't even have as many members as are in the class.
Take a deep breath. Keep yourself busy and do things other than think about this. I was in your position last year and I know how tempting it is to keep checking on things, but this is ultimately out of your control. It's going to be fine, and if you don't get in this year you'll try again if this is what you're really meant to do. I wish you nothing but the best, please don't drive yourself crazy over this.
Yeah I know at least one person in our class who does not have Facebook, so checking group numbers is null.
OosAn IS seat? Congrats! What was your initial waitlist spot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I accepted my seat at MSU!
Congrats! Welcome! If you have a Facebook join us 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
agreed. Half of 2022 didn't join until orientation or later, and 5-10 still haven't joinedThis is not and won't be a good indicator of how many people have accepted seats. As far as I'm aware, even the class of 2023 group page doesn't even have as many members as are in the class.
Take a deep breath. Keep yourself busy and do things other than think about this. I was in your position last year and I know how tempting it is to keep checking on things, but this is ultimately out of your control. It's going to be fine, and if you don't get in this year you'll try again if this is what you're really meant to do. I wish you nothing but the best, please don't drive yourself crazy over this.
Nlibio
Full Member
Yea, I got the email. It’s very frustrating to get that email when you’re #1 on the waitlist :/I believe everyone on the waitlist would have received this email, but one of my friends had it go to their spam folder and didn’t see it, this was a status update regarding the class..
I have a really good feeling that at least one person who already accepted is going to leave their seat at some point during the summer, so I still think your chances are pretty good! Don't lose hope!Yea, I got the email. It’s very frustrating to get that email when you’re #1 on the waitlist :/
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K