You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Utah State University c/o 2030 hopefuls
Started by Megan Upton
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
leafygreencow
Full Member
OOS rejection by email. Ouch.
fingermonkey
Full Member
You got an email today?OOS rejection by email. Ouch.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glasses228
Full Member
Some rejections went out today. Other people haven't yet received any communications -- Kira, interview, or otherwiseYou got an email today?
thunder27104
Full Member
Someone on Facebook is saying they have received an interview invite
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
I saw that and now I’m stressed lol. I feel Iike not getting the Kira is a really bad sign but why wouldn't they have just rejected us then??Someone on Facebook is saying they have received an interview invite
purrlywhites
Full Member
I got an interview invite for Dec 10!
ilovebagels1234
Full Member
anyone else still hasn’t received any form of communication from the school at all since applying ?
fantasy_capybara
New Member
Are you IS or OOS? Just trying to get an idea as to the method to their madness when it comes to sending out interview invites/rejections. Also did you do Kira?I got an interview invite for Dec 10!
Last edited:
fantasy_capybara
New Member
Complete and utter silence.anyone else still hasn’t received any form of communication from the school at all since applying ?
fingermonkey
Full Member
Sameanyone else still hasn’t received any form of communication from the school at all since applying ?
purrlywhites
Full Member
I’m OOS. I did Kira on Oct 27 so I’m probably one of the earlier ones for that reason. Submitted my app in late August.Are you IS or OOS? Just trying to get an idea as to the method to their madness when it comes to sending out interview invites/rejections. Also did you do Kira?
Last edited:
fantasy_capybara
New Member
did you also Kira test?Received an interview invitation via email. IS applicant.
purin00
USU CVM c/o 2030
Yes, I was sent a Kira talent link with a deadline of 03 November.did you also Kira test?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheShepherdsKeep
NCSU CVM '30
When did you submit your Kira? I submitted mines on the 3rd.Yes, I was sent a Kira talent link with a deadline of 03 November.
purin00
USU CVM c/o 2030
I submitted on the 1st, my invitation came in on 27 October but I did not have time to respond until the weekend.When did you submit your Kira? I submitted mines on the 3rd.
Bluebird1522
New Member
Do you think they will send out more invites or do you think they have sent all of them out already?
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
For my own sanity I’m choosing to believe that there are more Kira and interview invites to be sent out but I really don't know. The lack of communication from the school is a little frustrating!Do you think they will send out more invites or do you think they have sent all of them out already?
TheShepherdsKeep
NCSU CVM '30
I hope they send out more invites since it didnt look like much people got invites. Maybe next week!Do you think they will send out more invites or do you think they have sent all of them out already?
t_lindsay
Full Member
Last cycle, they sent them out in waves, so I am assuming soDo you think they will send out more invites or do you think they have sent all of them out already?
Megan Upton
Full Member
For those wondering about info from the school please indicate whether you are IS or OOS and I will see if there is something that can be looked into for you. I am not making promises but I will ask around!
t_lindsay
Full Member
I am an OOS applicant who has not heard anythingFor those wondering about info from the school please indicate whether you are IS or OOS and I will see if there is something that can be looked into for you. I am not making promises but I will ask around!
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Also OOS and haven’t heard anything. Thanks so much!!For those wondering about info from the school please indicate whether you are IS or OOS and I will see if there is something that can be looked into for you. I am not making promises but I will ask around!
Megan Upton
Full Member
I have inquired about the lack of communication. Try reaching out again and see if there is any response. I will check back in a couple weeks from now after exams about communication specifically if OOS has not heard back about any inquiries that have been made from the emails sent. In the meantime if you have questions you can feel free to message me privately.
purrlywhites
Full Member
Do you know what type of interview we will have?I have inquired about the lack of communication. Try reaching out again and see if there is any response. I will check back in a couple weeks from now after exams about communication specifically if OOS has not heard back about any inquiries that have been made from the emails sent. In the meantime if you have questions you can feel free to message me privately.
thunder27104
Full Member
Those who have an interview when is it? And what state are you from!
Megan Upton
Full Member
I’m not sure yet. Everyone is on thanksgiving break this week so I will ask Monday morning and see if it is something I can release information on for sure! I know anxieties are running high but try to enjoy your Thanksgiving week, whoever interviews you is honestly the best I promise! We really do have the best faculty and staff to conduct them!Do you know what type of interview we will have?
purrlywhites
Full Member
Just wondering if you have updates! I emailed Ryan last week since he’s been my go-to for questions but no response yet. I assume it’s not MMI because the time slot is only 20 minutesI’m not sure yet. Everyone is on thanksgiving break this week so I will ask Monday morning and see if it is something I can release information on for sure! I know anxieties are running high but try to enjoy your Thanksgiving week, whoever interviews you is honestly the best I promise! We really do have the best faculty and staff to conduct them!
Megan Upton
Full Member
Sorry it took so long! It will be panel style with 2 or 3 interviewers.Just wondering if you have updates! I emailed Ryan last week since he’s been my go-to for questions but no response yet. I assume it’s not MMI because the time slot is only 20 minutes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else still in radio silence? Getting anxious waiting in this silence.
I haven’t heard or received anything since submitting on VMCAS.Anyone else still in radio silence? Getting anxious waiting in this silence.
rugbyshasta
Full Member
Radio silence! So glad there are others here to commiserate with.Anyone else still in radio silence? Getting anxious waiting in this silence.
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Same here!Radio silence! So glad there are others here to commiserate with.
SungusCashMungus
Full Member
Still haven't heard anything yet, but holding out hope for another round of interview invites!
purrlywhites
Full Member
Good luck to interviews on Wednesday! I wanted to see if the pool thing is true.. Are most of us interviewing Wednesday from Nevada? I’ve heard only of 2 so far and me
Megan Upton
Full Member
Lots of interviews happening this week, so I want to wish all of you luck and hope to meet you in August for orientation! It’s finals week but if there’s anything you need or have any questions about the program, the school, or anything just post it or send me a PM!
Yall are killing it! Don’t be nervous, you got this!
Yall are killing it! Don’t be nervous, you got this!
purin00
USU CVM c/o 2030
I haven’t heard anything about interviews being pooled, though I am curious about it. I do know that myself (IS) and 3 other IS applicants are all being interviewed throughout next week. Good luck to you tomorrow!Good luck to interviews on Wednesday! I wanted to see if the pool thing is true.. Are most of us interviewing Wednesday from Nevada? I’ve heard only of 2 so far and me
fingermonkey
Full Member
So if we haven’t heard anything at all, does this mean we should expect a rejection at this point ?
purpleeventer
UMN CVM c/o 2030
Wondering the same thing! I saw a FB comment where someone said they emailed admissions and was basically told they hadn't gotten to their application yet and that more interviews/KIRA invites would go out, but it feels awfully late in the cycle for that...So if we haven’t heard anything at all, does this mean we should expect a rejection at this point ?
Just making sure that whenever we do hear from them, it’s going to be via email and not somewhere else?I sent an email to admissions asking for an update, and was just told
"Thank you for verifying! Your application was received and appears to be in “verified” status. We are currently processing applications and will provide any updates as soon as we can."
does anyone know when we should hear back after an interview?
purrlywhites
Full Member
I believe decisions come out in Februarydoes anyone know when we should hear back after an interview?
thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Megan Upton
Full Member
Hey yall! So I know the big questions lately are decisions and interviews… definitive date on decisions have not been disclosed. TBH they probably haven’t gotten that far since theyre deep in interviews right now. If you haven’t heard anything back past the Kira stage by now I would say give it a week and reach out. Don’t count yourself out until you get the email! If there are last minute questions on interviews PLEASE ASK ☺️ I promise there is no dumb questions. I’ve heard them all and asked probably half of them. I wish yall luck and BE CONFIDENT!
Glasses228
Full Member
Thanks for all your help/updates! Do you know if those of us who haven’t heard anything at all are still potentially being considered? I assumed not receiving a Kira invite was a soft rejection, but then some real rejections went out too, and it sounds like a lot of us are still in limbo.Hey yall! So I know the big questions lately are decisions and interviews… definitive date on decisions have not been disclosed. TBH they probably haven’t gotten that far since theyre deep in interviews right now. If you haven’t heard anything back past the Kira stage by now I would say give it a week and reach out. Don’t count yourself out until you get the email! If there are last minute questions on interviews PLEASE ASK ☺️ I promise there is no dumb questions. I’ve heard them all and asked probably half of them. I wish yall luck and BE CONFIDENT!
Megan Upton
Full Member
Some applications are still being looked at I do know that so I wouldn’t count yourself out quite yet! There was a bigger number than last year so it will take a bit longer than it did last time. The ones in limbo could still be having your application reviewed. I know it sounds late in the cycle for it but after having a conversation I promise it takes more time than we realize. A big chunk of interviews this weekend will help with moving things along a little more and hopefully you’ll see some progress within the next week!Thanks for all your help/updates! Do you know if those of us who haven’t heard anything at all are still potentially being considered? I assumed not receiving a Kira invite was a soft rejection, but then some real rejections went out too, and it sounds like a lot of us are still in limbo.
Vytis
Full Member
I hope my application is still being considering. Being stuck in limbo is anxiety inducing especially when I submitted my application very early. Should I consider emailing admissions for clarifications regarding having Kira and interviews so late?Hey yall! So I know the big questions lately are decisions and interviews… definitive date on decisions have not been disclosed. TBH they probably haven’t gotten that far since theyre deep in interviews right now. If you haven’t heard anything back past the Kira stage by now I would say give it a week and reach out. Don’t count yourself out until you get the email! If there are last minute questions on interviews PLEASE ASK ☺️ I promise there is no dumb questions. I’ve heard them all and asked probably half of them. I wish yall luck and BE CONFIDENT!
Megan Upton
Full Member
I think wait until after Monday if you do. It will give them time to finish the busy weekend they have.I hope my application is still being considering. Being stuck in limbo is anxiety inducing especially when I submitted my application very early. Should I consider emailing admissions for clarifications regarding having Kira and interviews so late?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K