You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Utah State University c/o 2030 hopefuls
Started by Megan Upton
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! on Utah's website it states there is a supplemental fee that opened in July, does anyone know where
I could find it? I already turned in my VMCAs application and it has been verified. I just don't want to miss any deadlines or application material. Thanks!
I could find it? I already turned in my VMCAs application and it has been verified. I just don't want to miss any deadlines or application material. Thanks!
I think they might be talking about just the program questions directly through VMCAS, it says its a $0 fee and July is when the program was added to VMCASHi! on Utah's website it states there is a supplemental fee that opened in July, does anyone know where
I could find it? I already turned in my VMCAs application and it has been verified. I just don't want to miss any deadlines or application material. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purrlywhites
Full Member
There is a $55 application fee once you get accepted so that you can move to another portal or something, but not for all applicantsHi! on Utah's website it states there is a supplemental fee that opened in July, does anyone know where
I could find it? I already turned in my VMCAs application and it has been verified. I just don't want to miss any deadlines or application material. Thanks!
ooo that makes sense, okay thank you both so much!!
Megan Upton
Full Member
Currently my second attempt at applying to vet school. Interested in Utah after hearing about it. Anybody have any experience how on campus housing is like?
We don’t have any student housing for vet students unfortunately. Many of my classmates have roommates at apartments or townhouses. All campus housing is pretty much undergrad.
Bluebird1522
New Member
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats that got you in? and how is the program so far ?Hi I’m Megan and I’m currently in the inaugural class of 2029 here at USU. Here is a thread for applicants for the new VMCAS cycle. If there are ever any questions please ask and I will try to answer them. You got this!!
Megan Upton
Full Member
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats that got you in? and how is the program so far ?
CGPA: [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]].[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]]]
Hours overall: [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]~ between ER, small/exotic GP, small GP, LA, and zoo
Military background leadership
I LOVE the program! Honestly the professors are so helpful and accommodating. They really want to see us succeed and thrive. There are so many opportunities that you wouldn’t think would be in Utah. We have many board certified specialists for professors that are excellent to learn from. I’m going zoo med and have many opportunities here. It’s also great for large, ag, ER, and small/shelter. If you can name it there’s probably a club that covers it too. If you have anything specific you want to ask go for it!
No I haven’t heard anything. I also don’t know what other threads there are because this one doesn’t seem to have many people on it communicating. I’ve not heard anything since I applied in August.Has anyone heard from them?
rugbyshasta
Full Member
I also haven't heard anything. The admissions officer I spoke with in August thought it would be several weeks before they got everything from VMCAS (like October) and then they would start reviewing for invitations to complete their Kira supplemental assessment. I was kind of expecting now-ish to be when people might start hearing, but it still could be another month or so. They didn't expect to get to interviews until December/January. Since it's their first year on VMCAS, I'd imagine they are working out the kinks in the system this year.
purrlywhites
Full Member
Just got invited to do the Kira assessment and have until Nov 3!
HebBrig
Full Member
I also just received the Kira Assessment link.Just got invited to do the Kira assessment and have until Nov 3!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheShepherdsKeep
NCSU CVM '30
I got a link too yay!
fingermonkey
Full Member
Are you guys OOS or IS?I got a link too yay!
thunder27104
Full Member
How are we preparing for the Kira assessment is it like the Casper?
purrlywhites
Full Member
I’d say it’s like Casper with possibly some more personal questions too. Last year they also had a short essay at the end so one typed response, if it’s the sameHow are we preparing for the Kira assessment is it like the Casper?
thunder27104
Full Member
Yes through emailThose that have received an invitation to the Kira talent, was it through your email or where? Thank you!
Thank you! When did you apply?Yes through email
purrlywhites
Full Member
For those who received a Kira talent assessment, approximately when did you apply, and are you an IS or OOS candidate?
OOS Nevadan, I applied late AugustAre you guys OOS or IS?
I received one this afternoon as well and am an OOS. I submitted my application September 14!
TheShepherdsKeep
NCSU CVM '30
OOS as well
fingermonkey
Full Member
Do you think they will be sending more Kira talent invites later on ?
thunder27104
Full Member
I applied in late August and am out of stateThank you! When did you apply?
thunder27104
Full Member
Would you say it’s a mixture of judgement base questions vs personal interview questions?I’d say it’s like Casper with possibly some more personal questions too. Last year they also had a short essay at the end so one typed response, if it’s the same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purin00
USU CVM c/o 2030
IS, applied 10 SeptemberFor those who received a Kira talent assessment, approximately when did you apply, and are you an IS or OOS candidate?
Bluebird1522
New Member
IS and I applied September 4th.For those who received a Kira talent assessment, approximately when did you apply, and are you an IS or OOS candidate?
t_lindsay
Full Member
From what I found for the previous class (granted, this was the first class and was different) they released Kira talent invites in "waves" kinda. Some kids just got Kira talent invites, while others were getting acceptedDo you think they will be sending more Kira talent invites later on ?
thunder27104
Full Member
Hi there! Was the Kira assessment more personal such as regular interview questions or situational judgement based like the Casper?Idaho OOS, applied September 10th. 3.9 GPA, 14 credit load avg, 10hrs work/week during undergrad, 1500 Vet hours, 2500 animal hours, 9000 volunteer hours, 60 hrs research, 1000hrs extracurricular. Hopefully this helps, ask me for anything and I'll share.
JuiceBirb_1999
Full Member
When USU opened their application in the end of March their Kira Talent was pretty similar to Casper, mostly situational.Hi there! Was the Kira assessment more personal such as regular interview questions or situational judgement based like the Casper?
Anyways, good luck! I'm OOS and I haven't gotten anything yet so I'm trying not to get my hopes up (my stats are pretty average). I visited USU in the spring and it's a beautiful campus. Logan is a very nice college town. Lots to do and the people are very friendly!
Last edited:
HebBrig
Full Member
SituationalHi there! Was the Kira assessment more personal such as regular interview questions or situational judgement based like the Casper?
ilovebagels1234
Full Member
I’m OOS and I’m just wondering if there’s supposed to be a portal or like a confirmation email about ur application. I haven’t heard a single thing since I submitted my application
Megan Upton
Full Member
Hi! So happy you got invited to Kira talent, however sharing the questions asked is against policy I’m afraid.When USU opened their application in the end of March their Kira Talent was pretty similar to Casper. I remember them asking me what I would do if I had a lab partner that wasn't pulling their weight. The other one I'll never forget was what I would do as a vet if the owner wanted to euthanize and signed/paid for the service and left and one of my colleagues ran diagnostics behind my back and found out the animal could be cured. That threw me off guard lol. Then there was a written prompt in the end.
Anyways, good luck! I'm OOS and I haven't gotten anything yet so I'm trying not to get my hopes up (my stats are pretty average). I visited USU in the spring and it's a beautiful campus. Logan is a very nice college town. Lots to do and the people are very friendly!
JuiceBirb_1999
Full Member
I deleted that portion. I didn't know, sorry! I was just trying to be helpful. I didn't get a kira talent invite either...Everyone who had their LORs submitted in the spring got to do it.Hi! So happy you got invited to Kira talent, however sharing the questions asked is against policy I’m afraid.
Last edited:
Megan Upton
Full Member
Apologies, read it as you did. Here’s to you getting this year if that’s what you want! You got this!! And no worries at all, if there is any questions you have about the program I’d love to answer for you.I deleted that portion. I didn't know, sorry. I was just trying to be helpful. I didn't get a kira talent invite either. Everyone who had their LORs submitted in the spring got to do it.
TheShepherdsKeep
NCSU CVM '30
Hey everyone 😃 , how are you guys feeling after your Kira? When do you think we should hear back if we got an interview?

Bluebird1522
New Member
I feel alright after it, some of those questions were definitely interesting. Hopefully we hear back soon!Hey everyone 😃 , how are you guys feeling after your Kira? When do you think we should hear back if we go
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thunder27104
Full Member
I heard they sent it out in waves last timeDo you think they have sent out all of the Kira Talent assessments to all the applicants they wanted to? Surely they just sent out a group and are going to send out more. I haven’t heard anything from them since applying.
TheShepherdsKeep
NCSU CVM '30
According to their admissions site, interviews will be held in December and early Jan. It's possible that they could send another wave of KIRA invites unless they did that already and are reviewing KIRA now for interview invites.
pepperdemon
New Member
I also haven't heard a single thing from them. No application confirmation, no kira link, no anything. I'm wondering if I'll even recieve a formal rejection letter at this point 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K