Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if cabs are that expensive, then I guess i'll rent a car. If you use the corporate code that Midwestern gives for enterprise rent-a-car the grand total (including all the taxes and fees) it comes out to be $50. You could try other places but they usually tack on hefty fees for young drivers between 21-24. It seems that the corporate code waives the young driver fee. Of course if you under 21, that just sucks, no drinking or driving (separately) for you.
I'm sure Phoenix is a lot safer than the places I've lived, but I still feel wary taking public transportation/wandering around at night.
Unfortunately, my schedule works out so that I won't be in Az for more than 24 hours, but I would love suggestions on local places to grab a snack/small bite the night before (i've never been to the southwest before and love trying new things🙂).
Ohhh yeah, I forgot about the young driver fees. Mine was waived due to my military affiliation, but you're right, they're usually an additional $20 or so.

Just one more week! (hopefully)