Midwestern CPG (Glendale, AZ) Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXsocal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see a thread for the class of 2013, so here it is. Who is applying to this school? If you submitted your application, has Midwestern sent their supplemental apps to you yet? I submitted two weeks ago and my PharmCAS app was mailed last Monday. I haven't heard anything from Midwestern. Anybody?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to both campuses. I received Chicago's first and Glendale's three days ago. So you would will get one.

I applied to both campuses. I received Chicago's first and Glendale's three days ago. So you would will get one.

Haha, well obviously everybody's going to get one. Could you tell me when you submitted your PharmCAS and when it was mailed to Midwestern? I'm just trying to see if there was a pattern in timing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, well obviously everybody's going to get one. Could you tell me when you submitted your PharmCAS and when it was mailed to Midwestern? I'm just trying to see if there was a pattern in timing.

LOL, my bad. I was using my cell when I typed the first message. I don't try to be as detailed when using it. Anyways, I submitted on pharmcas on July 6th, pharmcas mailed it on July 27th, and I recieved the supplemental application on Aug 12th.

has any one received an interview invitation yet? i submitted my supp app on monday, and i am wondering how long approx it takes to get an interview.

I submitted last week but nothing yet. I hope we get invited in September :)

Seriously, my friend sent his secondary apps to U of A for med school, two days later he gets an interview. So not cool, anyway what are you stats.

Is it true that if apply to Midwestern of Glendale, i can't apply to the one in Illinois? Or I can apply to both.

Is it true that if apply to Midwestern of Glendale, i can't apply to the one in Illinois? Or I can apply to both.

Um no. You can apply to both schools if you want.

I didn't know this school had a early decision program?

I didn't know this school had a early decision program?

it doesn't, Midwestern is rolling admissions so the sooner you get in you app the more likely you get in.

really Midwestern in Glendale has rolling admission, it sounds confusedly. Can anyone confirm about this ?

Hi guys, I just wonder if there is any essay portion in supp application for both schools. If so can you send PM to me pls.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, they have 2 essays. Rolling admissions means they dont look at all of the applications at the same time. So the sooner you get in your application the better. Other schools wait until all the apps are in then decide.

Last year, interview invites were sent out by the second week of September. I hope it's the same for this year! Just 1-2 weeks away...

any one get an interview invite yet? I am getting nervous i really want an early one.

Nope. I'm still waiting patiently ):

Luke, why don't you call Midtwestern CPG and ask them if they've started viewing applications and whether they will be sending out interviews soon. LOL (I'm too shy to call)

Last edited:
Nope. I'm still waiting patiently ):

Luke, why don't you call Midtwestern CPG and ask them if they've started viewing applications and whether they will be sending out interviews soon. LOL (I'm too shy to call)

I did call them last week and they told me that they would be issuing interviews soon, and that the first interview date was oct 2. Its getting mighty close to that date so I am getting nervous. I really want to get the first date. I only assumed that they would issue interviews more than 2 weeks out cause were getting to were we might have only 2-3 weeks to prepare and get ready. But what do I know, I am not an admissions so I have to patiently wait :(

Oh the first interview day is October 2nd? Damn, that's close! Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has an interview invite yet.....or at least nobody has admitted to receiving one yet. IMO, I think interview invites will be sent out as soon as this Saturday but mainly next week. From last year's cycle, the first interview invitations were sent on September 13 ,weeks prior to the first interview on October 23! If this year is anything like last year....invites will come out this Saturday for October interviews. Keep updated!

Last edited:
Oh the first interview day is October 2nd? Damn, that's close! Yeah, I'm surprised nobody has an interview invite yet.....or at least nobody has admitted to receiving one yet. IMO, I think interview invites will be sent out as soon as this Saturday but mainly next week. From last year's cycle, the first interview invitations were sent on September 13 ,weeks prior to the first interview on October 23! If this year is anything like last year....invites will come out this Saturday for October interviews. Keep updated!

This Saturday? aren't they closed on the weekends? If they don't send it out this week by Friday I don't think it will be till next week. However, it doesn't give us much time to get ready.

This Saturday? aren't they closed on the weekends? If they don't send it out this week by Friday I don't think it will be till next week. However, it doesn't give us much time to get ready.

Well an SDN poster said he/she received the interview invite on September 13th, which was a Saturday in 2008. I don't care what day of the week the send it.....as long as they send it :xf:. HA!

Scratch that. I got Glendale confused with Chicago =X

Last edited:
Does anyone know all of the interview dates? Reading on here, one person said the first was Oct 2 and another said Oct 23? Does anyone know of any other dates? Thanks! :)

Does anyone know all of the interview dates? Reading on here, one person said the first was Oct 2 and another said Oct 23? Does anyone know of any other dates? Thanks! :)

oct 2 is what they told me for frist interview, oct 23 was last years date. You will have to call them for other dates that they will have. Their nice so they will tell you.

OMG I got an interview for there first date. Oct 2 here I come o man this really made my day and i am really happy now

sweet. i just checked and i got mine too!

im pretty excited also. congrats to you, luke. ill see ya there

did they mail your the invitation or wat?

My friend just got an email with an invite this morning from Chicago.

So, that must mean they've been/are sending them out. Good luck, guys! ;)

I got one for Chicago too. Their first interview is the 30th, on a Wednesday.

see you all on October 2nd. LOL

cheeseboy, you going to fly? how bout the rest of you people.

Last edited:
So they won't review my application until my PCAT score is received? And hence i won't be getting any invitation any time soon?

fujitsux - yeah im not positive but i dont think they will look at your file until the pcats are in.

rxsocal - i'm gonna make the drive through the desert with my honda civic. hopefully it doesnt overheat and die. mapquest says its only ~5.5 hours so it shouldnt be too bad.

I received an interview invite as well. Oct 2nd! Does anyone know if Glendale does group interviews and writing sample? I received an invite from the Chicago campus and their email was a lot more specific, and I know that they do group interviews and writing samples.

I received an interview invite as well. Oct 2nd! Does anyone know if Glendale does group interviews and writing sample? I received an invite from the Chicago campus and their email was a lot more specific, and I know that they do group interviews and writing samples.

yah it is group interviews, not sure about the writing samples though. For me though i live in phoenix so i have a 30 minute drive to the campus.

Congratulations to everyone who have received an interview invitation on Oct. 2! Hope to see you all bright and early at 7:30 am!

To arcticrevolver:
It was a group interview last year... you interview w/ 2 other ppl (total of 3). However the ratio would be kind of like a 1:1 since there would also be 3 interviewers interviewing all of you. For the Glendale campus, there is no writing sample. Hope this helps ^^.

Congratulations to everyone who have received an interview invitation on Oct. 2! Hope to see you all bright and early at 7:30 am!

To arcticrevolver:
It was a group interview last year... you interview w/ 2 other ppl (total of 3). However the ratio would be kind of like a 1:1 since there would also be 3 interviewers interviewing all of you. For the Glendale campus, there is no writing sample. Hope this helps ^^.

Thanks for the helpful info. I'm trying to make sure because the e-mail CPG sent said "personal interview," instead of the "group interview" that Chicago's e-mail had. I'm assuming its probably a group interview except they mean personal as in face-to-face.

Dang, I'm curious how many people will show up for the October 2nd interview and I wonder how many of those people will actually be accepted. :xf: Can't wait!

The class size is pretty good....about 130-140.
But....how many people were INTERVIEWED last year? Anybody know the answer?

Pharmcas says 311 interviewed last year, but who knows.

Do we get any advantage for being the first group to be interviewed, since it is rolling?

Im wondering the same thing cheeseboy. I have my interview on october 2nd as well. Yesterday I booked my flight and hotel reservation. Ill be at the comfort inn approx 4 miles from campus with shuttle service. Hope to see some of you there. Im arriving on thursday evening if anyone wants to meet up and do some mock interviews lol.

Pharmcas says 311 interviewed last year, but who knows.

Do we get any advantage for being the first group to be interviewed, since it is rolling?

I was told by an intern i work with that at each interview they normall have about 10 people, and that 2-3 people get accepted. I dont know if it is true but thats what i hear. She also said that however if they really like a group they will let more in. Also i have heard from poeple at midwestern that said the earlier you apply the better chance you have of getting in. However, i have also heard the opposite from students so i dont know.

I was told by an intern i work with that at each interview they normall have about 10 people, and that 2-3 people get accepted. I dont know if it is true but thats what i hear. She also said that however if they really like a group they will let more in. Also i have heard from poeple at midwestern that said the earlier you apply the better chance you have of getting in. However, i have also heard the opposite from students so i dont know.

hmm.. if thats the case then i hope pharmcas is right cause it said out of the 311 interviewed, 210 got accepted, which would mean we already have roughly a 2/3 shot?

or is that too optimistic?

hmm.. if thats the case then i hope pharmcas is right cause it said out of the 311 interviewed, 210 got accepted, which would mean we already have roughly a 2/3 shot?

or is that too optimistic?

I am hopeing not cause i really want to get in. On pharmapps.com it says you have already got an interview? is that correct or the only way it can say even for future interviews. Cause i thought that oct 2 was the frist date but the intern told me that she thought they already had an interview date for pharmacy.

I am hopeing not cause i really want to get in. On pharmapps.com it says you have already got an interview? is that correct or the only way it can say even for future interviews. Cause i thought that oct 2 was the frist date but the intern told me that she thought they already had an interview date for pharmacy.

nah im interviewing on oct 2nd like the rest of us

I am almost certain that the first interview date for glendale is 10/02 and downers grove is 9/30.

Who's going to both? :D

nah im interviewing on oct 2nd like the rest of us

does anyone know if there is only ten at a time or is it more? Its what i heard i want to know if anyone has heard anything different or if the experienced differently in a past interview with Midwestern.

I read somewhere that its about 12 at a time. They grouped the students into 3 and had about 4 different interview groups.

only 12 people huh... i think we have 5-6 of them already confirmed here on sdn haha

we should put our sdn name on our nametags

getting more excited as the date approaches!