Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Hello All,
So I completed my application on 6/29 and I got an email saying my application was under review, but it has been a few weeks and my AADSAS status still says "none". Should I email them or ignore it and just pay attention to the email communications they send me?

Thanks and good luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,
So I completed my application on 6/29 and I got an email saying my application was under review, but it has been a few weeks and my AADSAS status still says "none". Should I email them or ignore it and just pay attention to the email communications they send me?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

I would suggest writing an email to them asking them if they need anything else and thanking them for the opportunity.
 
Ok so I emailed the admissions office and I just wanted to share what they said in case anyone has the same question/concerns that I did about status updates!

Basically they told me that they do not update the AADSAS and that all communication is done through email with regards to status updates.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all!
 
Where did you see MWU-AZ sent out interview invites? I believe UConn, Iowa, and LECOM are the only schools that have sent them out
I thought someone on the FB page mentioned something about MWU-AZ interviews but I could be mistaking it for the people mentioned their waitlist for an interview email
 
I thought someone on the FB page mentioned something about MWU-AZ interviews but I could be mistaking it for the people mentioned their waitlist for an interview email
Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.
 
Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.
Here’s the MWU-AZ Class of 2025 SDN thread. Someone mentioned getting waitlisted for an interview.

 
Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.

That is reassuring! As I was someone who got waitlisted. lol
I still haven't heard anything back from them and I'd probably not expect to until later in the year.
Hopefully, others get actual interviews soon -- all this waiting is making me nervous haha

Good luck Y'all
 
Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.
Its the Dental School Admissions Bootcamp page!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools? Especially midwestern
 
So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools? Especially midwestern
No one knows your chances
 
So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools? Especially midwestern
Post it on WAMC thread to get feedbacks!
 
How did you guys answer the first question of the supplementary app? It's so basic but I'm not sure what exactly to say. I'm a Biology major btw

"How has your major course of study prepared you for a career in dentistry?"
 
How did you guys answer the first question of the supplementary app? It's so basic but I'm not sure what exactly to say. I'm a Biology major btw

"How has your major course of study prepared you for a career in dentistry?"

I have a masters physiology and biophysics so I talked about how that program taught me certain time management skills along with effective study habits. We also had “team based learning”which is a method used in dental schools as well! Hope I provided some insight! Good luck everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: 9/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/9
GPA (science, overall):3.73, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21
Interview date: 9/29
Method of interview: Virtual
 
For all the people that interviewed today, hope it went well for ya. Can you share with us how the interview was and what kind of quesfions you guys were asked?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least you don't have to wait months for a response now... but seriously I wish you receive interviews from other schools!
Still a bit sad. I'm thinking about retaking the DAT.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.34.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.34.41 PM.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 718
Still a bit sad. I'm thinking about retaking the DAT.
before you make any major decisions please create a thread to ask for advice, people here are extremely helpful! I’m really eager to help you and I know that you want to become a dentist as much as anyone else here. Feel free to pm me!!
 
Last edited: