Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just finished their secondary questions. Good luck!

Hello All,
So I completed my application on 6/29 and I got an email saying my application was under review, but it has been a few weeks and my AADSAS status still says "none". Should I email them or ignore it and just pay attention to the email communications they send me?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All,
So I completed my application on 6/29 and I got an email saying my application was under review, but it has been a few weeks and my AADSAS status still says "none". Should I email them or ignore it and just pay attention to the email communications they send me?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

I would suggest writing an email to them asking them if they need anything else and thanking them for the opportunity.

Ok so I emailed the admissions office and I just wanted to share what they said in case anyone has the same question/concerns that I did about status updates!

Basically they told me that they do not update the AADSAS and that all communication is done through email with regards to status updates.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! I know MWU-AZ sent out some interview invites but has anyone gotten an interview invite from the IL campus?

I have not gotten anything yet. Good luck !

Hi guys! I know MWU-AZ sent out some interview invites but has anyone gotten an interview invite from the IL campus?
Where did you see MWU-AZ sent out interview invites? I believe UConn, Iowa, and LECOM are the only schools that have sent them out

Reactions: 2 users
Where did you see MWU-AZ sent out interview invites? I believe UConn, Iowa, and LECOM are the only schools that have sent them out
I thought someone on the FB page mentioned something about MWU-AZ interviews but I could be mistaking it for the people mentioned their waitlist for an interview email

I thought someone on the FB page mentioned something about MWU-AZ interviews but I could be mistaking it for the people mentioned their waitlist for an interview email
Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.

Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.
Here’s the MWU-AZ Class of 2025 SDN thread. Someone mentioned getting waitlisted for an interview.

Reactions: 3 users

That is reassuring! As I was someone who got waitlisted. lol
I still haven't heard anything back from them and I'd probably not expect to until later in the year.
Hopefully, others get actual interviews soon -- all this waiting is making me nervous haha

Good luck Y'all

Its the Dental School Admissions Bootcamp page!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office a few days ago to check my app status. They told me it was under review still. Looks like we're gonna have to keep waiting, but hopefully not for too much longer!

I just finished their secondary a couple days ago! We expect the best! Hopefully, we all get in!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools? Especially midwestern

So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools? Especially midwestern
No one knows your chances

Post it on WAMC thread to get feedbacks!

How did you guys answer the first question of the supplementary app? It's so basic but I'm not sure what exactly to say. I'm a Biology major btw

"How has your major course of study prepared you for a career in dentistry?"

How did you guys answer the first question of the supplementary app? It's so basic but I'm not sure what exactly to say. I'm a Biology major btw

whats your major?

I have a masters physiology and biophysics so I talked about how that program taught me certain time management skills along with effective study habits. We also had “team based learning”which is a method used in dental schools as well! Hope I provided some insight! Good luck everyone!

I received an invitation to interview today....although I will be declining as I was accepted into another program from the last application cycle for the class of 2024....I was originally waitlisted at MWU-IL last cycle and enjoyed my time interviewing and on campus. Best of luck to this year's applicants!

I received an invitation to interview today....although I will be declining as I was accepted into another program from the last application cycle for the class of 2024....I was originally waitlisted at MWU-IL last cycle and enjoyed my time interviewing and on campus. Best of luck to this year's applicants!
What are your stats?

Receive an interview at this school. It was an awesome school last cycle when I took a tour. Good luck guys

Receive an interview at this school. It was an awesome school last cycle when I took a tour. Good luck guys
Congratulations,
do you mind sharing your stats? and how did you were invited through email or portal?

Interview #2
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: 9/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/9
GPA (science, overall):3.73, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21
Interview date: 9/29
Method of interview: Virtual

No invite here too, but the best question to ask here how many invites do they send each year? How many seats are reserved for international and Master’s students?

Reactions: 2 users
Were you guys waitlisted as well?
Yea waitlisted. I know they send interviews out from now until probably June of next year. There’s still ALOT time so I’m not sweating it.

For all the people that interviewed today, hope it went well for ya. Can you share with us how the interview was and what kind of quesfions you guys were asked?

Got a rejection email today. Good Luck!

• Sad
They did not say in the email. But I wasn't as competitive. 3.34 GPA DAT AA 19

They did not say in the email. But I wasn't as competitive. 3.34 GPA DAT AA 19
At least you don't have to wait months for a response now... but seriously I wish you receive interviews from other schools!

At least you don't have to wait months for a response now... but seriously I wish you receive interviews from other schools!
Still a bit sad. I'm thinking about retaking the DAT.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.34.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.34.41 PM.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 473
  • Sad
Still a bit sad. I'm thinking about retaking the DAT.
before you make any major decisions please create a thread to ask for advice, people here are extremely helpful! I’m really eager to help you and I know that you want to become a dentist as much as anyone else here. Feel free to pm me!!

Last edited: