• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Dentist_T

May 4, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello All,
So I completed my application on 6/29 and I got an email saying my application was under review, but it has been a few weeks and my AADSAS status still says "none". Should I email them or ignore it and just pay attention to the email communications they send me?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Upvote 0
About the Ads

Bigboy91

2+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hello All,
So I completed my application on 6/29 and I got an email saying my application was under review, but it has been a few weeks and my AADSAS status still says "none". Should I email them or ignore it and just pay attention to the email communications they send me?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

I would suggest writing an email to them asking them if they need anything else and thanking them for the opportunity.

Upvote 0

Dentist_T

May 4, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Ok so I emailed the admissions office and I just wanted to share what they said in case anyone has the same question/concerns that I did about status updates!

Basically they told me that they do not update the AADSAS and that all communication is done through email with regards to status updates.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

FutureD25

Jan 26, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
I thought someone on the FB page mentioned something about MWU-AZ interviews but I could be mistaking it for the people mentioned their waitlist for an interview email
Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.

Upvote 0

smiles246

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
Got it. What Facebook page are you referring to? I know MWU-AZ sends a lot of waitlist for interviews because they receive so many applications, but they will often give those people an interview later and accept them even a few days after that.
Here’s the MWU-AZ Class of 2025 SDN thread. Someone mentioned getting waitlisted for an interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Dentist_T

May 4, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental

That is reassuring! As I was someone who got waitlisted. lol
I still haven't heard anything back from them and I'd probably not expect to until later in the year.
Hopefully, others get actual interviews soon -- all this waiting is making me nervous haha

Good luck Y'all

Upvote 0
About the Ads

dental627

Jun 14, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools? Especially midwestern

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2019
So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools? Especially midwestern
No one knows your chances

Upvote 0

Dr.Deadpool97

Jul 22, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
Post it on WAMC thread to get feedbacks!

Upvote 0

eas2020

Aug 19, 2020
How did you guys answer the first question of the supplementary app? It's so basic but I'm not sure what exactly to say. I'm a Biology major btw

"How has your major course of study prepared you for a career in dentistry?"

I have a masters physiology and biophysics so I talked about how that program taught me certain time management skills along with effective study habits. We also had “team based learning”which is a method used in dental schools as well! Hope I provided some insight! Good luck everyone!

Upvote 0
About the Ads

toothcontractor

Dec 17, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
I received an invitation to interview today....although I will be declining as I was accepted into another program from the last application cycle for the class of 2024....I was originally waitlisted at MWU-IL last cycle and enjoyed my time interviewing and on campus. Best of luck to this year's applicants!

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

pearlywhites_77

Jun 25, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
I received an invitation to interview today....although I will be declining as I was accepted into another program from the last application cycle for the class of 2024....I was originally waitlisted at MWU-IL last cycle and enjoyed my time interviewing and on campus. Best of luck to this year's applicants!
What are your stats?

Upvote 0

Teeth123_567

Aug 5, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Interview #2
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: 9/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/9
GPA (science, overall):3.73, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21
Interview date: 9/29
Method of interview: Virtual

Upvote 0
About the Ads

toothbread

Nov 8, 2019
  1. Dental Student
Still a bit sad. I'm thinking about retaking the DAT.
before you make any major decisions please create a thread to ask for advice, people here are extremely helpful! I’m really eager to help you and I know that you want to become a dentist as much as anyone else here. Feel free to pm me!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.