Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I was interviewed a while back. It said "none" then and it still says that till this day.
My account still says “none” as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it weird that they have sent out rejections already? I feel like I haven't heard of any other schools sending out rejections at this point... does MWU have really stringent minimum requirements that I'm not aware of?

Is it weird that they have sent out rejections already? I feel like I haven't heard of any other schools sending out rejections at this point... does MWU have really stringent minimum requirements that I'm not aware of?
I agree. I have seen more rejections and waitlists than invitations for interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea they’re doing things differently this year. I got rejected as well even though I interviewed last year and stayed on the waitlist.

• Wow
Interview #3
School: Midwestern - IL
Notification date: 10/20
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS Mail-Out-Date: 7/11
GPA (overall, science): 3.70, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/26/19/none
Interview date: Nov 11th
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 10/20
Residency: IL
AADSAS Mail-Out-Date: 7/11
GPA (overall, science): 3.70, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/26/19/none
Interview date: Nov 11th
Congrats on the interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #6
School: Midwestern-IL
Notification date: 10/26/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (overall, science): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/23/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/18
Method of Interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: 7/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.86, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19 /20/20/16/yes RC16
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/19

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #4
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: 7/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.86, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19 /20/20/16/yes RC16
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/19

Congratulations! Is this your first time applying?

Interview #5 (I can't believe it!!!)
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/16
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (overall, science): 3.52, 3.13
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/23/29/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/17

I’m so sorry did they say why?
nope, it was the same email that was given to other students (someone posted a screenshot of it earlier in the thread). Pretty bummed out but hopefully I'll get into one of the other schools I applied to

yup got rejected yesterday lol
Not sure if you’re a reapplicant and interviewed the year prior, but it looks like they’re rejecting people without interview that interviewed the previous cycle and got waitlisted. At least this is my current situation.

Not sure if you’re a reapplicant and interviewed the year prior, but it looks like they’re rejecting people without interview that interviewed the previous cycle and got waitlisted. At least this is my current situation.
This is my first time applying, but I agree I’ve seen a lot of re applicants get rejected without an interview. I was also surprised to see a lot of people get rejected without being offered a supplemental application - I assumed everyone received a supplemental

This is my first time applying, but I agree I’ve seen a lot of re applicants get rejected without an interview. I was also surprised to see a lot of people get rejected without being offered a supplemental application - I assumed everyone received a supplemental
They rejected a lot people with scores of 19-21 AA, so not sure what they’re looking for lmao

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/29
Residency: TX
GPA (overall, science): 3.32, 3.40
DAT (AA/any section below a 17): 21/none
Interview date: Dec 7th

Ugh just got rejected too :( Should I send a letter of intent? 21 AA, 3.3 GPA

Last edited:
  • Sad
Finally got my rejection been WAITING 4 dIS DAY

• Sad
Has anyone else not heard anything at all? I haven’t gotten rejected or an invite for an interview and I submitted mine the first day in June when it was open. I did get an interview to MWU-AZ, just haven’t heard anything from IL at all.

I’m so sorry to hear this. You all have great stats, way better than me. This is making me super nervous as I submitted at beginning of October. May I know when you submitted your application?
I sumbitted in august! I also have a high masters gpa but they still didn’t consider me. I hope you get an interview!

I sumbitted in august! I also have a high masters gpa but they still didn’t consider me. I hope you get an interview!
Nooo I’m in a master program right now but I have a 3.1. I thought they would consider the master gpa. This is making me so anxious.

I’m so sorry to hear this. You all have great stats, way better than me. This is making me super nervous as I submitted at beginning of October. May I know when you submitted your application?
Every applicant is unique. You never know your chances until you try. Every dental school you apply to is a gamble, just remember that. Whatever is meant to be, will be.

Reactions: 5 users
Every applicant is unique. You never know your chances until you try. Every dental school you apply to is a gamble, just remember that. Whatever is meant to be, will be.
factsss

Can anyone share what types of questions the interviewers ask? Thank you so much!

Interview #3
School: MWU IL
Notification date: 11/7/20 (received email friday night/saturday morning at 3:30 am)
Residency: NV
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/22/20
Application complete date: 9/30/2020 (received email that app was complete)
GPA (overall, science): 3.56/3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/20 TS/17 PAT/24 RC/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/11/21 (only date option given)
Method of Interview: virtual

Interview #7
Notification date: 11/10/20
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30/20
Application complete date: 8/27/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.3/3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/20 TS/22 PAT/24 RC/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/12/21 and 1/19/21

Last edited:
Interview #3
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: 11/10/2020
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/21
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.16, 3.23
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/28/23/none
Dates available: 1/12/21, 1/19/21 (virtual)

Hey friends! Just out of curiosity, do yall think we will be notified on exactly the 15th of December? I feel like in previous years when the date has been December 1st, people usually find out on december 2nd. Does this mean we will find out on December 16th? I know its all speculation but just thinking out loud haha.

Interview #7
Notification date: 11/10/20
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30/20
Application complete date: 8/27/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.3/3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/20 TS/22 PAT/24 RC/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/12/21 and 1/19/21

7 interviews?! Thats amazing! Congratulations, whats your secret?! Lol

7 interviews?! Thats amazing! Congratulations, whats your secret?! Lol
Thank you, Congrats to you too!! No secret, I am honestly just as shocked as you are! It sure wasn't my GPA tho LOL

Thank you, Congrats to you too!! No secret, I am honestly just as shocked as you are! It sure wasn't my GPA tho LOL

Hahah same. Sometimes I think the personal statement can potentially go a long way because my stats are not all that, I see so many people more impressive than me who sometimes don't get interviews. The process is so crazy!

Hahah same. Sometimes I think the personal statement can potentially go a long way because my stats are not all that, I see so many people more impressive than me who sometimes don't get interviews. The process is so crazy!
I agree!! When I was applying I honestly didn't think I would get any interviews because of my GPA but it is for sure a very holistic and crazy process! Glad that things are working out for us and I'm sure it will for everyone else too.

• Love