Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Is there a place to help find roommates? I looked for a Facebook group for this class but couldn't find anything.
If you were accepted there is a fb group that you will be added to, I would message Amela on FB she is the moderator !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
got waitlisted, Decided to apply to the MABS program for next year. Anyone have success with MABS this year?

I had been rejected from the dental school and just got accepted into the MABS program today via phone call. Waiting for the email right now

• Sad
So does the waitlist here rarely move? I’ve heard of so many people that are waitlisted and I’m pretty sure the class is full. Seems like it would be impossible to get off the waitlist

So does the waitlist here rarely move? I’ve heard of so many people that are waitlisted and I’m pretty sure the class is full. Seems like it would be impossible to get off the waitlist
yeah dude im thinking the same thing

dude i feel like its time to give up, just try again next year. There is a very low chance there gonna take anyone from the waitlist. Like there class is full and they start school in literally a few monthes. If they wanted us they would have got us already. I been going at this for two years and I just feel like it aint meant to be.

dude i feel like its time to give up, just try again next year. There is a very low chance there gonna take anyone from the waitlist. Like there class is full and they start school in literally a few monthes. If they wanted us they would have got us already. I been going at this for two years and I just feel like it aint meant to be.
This could just be a short silent period. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet until maybe the end of next month. I’m in the same boat, stuck between retaking my DAT for next cycle or waiting it out

Anybody status just changed from wait listed to declined on AADSAS without even being notified by the school? I was on the waitlist.
Yep I checked and the same happened with me. I guess they're moving through their waitlist and we didn't make the cut. Just waiting for the official rejection email now lol

• Sad
Yep I checked and the same happened with me. I guess they're moving through their waitlist and we didn't make the cut. Just waiting for the official rejection email now lol
Are they allowed to reject people after being waitlisted tho? I’ve never heard of that

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who’s status changed to rejected did you respond to the email from Abbey saying to respond if you’d like to withdraw yourself from the waitlist?

Nope I didn’t receive anything from Abbey!
That’s so strange! I didn’t think it was possible for that to happen if you’re on the waitlist? I always thought that if you never made it off the waitlist by the time classes start then that’s when theyd “reject.” I’m kind of getting worried now that Ik it’s a possibility

That’s so strange! I didn’t think it was possible for that to happen if you’re on the waitlist? I always thought that if you never made it off the waitlist by the time classes start then that’s when theyd “reject.” I’m kind of getting worried now that Ik it’s a possibility
I'm not an expert since this is my second time applying. Last year, I got absolutely nothing from any of the schools so this is new to me. I'm just taking this as them filtering through their waitlist. For ex, if they have 100 people on the waitlist and 10 people holding onto acceptances but not confirming, then there's no point of having 100 people just wait. Instead, cut down that list and increasing the chances of who they think are better

Hi guys! I was just wondering does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews or when they stop their interviews?

I'm not an expert since this is my second time applying. Last year, I got absolutely nothing from any of the schools so this is new to me. I'm just taking this as them filtering through their waitlist. For ex, if they have 100 people on the waitlist and 10 people holding onto acceptances but not confirming, then there's no point of having 100 people just wait. Instead, cut down that list and increasing the chances of who they think are better
are you accepted already at another school?

Keep trying if you are able. I was in the exact same boat but I finally got in this year. I wish I got in here, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. If this is what you want to do, keep trying!

Just got invited to interview and had the option to schedule 2 days from today, but took the day a week out because I would like the time to prep.

If anyone else is accepted into the MABS, gone through it, or knows someone that has experience with it, would love a chance to talk to you!

I got accepted yesterday via phone call!! Interviewed 12/8 and waitlisted 12/15.
Don't lose hope yet and continue to email the admissions, reiterate your interest in the program.

Reactions: 3 users
Gave up my seat today to attend a school closer to home! Hope it goes to one of you amazing people! Good luck everyone!!!!

I was accepted off the waitlist a few days ago via phone call.

They are moving through the waitlist as spots open up.

I received an invitation to interview today....although I will be declining as I was accepted into another program from the last application cycle for the class of 2024....I was originally waitlisted at MWU-IL last cycle and enjoyed my time interviewing and on campus. Best of luck to this year's applicants!
What do you mean when you say you were accepted into another program from the last application cycle?

Interview #6
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: 11/30/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/23
Application complete date: 06/25
Undergraduate GPA: 2.84, 2.77 (Grad:3.9)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/18 none
Where did you do your masters?

Hey guys! I plan on applying to MWU for next years application and am currently working on studying for my DAT, is that okay if ppl accepted can share some of their stats and dif things they think helped them get in, MWU is one of my top choices so I was just curious and to what helped you guys get in

Hey guys! I was just wondering does anyone know if MWU is still giving out interviews?

Good morning! Did anyone get accepted off of waitlist recently?