Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I interviewed last Tuesday and got the acceptance call at 3:02 EST on Friday.
Congrats!! What was the interview like? I have mine on Feb 1st and really wanna do well

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! What was the interview like? I have mine on Feb 1st and really wanna do well
It was just like everyone said on here. Super relaxed and very conversational they truly want to know who you are. A couple question I was asked were how many tennis balls can you fit into a limo, what’s a word that does describe you and one that doesn’t, name a time where you had to be a leader, name a time where you said something but realized later that you were wrong in the moment, describe what criticism means to you and how you deal with it, how do you manage stress, things like that. All wanting to know you. It was closed file and I wasn’t asked why I wanted to be a dentist which was nice because my letter of intent tells you why. But overall it was one of my favorite interviews. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
It was just like everyone said on here. Super relaxed and very conversational they truly want to know who you are. A couple question I was asked were how many tennis balls can you fit into a limo, what’s a word that does describe you and one that doesn’t, name a time where you had to be a leader, name a time where you said something but realized later that you were wrong in the moment, describe what criticism means to you and how you deal with it, how do you manage stress, things like that. All wanting to know you. It was closed file and I wasn’t asked why I wanted to be a dentist which was nice because my letter of intent tells you why. But overall it was one of my favorite interviews. Hope this helps!
This is extremely helpful! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I know this is a super stressful time, but I hope you're all doing well and hanging in there.
Just wanted to drop by and try to leave a little positivity and hope for you all here.
I'm currently a D1 at CDMI. My stats weren't great; undergrad GPA was like 3.34 DAT AA was a 19 with a 19 in each subject except PAT: 22, and QR was a 16! I did have quite a bit of dental experience (working as a dental assistant) before applying. I interviewed in April and was accepted early May. They send interview invitations out for awhile, so if you haven't been declined yet, don't lose hope!
I wish all of you the best of luck! 🤗

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! I know this is a super stressful time, but I hope you're all doing well and hanging in there.
Just wanted to drop by and try to leave a little positivity and hope for you all here.
I'm currently a D1 at CDMI. My stats weren't great; undergrad GPA was like 3.34 DAT AA was a 19 with a 19 in each subject except PAT: 22, and QR was a 16! I did have quite a bit of dental experience (working as a dental assistant) before applying. I interviewed in April and was accepted early May. They send interview invitations out for awhile, so if you haven't been declined yet, don't lose hope!
I wish all of you the best of luck! 🤗
Thank you so much for sharing that! It was much needed🙏

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if schools that we are waitlisted at can see what acceptances we have after the traffic deadline? Just wondering if we have less of a chance to make it off the waitlist if we already have other acceptances

Does anyone know if schools that we are waitlisted at can see what acceptances we have after the traffic deadline? Just wondering if we have less of a chance to make it off the waitlist if we already have other acceptances
I don’t think they can

Yea I’m pretty sure they will know at some point. This is needed for every school to ensure no one continues to hold two seats. I wouldn’t be surprised if dental schools you're waitlisted at know you’ve been accepted elsewhere. Perhaps a letter of intent would help at this type of situation.

Side note: Highly unlikely a school will stop themselves from sending you an acceptance off the waitlist even though you’ve been accepted elsewhere. They were interested in you and they understand you have to accept what comes your way.

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything?
haven't heard back yet /:
i am wishing you the best of luck!!
did you sent a letter of intent? i am debating when i should send mine because it seems like they are still sending out interviews.

haven't heard back yet /:
i am wishing you the best of luck!!
did you sent a letter of intent? i am debating when i should send mine because it seems like they are still sending out interviews.
No I haven’t send one yet. I am debating the same thing, I don’t want to send it too early. And best of luck to you, too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got rejected with 22AA and 3.8 Gpa and many extracurricular activities without interview. I really don’t know what they want...

I just got rejected with 22AA and 3.8 Gpa and many extracurricular activities without interview. I really don’t know what they want...
Dang. I'm on the waitlist but I don't feel super confident getting in atm. I'm sure with your stats, you'll get into somewhere!

For those that have gotten accepted, did any of you write a thank you email after your interview?

I got accepted!! So wild I really didn’t think it was going to happen for me again lol. I wish you all the best who are either on the waitlist or expecting interviews! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
I got accepted!! So wild I really didn’t think it was going to happen for me again lol. I wish you all the best who are either on the waitlist or expecting interviews! :soexcited:
Congrats! Did you send them a letter of intent?

Has anyone who took their exam later in December heard back from them? I was waitlisted last year but still have not heard back anything yet:(

Yep if u already heard back and u interveiwed on Feb 1st, then it prolly means I didnt get in. I interveiwed the week before and still have not heard anything.

Yep if u already heard back and u interveiwed on Feb 1st, then it prolly means I didnt get in. I interveiwed the week before and still have not heard anything.
I'm thinking the same thing.. I interviewed Feb 1st, but I'm assuming if I didn't hear back I'm probably not in

does anyone know if the waitlist moves a ton or is it minimal movement?

Reactions: 2 users
Interview on feb 17th, I'll update later

How hard is it to get off the waitlist for midwestern Illinois? I really want to go here.

I interviewed on Feb 8, and still have not heard anything back. What does this mean? Not accepted, not rejected, nor waitlisted.

Did anyone who got accepted or wait listed complete a masters program? If anyone could DM me about that, it would be really helpful. Thanks!

got waitlisted, Decided to apply to the MABS program for next year. Anyone have success with MABS this year?

Is there a place to help find roommates? I looked for a Facebook group for this class but couldn't find anything.