You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed last week and they told us to expect a call this week for acceptancedid they tell you in the interview specifically that you will be considered on dec 15?
some schools don't have meetings after the last interview date, so they don't consider those students until the next meeting...
🙁 yea one hour left idkThey said all decisions would be out today but at this rate idk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sweetdent41
New Member
Someone on reddit who had an interview in early November just got a call at 3:40 cst
t00thfairy25
Full Member
Waitlisted via email interviewed late September
Last edited:
Predent-456
Full Member
Damn already i thought that was a tmr thingWaitlisted via email
At least that's better than hearing nothing and you got a chanceWaitlisted via email
dentistdisco25
Full Member
Got a waitlist email :/
Accepted call at 4:45pm CST
Interviewed Nov 18th.
Hang in there.
Interviewed Nov 18th.
Hang in there.
Predent-456
Full Member
Me eitherI haven’t received an email yet?
Same :/I haven’t received an email yet?
Predent-456
Full Member
Did they even get to December?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im decemberDid they even get to December?
Predent-456
Full Member
And you havent heard anything?Im december
I interviewed December 9th. Haven't heard back anythingAnyone interviewed in December, heardback anything ? Accepted? Waitlisted? Alternate?
Predent-456
Full Member
Interviewed dec 1st havent heard anythingI interviewed December 9th. Haven't heard back anything
Got a waitlist email :/
When did you interview?
That's what I am wondering. I interviewed Dec 8thDid they even get to December?
dentistdisco25
Full Member
Late NovemberWhen did you interview?
Did you get waitlisted or in the alternate list?Waitlisted via email
Anyone know the difference between waitlist and alternate list? Just got an email saying they placed me on the alternate list.
Predent-456
Full Member
That is probably the waitlistAnyone know the difference between waitlist and alternate list? Just got an email saying they placed me on the alternate list.
The following is what I received after my interview:Anyone know the difference between waitlist and alternate list? Just got an email saying they placed me on the alternate list.
I would call them for the alternate list if it doesn't say waitlisted
- Acceptance: Students accepted into the program will be notified by telephone and email. All of the important acceptance documents and forms will be accessible to you via your online applicant account including the matriculation agreement and deposit submission information. Accepted students must submit the electronic matriculation agreement and $200 deposit by the specified deadline date to hold their seat in the program. Once committed, accepted students will also be able to access important information from the Office of Student Financial Services, Office of Student Services, Information Technology and other departments via their online accounts.
- Alternate: Students placed on the alternate list will be notified by email. We encourage students placed on the alternate list to submit any new information that will enhance their credentials and competitiveness for entrance into the program, including updated transcripts, test scores, resume, letters of recommendation, etc. Please submit any new and updated information to the Office of Admissions. We do keep the alternate list active throughout the duration of the admissions cycle.
- Denial: Students denied entrance into the program will be notified by email. Upon receipt of the email, if you are interested in re-applying for subsequent years, we would strongly encourage you to check our website for information regarding the re-application process.
Predent-456
Full Member
So the alternate list is the waitlist thats what im getting from thatThe following is what I received after my interview:
I would call them for the alternate list if it doesn't say waitlisted
- Acceptance: Students accepted into the program will be notified by telephone and email. All of the important acceptance documents and forms will be accessible to you via your online applicant account including the matriculation agreement and deposit submission information. Accepted students must submit the electronic matriculation agreement and $200 deposit by the specified deadline date to hold their seat in the program. Once committed, accepted students will also be able to access important information from the Office of Student Financial Services, Office of Student Services, Information Technology and other departments via their online accounts.
- Alternate: Students placed on the alternate list will be notified by email. We encourage students placed on the alternate list to submit any new information that will enhance their credentials and competitiveness for entrance into the program, including updated transcripts, test scores, resume, letters of recommendation, etc. Please submit any new and updated information to the Office of Admissions. We do keep the alternate list active throughout the duration of the admissions cycle.
- Denial: Students denied entrance into the program will be notified by email. Upon receipt of the email, if you are interested in re-applying for subsequent years, we would strongly encourage you to check our website for information regarding the re-application process.
Waitlisted via email. Interviewed late November
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed Dec 5th and haven’t received a call or email :/Anyone interviewed in December, heardback anything ? Accepted? Waitlisted? Alternate?
t00thfairy25
Full Member
Email says alternate list but it’s the same thing as waitlistDid you get waitlisted or in the alternate list?
Seems like us December people didn't hear anything yetI interviewed Dec 5th and haven’t received a call or email :/
sweetdent41
New Member
Just got an email saying that the admissions committee is still making admissions decisions and that I'll receive my decision tomorrow instead
Predent-456
Full Member
SameJust got an email saying that the admissions committee is still making admissions decisions and that I'll receive my decision tomorrow instead
sameJust got an email saying that the admissions committee is still making admissions decisions and that I'll receive my decision tomorrow instead
No they said tonight or tomorrow.Has anyone who got accepted received an email yet?
sweetdent41
New Member
Did you interview in December?same
Predent-456
Full Member
They did, they said dec 9thDid you interview in December?
Nope, not yetCan anyone access the accepted student checklist on the midwestern portal
For anyone who is accepted, I just checked my portal and I could see the accepted students checklist.
For those who are awaiting and are waitlisted, you'll make it. This was my third cycle and second time applying to Midwestern. I am also a very non traditional student (7 years), I worked as a dental assistant, did some research, did a post bac and just recently completed my masters. Its been quite a journey but this was what's written for me and I am grateful for it. Wish you all the best and looking forward to being classmates 😊
For those who are awaiting and are waitlisted, you'll make it. This was my third cycle and second time applying to Midwestern. I am also a very non traditional student (7 years), I worked as a dental assistant, did some research, did a post bac and just recently completed my masters. Its been quite a journey but this was what's written for me and I am grateful for it. Wish you all the best and looking forward to being classmates 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont see the checklist.. maybe i got waitlistedSo I didn’t receive a call or email (even checked spam folder) yesterday, though today I check the portal and the accepted student checklist is there. Maybe they’re still calling…?
I just received an official email from admissions.So I didn’t receive a call or email (even checked spam folder) yesterday, though today I check the portal and the accepted student checklist is there. Maybe they’re still calling…?
Predent-456
Full Member
what did it say?I just received an official email from admissions.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 62
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 54
- Views
- 24K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K