Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

No call just an email?
No call. Around 9 am CST I checked the portal and saw the accepted student checklist. Then at 10:22 am I received an acceptance email from admissions (all today, 12/16).

Reactions: 1 user
No call. Around 9 am CST I checked the portal and saw the accepted student checklist. Then at 10:22 am I received an acceptance email from admissions (all today, 12/16).
when did you interview? and was it in person?

Members don't see this ad :)
so you didn't get an application update email yesterday saying you'd get a decision today? that's what i was asking abt. yesterday ppl who were interviewed last Friday received that email.
Oh sorry! No, I received no email yesterday.

Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the email for the Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request

waitlisted... how does an unranked wait list work? lol
It will probably start having heavy movement a month from now bc that's how long they give ppl to reserve their spot, some ppl will withdraw and go somewhere else

For anyone who’s still waiting for this school, I received an interview from them today. I was surprised as Dec 15th was just 2 days ago. Don’t lose hope yet if you haven’t interviewed.

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who’s still waiting for this school, I received an interview from them today. I was surprised as Dec 15th was just 2 days ago. Don’t lose hope yet if you haven’t interviewed.
Hey, congrats on the interview. When did you apply?

Hello! Quick question to those who have been accepted but will be going elsewhere. Do we email them declining the offer or is there some sort of form we must fill out. The acceptance email did not specify.

Hello! Quick question to those who have been accepted but will be going elsewhere. Do we email them declining the offer or is there some sort of form we must fill out. The acceptance email did not specify.
Yes, email them and let them know that you are declining their offer and will be attending a different school.

Reactions: 1 users
When you log into the midwestern portal, look at the acceptance checklist and you'll see a tab where it says decline/withdraw but I would also email them for sure.

Interview
School: Midwestern-Illinois
Notification date: 12/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In-State
Application complete date: 11/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.59, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/21/ Yes; QR
Interview date: 1/06
Method of interview: In-Person
For anyone waiting for an interview you'll get it! Goodluck to anyone who has an upcoming interview!

If waitlisted, would early January be too soon to send a LOI? What is recommended?

If waitlisted, would early January be too soon to send a LOI? What is recommended?
I think it’s perfect because the deadline to pay the deposit is jan 17th so a lot of movement could be expected around that time

Is there a groupme for Midwestern illinois acceptees?

Has anyone gotten access to their midwestern email yet?

Has anyone gotten access to their midwestern email yet?
Nope I wanted to call IT for that because they said they will communicate with us through that email and we need access to microsoft outlook

I think it’s perfect because the deadline to pay the deposit is jan 17th so a lot of movement could be expected around that tim
I think it’s perfect because the deadline to pay the deposit is jan 17th so a lot of movement could be expected around that time
Thank you for the response! Should I address the email to a specific individual if I am to send it to the general admissions office address?

just received an interview! They’re offering in person or virtual but I’m not sure which one to do…anyone have any advice?

I haven’t sent it yet, still trying to figure out what is best. Advice appreciated!
I am hearing a lot of mixed reviews about LOI... MWU-IL is one of my top choices, however, I have been put on the alternate list and received an offer from another school that is lower on my list. I am worried that an LOI can make me seem desperate but am unsure of what to do as decision time is coming closer. I genuinely feel that I will thrive more academically and professionally at MWU and feel that it is a better fit for my learning style.. Any advice would be appreciated!

I am hearing a lot of mixed reviews about LOI... MWU-IL is one of my top choices, however, I have been put on the alternate list and received an offer from another school that is lower on my list. I am worried that an LOI can make me seem desperate but am unsure of what to do as decision time is coming closer. I genuinely feel that I will thrive more academically and professionally at MWU and feel that it is a better fit for my learning style.. Any advice would be appreciated!
Honest opinion, LOI probably won’t make as much of an impact that you’d like it to. Accept the offer you have and be patient about MWU. You may get off the waitlist and you can accept your offer then. But don’t bank on getting off waitlist, lock in the offer you already have at the very least.

Honest opinion, LOI probably won’t make as much of an impact that you’d like it to. Accept the offer you have and be patient about MWU. You may get off the waitlist and you can accept your offer then. But don’t bank on getting off waitlist, lock in the offer you already have at the very least.
I totally agree, during my interview there was a student there who was on the alternate list until it was couple of weeks before classes started where he got the offer of acceptance, he was an in state individual and was going to another school and about to sign his apartment lease. I would definitely lock myself in with a school until otherwise at least you have a guaranteed spot.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with the others, but sending the LOI does not hurt either. They will add it to your file, and maybe that’ll help you’ll get in. You can say something along lines of “midwestern is my top choice and I got accepted to another Institute but I would love to go here because I think I would excel for these reasons…”

Reactions: 3 users
I will be declining my offer so I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
for people who did early January interview, when do you guys think the decision will be released?