Midwestern University c/o 2018 Applicants

Started by sblove17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Flyracing- I saw your post yesterday and called admissions, as of yesterday 80 deposits made but she said that can change drastically either increase or decrease. They just don't know what to expect. She couldn't tell me how many more were on the waitlist. I'm waiting to hear from Midwestern (#1 choice) otherwise I leave for Ross in May! Really cutting it close here. Any clue as to how soon after the 15th, we will hear something? I wish we could know our numbers. Wish everyone the best of luck on the alternate list!

@thisisitdvm I called today to find out my status (alternate list) and also inquired how they'll notify us alternates. They will start calling alternates after April 15th and that they accept students up until the first week of class. Hope this info helps. But if I'm not chosen, I may be joining you at Ross but in September! Good luck!
 
@MelAntoniette I'm in exactly the same boat as you!! I'm wait listed at Midwestern but if I don't get off I'll be going to Ross in the fall. Let's hope these next couple weeks fly by and we hear some good news!


Posted using SDN Mobile
 
Thanks! I'm not able to bring her as she tore her deep digital flexor tendon last year and we had to put her down. Saddest day of my life. She was a great horse, every show we took her to people would also ask about her breeding, she is actually a percheron - saddlebred cross, her dad was as tri-color saddlebred so that is where she gets her color from. I really want to find a hunter/jumper barn to ride at while i'm out there- your horse is really cute to! Do you event?

I'm so sorry to hear about your horse! I lost one to a neck injury almost two years ago too and it's not easy!

I have done some eventing. I'm actually at a dressage show this weekend (not nearly so exciting). The horse is my profile has been with me for 12 years now and I figure since he's gone through high school and two rounds of undergrad, why not have him go to vet school too 😉

I bet you'll find a place to ride. I've heard there are lots of barns in the area and the people in the area seem nice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so sorry to hear about your horse! I lost one to a neck injury almost two years ago too and it's not easy!

I have done some eventing. I'm actually at a dressage show this weekend (not nearly so exciting). The horse is my profile has been with me for 12 years now and I figure since he's gone through high school and two rounds of undergrad, why not have him go to vet school too 😉

I bet you'll find a place to ride. I've heard there are lots of barns in the area and the people in the area seem nice.


@Fly Racing Good Luck at your Show this weekend! You should definitely bring your horse, that would be awesome and a nice stress reliever to have around when classes get crazy hard! Are you decided on Midwestern for sure or are you waiting to hear back from other schools? I'm getting excited and nervous all at the same time for school to start!
 
Does anyone know when we get our class schedules, I have a friend going to MSU and he has had his class schedule for a while now.
I was confused because the email I received showed that we had 19.5 credits for the first quarter and had no actual weekly schedule attached. However, if you look up MWU CVM curriculum online their website shows 17 credits for the first quarter?
 
Do they state where the alternative falls in? like high, middle or low alternative. And if if i get a low alternative, do you think they will ever accept me? Did anyone from the low alternative got a seat ever??
 
Has anyone who has been accepted to other schools declined their offer(s) to attend Midwestern? I am seriously considering declining Iowa State. I did read eddiepbauer's post a page back about declining Western for Midwestern but would like to hear from anyone else who may be in a similar situation!
 
I
Has anyone who has been accepted to other schools declined their offer(s) to attend Midwestern? I am seriously considering declining Iowa State. I did read eddiepbauer's post a page back about declining Western for Midwestern but would like to hear from anyone else who may be in a similar situation!

I'm declining Kansas and st George's for midwestern. I took myself off the alternate list for Iowa.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you both deposit? I'm hoping and praying I get off the waitlist. Last I check 86 deposited on Thursday. Not looking good for me
 
When did you both deposit? I'm hoping and praying I get off the waitlist. Last I check 86 deposited on Thursday. Not looking good for me
It's not necessarily bad news that there are 86 deposits. A lot of people could be wait listed at their first choice and accepted midwestern to assure they are going somewhere. Even reading other threads people are saying they put a deposit at one school and are hoping to get off the wait list at another, and thus forfeiting their deposit. I bet there will be a fair amount of movement in the next few months.
 
Ya my problem is I only have two weeks for a decision because I got accepted to Ross's May start. Hoping that the movement moves faster then 🙂 Thanks for the inspiring words though.
 
And then not even an hour passed and I got an email offering me a seat at Virginia Tech. I have withdrawn my acceptance at Midwestern already. I hope an SDNer will get my seat.
 
And then not even an hour passed and I got an email offering me a seat at Virginia Tech. I have withdrawn my acceptance at Midwestern already. I hope an SDNer will get my seat.
Congrats!!! Do you get your deposit back ??
 
Last edited:
And then not even an hour passed and I got an email offering me a seat at Virginia Tech. I have withdrawn my acceptance at Midwestern already. I hope an SDNer will get my seat.

Sorry to hear about the bad timing! And I was looking forward to hearing about Germany 🙂 Congrats, on your acceptance to VT!!

Thisisdvm, hang in there! Maybe, you'll even get in later and choose to wash your first semester at Ross to join us in AZ (if that was right for you). It's not over 'til it over! I'd love to get to know you, so my fingers are crossed!
 
Congrats!!! Do you get your deposit back ??
Thank you! The matriculation agreement says you have three days to decline your acceptance after putting in the deposit so that you get the full deposit back. I called Midwestern right away and they said they would start working on it right away so that I could get the $1,000 back... I really need that money so it can go to the deposit at Virginia Tech, I don't have a thousand dollars laying around.

Sorry to hear about the bad timing! And I was looking forward to hearing about Germany 🙂 Congrats, on your acceptance to VT!!

Thisisdvm, hang in there! Maybe, you'll even get in later and choose to wash your first semester at Ross to join us in AZ (if that was right for you). It's not over 'til it over! I'd love to get to know you, so my fingers are crossed!

Thank you, it came as a total surprise. I despise the MMI interview format and thought it was brutal, definitely not my style of interview.
 
I'm a wait lister at Midwestern and I am DYING to hear some kind of news! Good or bad at this point. Does anyone out there on the list know their spot and if it's moving?
 
I think people can put their deposit in for a few more hours, so at best they will know if there are seats left tomorrow. I imagine some decisions will be made after that.
 
For vet or pharmacy? I believe vet interviews concluded march 28th. Have you checked your portal for status?
 
Ya I was worried that they had more interviews! Haha.

@Flyracing Do you know what time today you have until to make deposits?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For pharmacy school and how does i check the portal for status? Do you mean the supplement application site?

Your responses to this topic are in the pre-veterinary forum right now so you're only going to get responses from pre-vet students. Enter your login information to the Midwestern website where you completed your supplemental application. If the "accepted student checklist" is made available to you, then you're in.
 
Alright other alternates, I'm dying over here waiting to hear literally anything! I wonder how many spaces they actually need to fill. So nervous


Posted using SDN Mobile
 
@thisisitdvm @WillBeDrNikki I heard from Kristen today.....all she said was that I was in the top 1/3 of the list (good news!) and that they are going to slowly start going through the list! Best of luck to both of you!!
 
@thisisitdvm @WillBeDrNikki I heard from Kristen today.....all she said was that I was in the top 1/3 of the list (good news!) and that they are going to slowly start going through the list! Best of luck to both of you!!

How do I contact her? I'm curious as to where I fall


Posted using SDN Mobile
 
As much as I truly loved MidWestern, I declined my seat last night so there is another spot available. Good luck to you waitlisters!
 
Updated news!! Check your portal! The class did not fill to 100, and offers to a group of alternates have been made. The school will not tell you a "position" because they are filling specific spots for a diverse class. Good luck alternates!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The home page changes from "applicant checklist" to "accepted student checklist". The portal updates right away, but automated emails won't go out until the next morning ( I got mine at 2:48am, which was memorable because I was up driving an all-nighter at the time.)
 
No change here either....oh well....giving up on this round of applying. Hopefully next year goes better 🙂
 
Updated news!! Check your portal! The class did not fill to 100, and offers to a group of alternates have been made. The school will not tell you a "position" because they are filling specific spots for a diverse class. Good luck alternates!

Thanks @Fly Racing for the update! I haven't seen any change in my portal, but I'm not giving up hope!
 
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I was on the waitlist and they called me yesterday to let me know that my status was changed to accepted!!! 🙂
Just letting others on the list know to keep your phones handy since I think they'll be calling you!
 
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I was on the waitlist and they called me yesterday to let me know that my status was changed to accepted!!! 🙂
Just letting others on the list know to keep your phones handy since I think they'll be calling you!

Thanks for the update @MarineDVM ! Hoping I'll be able to join you and the rest of the class