Midwestern University c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody who already accepted their seat knows if they already sent out the academic schedule of our courses and times?

Members don't see this ad.

As of yesterday 18 people put down their deposit (one of my friends interviewed yesterday and that's what they told them). I'm waiting on accepting my seat until I hear back from my last few schools

Reactions: 1 user
As of yesterday 18 people put down their deposit (one of my friends interviewed yesterday and that's what they told them). I'm waiting on accepting my seat until I hear back from my last few schools
since your friend interviewed yesterday I’m assuming they most likely still have a few seats to give and a couple of more interviews to do. Does anybody know when Midwestern stops doing interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone get the email baiting you to apply for other programs? Like yeah this cycle isn’t going great but I haven’t quite moved on to podiatry yet 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Did everyone get the email baiting you to apply for other programs? Like yeah this cycle isn’t going great but I haven’t quite moved on to podiatry yet 😭
They just sent me emails before to join their masters health program on top of the DVM . I don’t know the email your talking about 😅

I interviewed yesterday and they said that they only have one more set of interviews (virtual).

Yikes, do we know if the invites are out for that group of interviews?

Here’s a fun question. Why did you apply to Midwestern ? If you get accepted are yall planning to go there or still waiting to here from other schools due to them being in state or for another reason ?

Here’s a fun question. Why did you apply to Midwestern ? If you get accepted are yall planning to go there or still waiting to here from other schools due to them being in state or for another reason ?

I looked at my stats and compared with people who had been accepted at schools I was interested in, I also researched each school in terms of number of seats and such and then picked out the ones that I thought I had the best chances at. So far, I’ve been accepted to Midwestern and SGU. I recently got rejected from my IS and I’m still waiting to hear back from 2 schools. However, if I don’t get in to those, I will most likely attend Midwestern over the island school, I liked what they offered when I interviewed and my only drawback is the cost being the most expensive vet school which is scary to think about and I really have to consider the debt that I’ll be in. That’s my experience so far, not sure if anyone is in the same or similar situation but I appreciate any viewpoints.

I looked at my stats and compared with people who had been accepted at schools I was interested in, I also researched each school in terms of number of seats and such and then picked out the ones that I thought I had the best chances at. So far, I’ve been accepted to Midwestern and SGU. I recently got rejected from my IS and I’m still waiting to hear back from 2 schools. However, if I don’t get in to those, I will most likely attend Midwestern over the island school, I liked what they offered when I interviewed and my only drawback is the cost being the most expensive vet school which is scary to think about and I really have to consider the debt that I’ll be in. That’s my experience so far, not sure if anyone is in the same or similar situation but I appreciate any viewpoints.
I have also been accepted to the same schools, but right now, I am leaning towards midwestern as well.

Personally for me it my instate school ( doesn’t matter for tuition) but I have friends and family here. As well I was really impressed with the students, facilities and my interview. Really did make me feel welcome. As much as I want to go there I still want to here back from other schools even though I think I’ll just end up picking Midwestern

I know not a lot of people have accepted their seat but for those believing that they will be going to Midwestern or accepted their seat would y’all want to make a discord of GroupMe? I really want to know my possible future classmates and start making new friends

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know not a lot of people have accepted their seat but for those believing that they will be going to Midwestern or accepted their seat would y’all want to make a discord of GroupMe? I really want to know my possible future classmates and start making new friends

I’ll join for sure

i’ll join!

I'll join!

hey yall sorry for the delay. I made a new group me since nobody had joined it yet
let me know if it works

No sorry haven’t accepted my seat yet. I’m pretty sure that’s just for accepting students right?

Hello! I am currently on Midwesterns waitlist after interviewing. I was wondering how we would be able to update our courses taken because I was just missing Biochemistry last semester? Do I need send another official transcript to Admin office email?

Hello! I am currently on Midwesterns waitlist after interviewing. I was wondering how we would be able to update our courses taken because I was just missing Biochemistry last semester? Do I need send another official transcript to Admin office email?
I assume so but not entirely sure

Were you waitlisted because of the missing class and did they ask for you to send them in? I found that most schools will ask for your transcripts if they need them.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if we are able to commute an hour away from the school? I live instate and would be able to live with my family. Which could potentially save me 145,000 on loans/ debt. This big price point makes Midwestern cost around the same price as other vet schools.

Does anybody know if we are able to commute an hour away from the school? I live instate and would be able to live with my family. Which could potentially save me 145,000 on loans/ debt. This big price point makes Midwestern cost around the same price as other vet schools.

I would think so. I haven’t heard anything about them being strict about that.

Has anyone that interviewed early December heard back yet? Getting anxious and wondering if I should contact them or not!
I interviewed on Dec 7 and I still haven't heard anything. I was wondering the same thing about if I should contact them or not.

It can take around 4 weeks but given all of the holidays I would give it another week!

Who’s going to the Midwestern vet med visit day? I think I’ll be attending :) just need to get the day off work

I'm on an interview wait list. I keep forgetting about it because I haven't heard anything in months. Should I just give and consider Midwestern a denial?

I'm on an interview wait list. I keep forgetting about it because I haven't heard anything in months. Should I just give and consider Midwestern a denial?
I don’t want to tell you no due to you may have a shot at an interview and don’t want you stop checking your portal but I think somebody else commented they were gonna be done hosting their last interviews soon. Im not entirely sure if that’s true but I can try finding the comment.

Does anybody know how many people Midwestern waitlist in general ? I have a friend who’s waitlisted and from what I’m assuming I think most people get off around February or March .

When I interviewed on 1/10, they told us that they only have one more interview session left. I could be wrong however.

does anyone know if people get off post interview waitlist?
Can you clarify your question sorry for some reason I don’t get it lol it’s been a long day. Do you mean like do people get off the waitlist if they were waitlisted after the interview?

Im a current student and it would definitely be hard. I can send our first quarter schedule if that would help, but generally classes go from about 8-9am to 4 pm. Especially after first quarter and into second and beyond

Im a current student and it would definitely be hard. I can send our first quarter schedule if that would help, but generally classes go from about 8-9am to 4 pm. Especially after first quarter and into second and beyond
OMG YESS PLEASE !!! I would really appreciate it. My plan is to at least try out for a bit and if I can’t handle it I’ll move closer . That’s my plan as of right now .

yea that’s what I mean
Yeah as soon as person declines there seat they are supposed to pull people off the waitlist. I’m not entirely sure if they keep instate and out of state waitlist separate I would assume so

Who’s going to the Midwestern vet med visit day? I think I’ll be attending :) just need to get the day off work
I'm planning on going to Visit Day! Just need to figure out hotels and transportation, as I live approx 16 hours away!

will you send your 1st quarter schedule

Did anyone that interviewed 1/10 receive no email? Also do they send an email letting you know that you’re waitlisted.

Last edited: