You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern University c/o 2028
Started by mia5502
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dvmhopeful8
Full Member
I think most people that have been accepted have gotten an email a few days after their portal had been updated! Im sure you will receive one in the next couple of days. Congrats!My accepted applicant portal was updated on Tuesday, but still no email acceptance. Should I be worried? I'm just hoping since it was a holiday this week, that the acceptance will come out next week.
adultingisscary
Full Member
How did you guys prepare fro the interview? I have mine on Wednesday and haven't found much information about Midwestern's interviews on the SDN interview info site or anywhere else. Thank you 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi yall,
I interviewed on sept 28th. Got accepted on my portal oct 11 and got my official email on oct 12. One of my friends interviewed on october 11th. She has been waitlisted, I was wondering if anyone has heard back from midwestern about being pulled off the waitlist? Thank you
I interviewed on sept 28th. Got accepted on my portal oct 11 and got my official email on oct 12. One of my friends interviewed on october 11th. She has been waitlisted, I was wondering if anyone has heard back from midwestern about being pulled off the waitlist? Thank you
I looked up common vet school interview question, had my boyfriend and friends do mock interview for me so i can practice my answers, the biggest tip I have is be YOURSELF!! they want to know who you are as a person for instance who you are? what do you like to do for fun? etc but also be prepared to answer controversial/ ethical questions about vet medicine. I researched about the school and what I liked about it, as well as topics in vet med. I have had the pleasure of being able to talk to other vet students who interviewed at other vet schools and they told me the same advice I am telling you. I saw a website that had a common ethical vet school questions which helped prepare me mentally in case I was asked these questions. here are some links :How did you guys prepare fro the interview? I have mine on Wednesday and haven't found much information about Midwestern's interviews on the SDN interview info site or anywhere else. Thank you 🙂
Biology
A strong foundation and a strong community. Starting your first year, our hands on approach at UofL points you toward medicine, research, conservation and more.
Vet school interview questions and answers
Check out these vet school interview questions and answers, plus practice questions you can practice on your own!
54 Veterinary School Interview Questions & Answers
Prepare for your veterinary school interview with 54 questions and 107 professional answers covering clinical scenarios, ethics, and your motivation for veterinary medicine.
adultingisscary
Full Member
Just interviewed this morning, feeling mid about it. How long did it take people who have gotten accepted to get their letter or portal change after the interview ?
MBTDG
New Member
Hey, I am sure you did just fine! Sometimes we can be our harshest critics.Just interviewed this morning, feeling mid about it. How long did it take people who have gotten accepted to get their letter or portal change after the interview ?
I know some people heard back within 2-3 weeks but it depends on when they are going over the files next. If they have done this recently it could take a bit longer!
The portal change seems to happen before an email is sent out.
I was recently accepted & I was wondering if any of you who were accepted have looked at your matriculation agreement on your applicant portal? In order for me to look at it I need to put in my SSN & I don’t know if putting in my SSN & looking at it will electronically sign it for me
When did you interview?My accepted applicant portal was updated on Tuesday, but still no email acceptance. Should I be worried? I'm just hoping since it was a holiday this week, that the acceptance will come out next week.
I interviewed 11/9, my portal updated 11/22, got my acceptance email 11/27When did you interview?
Hi everyone!
OOS applicant here, just received an interview invite this morning. I'm not sure if I'm going to do virtual or in person yet, because my only virtual option is in two days and I unfortunately have prior commitments I don't know if I can move around. I was wondering if anyone could give me some perspective on what the interview process is like here. I feel very unprepared, as I didn't totally expect an interview offer this late in the game! Thanks in advance!
OOS applicant here, just received an interview invite this morning. I'm not sure if I'm going to do virtual or in person yet, because my only virtual option is in two days and I unfortunately have prior commitments I don't know if I can move around. I was wondering if anyone could give me some perspective on what the interview process is like here. I feel very unprepared, as I didn't totally expect an interview offer this late in the game! Thanks in advance!
futuredogtor12
Full Member
OOS interview waitlist this morning. Really bummed because I interviewed at Midwestern last year and wasn’t waitlisted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
OOS interview waitlist. A bit sad as I felt I’d have a better chance here since my gpa was higher than their averages, but everything happens for a reason! Good luck to all.
Not yet. I'm nervous too!Has anyone who interviewed 11/14 heard back yet? I'm nervous!
I interviewed 11/29, no email yet. I checked my portal and there is an "accepted student" checklist on the homepage, which lists deposit, matriculation agreement, etc. Does this mean I was accepted but haven't gotten an email yet? Or has this section always been there? I can't remember if I saw it previously or not.
adultingisscary
Full Member
I interviewed 11/29, no email yet. I checked my portal and there is an "accepted student" checklist on the homepage, which lists deposit, matriculation agreement, etc. Does this mean I was accepted but haven't gotten an email yet? Or has this section always been there? I can't remember if I saw it previously or not.
I interviewed the same day, no update on the portal. Hoping it’ll update soon, but idk if that means I got waitlisted.
I interviewed 11/14, also haven't gotten an email yet but I can see the accepted student checklist on the homepage too. Based on the other posts in this thread hopefully this means good news and we should get the official acceptance soon, but fingers crossed!I interviewed 11/29, no email yet. I checked my portal and there is an "accepted student" checklist on the homepage, which lists deposit, matriculation agreement, etc. Does this mean I was accepted but haven't gotten an email yet? Or has this section always been there? I can't remember if I saw it previously or not.
Editing to add: Just got the acceptance email!
Last edited:
got the acceptance email earlier today! 🙂I interviewed 11/29, no email yet. I checked my portal and there is an "accepted student" checklist on the homepage, which lists deposit, matriculation agreement, etc. Does this mean I was accepted but haven't gotten an email yet? Or has this section always been there? I can't remember if I saw it previously or not.
Does anyone know when the first tuition payment is due for c/o 2024?
adultingisscary
Full Member
Has anyone that interviewed on 11/29 heard back yet? I know someone did but wanted to know if anyone else had heard?
blackcatlover
UAZ CVM c/o 2027
Has anyone that was placed on the interview waitlist been taken off yet? Congrats to everyone interviewing and those accepted!
tillycat421
Full Member
I interviewed 11/14 and received my acceptance email last Friday!Has anyone who interviewed on 11/14 heard back yet, it's been 30 days for me and I have heard nothing.
Happy Holidays!
Hi, does anyone know if this MW has rejected anyone outright or if they just everyone on the waiting list until the process is over?
2002sydney
Full Member
Hey! Does anyone know about living in Glendale ? I was accepted and live in NC. At my interview they said on campus housing goes fast and I will not have a car so am not sure of where to live or about public transportation in the area.
Thank you for any help or guidance!
Thank you for any help or guidance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dvm.loading
New Member
I am a current student and can talk with you about thisHey! Does anyone know about living in Glendale ? I was accepted and live in NC. At my interview they said on campus housing goes fast and I will not have a car so am not sure of where to live or about public transportation in the area.
Thank you for any help or guidance!
finnderella
Full Member
Has anyone who interview on 11/29 received any information?
adultingisscary
Full Member
Has anyone who interview on 11/29 received any information?
I just received my acceptance email about 30 minutes ago
finnderella
Full Member
Congrats!I just received my acceptance email about 30 minutes ago
Still haven't gotten an email, but my portal now shows an accepted student checklist.
2002sydney
Full Member
Congrats!
Still haven't gotten an email, but my portal now shows an accepted student checklist.
This happened to me as well and I didn’t get me email until like a week after so I called to clarify haha
finnderella
Full Member
Got the email! Accepted!!Congrats!
Still haven't gotten an email, but my portal now shows an accepted student checklist.
2002sydney
Full Member
I have my interview next week! Any advice is appreciated🥹
It is very conversational I genuinely feel like they just want to get to know you as a real person. My interview had a lot of Demario questions about the field and life in general but I can’t remember exactly what they were anymore. Definitely just take a deep breath and be yourself [emoji1360]
finnderella
Full Member
Super conversational! They ask the basic, scripted questions, to know your actions and mindset, but other than that it was definitely not stressful at all. Time flew by and we were done before I knew it.I have my interview next week! Any advice is appreciated🥹
The ambassadors were also all suuuper sweet and very eager to talk about the school and their experiences.
Hey yall I may be planning to go to Midwestern this upcoming fall I’m just waiting on decisions from two other schools (Cornell and Florida) I heard the apartments on campus go fast . Do yall think there will be any left by mid January ? If not do any of you know of any apartments nearby within the same price range
2002sydney
Full Member
Hey yall I may be planning to go to Midwestern this upcoming fall I’m just waiting on decisions from two other schools (Cornell and Florida) I heard the apartments on campus go fast . Do yall think there will be any left by mid January ? If not do any of you know of any apartments nearby within the same price range
I am also having this problem haha I am waiting for my instate and scared housing will be gone on campus… I can send you what someone else told me
I am also having this problem haha I am waiting for my instate and scared housing will be gone on campus… I can send you what someone else told me
There is minimal on campus housing and applications opened in December. I would not rely on being able to get on campus housing.
Has anyone that was placed on the interview waitlist been taken off yet? Congrats to everyone interviewing and those accepted!
^^also wondering this!
hopefullyfuturedogtor
Full Member
Not me; still waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YellowYolk413
Full Member
Are they sending out any more interview invites? I've been on MMI hold since November and am starting to think it's a lost cause 😕
First year here! You're almost 100% guaranteed to not get on campus housing your first year. Out of ~1300 incoming students from all programs this year, only one got into on-campus housing. That being said, it doesn't hurt to try, and you'll get your deposit back if you don't get in. Unfortunately, there aren't really any housing options in the same price range unless you have roommates, and the lower cost apartments tend to be in less safe parts of town. Tour, if at all possible, before signing a lease. The good news is: they are currently building more housing! However, it likely won't be available until next year at the soonest.Hey yall I may be planning to go to Midwestern this upcoming fall I’m just waiting on decisions from two other schools (Cornell and Florida) I heard the apartments on campus go fast . Do yall think there will be any left by mid January ? If not do any of you know of any apartments nearby within the same price range
Also: If you want to live in one of the apartments next to campus (San Lagos, San Prado), they do have waitlists to get into housing that start around February/March and fill up quickly. Sage Stone does not have a waitlist, but you have to jump on unit listings when they become available. These are the big three complexes within walking distance.
futurevetgirl1212
Full Member
Anyone know if there are specific DVM in-person preview days?
adultingisscary
Full Member
Has anyone solidified their decision on attending Midwestern next year?