Midwestern University c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone that interviewed 1/10 receive no email? Also do they send an email letting you know that you’re waitlisted.
Check your portal. Mostly people find out through their portal instead of the email. That’s how I found out about my acceptance. If you haven’t received an email you may get one 2-3 days later about denial, or waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Also was 1/10 their last batch of interviews or do they still have more? Does anybody else have an interview scheduled that’s on this forum ? Just curious due to having a friend that’s waitlisted

Did anyone that interviewed 1/10 receive no email? Also do they send an email letting you know that you’re waitlisted.
My portal showed an "accepted student checklist" before I got the email. Email didn't come until 3-4 days afterward.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those who were accepted !!
As someone on the interview waitlist, I was curious if there is going to be another interview round/session or if they are all complete and I can finally accept defeat lol

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed on 1/10 not heard anything? I know some people have but just wondering if I’m the only one.

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/10 not heard anything? I know some people have but just wondering if I’m the only one.
I haven’t heard back yet, I know some people haven’t either. I emailed admissions Monday and they said the committee met again on Tuesday and that we will hopefully hear back by the end of the week. Did anyone get a rejection or waitlist email that interviewed 1/10?

I haven’t heard back yet, I know some people haven’t either. I emailed admissions Monday and they said the committee met again on Tuesday and that we will hopefully hear back by the end of the week. Did anyone get a rejection or waitlist email that interviewed 1/10?

Thank you for the information. I was honestly freaking out because I hadn’t heard anything.

Congrats to all those who were accepted !!
As someone on the interview waitlist, I was curious if there is going to be another interview round/session or if they are all complete and I can finally accept defeat lol
Lol same, I wish they would just email me a rejection already :,)

OOS acceptance, portal updated before I got an email! I interviewed 1/10

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get accepted and believe you're going to Midwestern, don't forget to join the groupme so you can meet your prospective class!

Anybody else receive a waitlist email back in Oct and have never heard anything else? If so, what are you doing? Reaching out to them?

Anybody else receive a waitlist email back in Oct and have never heard anything else? If so, what are you doing? Reaching out to them?
I’ve been on there since November and I reached out one time and all they told me was the waitlist isn’t ranked and they review it on an “as needed” basis. So I honestly decided to move on from them. :/

Well a few people said they declined their seats. So far nobody on the forum has said they got pulled off . It could be that since we are still in the interview process that the people who declined their seats just opened up opportunities for them to accept more students in the next interview cycle ? They mentioned the waitlist as a you would be considered in the decision making process if you seemed as a better candidate than the ones that interviewed . Then they would pull you. I hope yall hear something soon !! That really sucks that they won’t specify more into detail

1707225513260.png
Dear $first_name…

I'm sorry :( that's wild that they let that get through to you without proofing it.
I know, I'm wondering if I should reply and ask if they sent that to the right person? I mean I’m sure they did but might as well let them know one of their systems isn’t working

Unfortunately I’ve been noticing their differences/typos when I got my acceptance letter I noticed it didn’t even say my name but other applicants either got their entire name in the letter or their first name. At the time it felt like a big deal because I wish the system or person put some effort to put my name but at the end of the day it is what it is . That really sucks for you I wish they had the courtesy to erase it.

I’m curious as to why they’d send denials to some people on the interview waitlist before others if they’re fully done with interviews for the cycle. I guess maybe they’re just working through, but it seems like it would’ve been a mass notification.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got my "end of cycle" denial email and at least it had my name on it :| still very odd for how the notifications are going out and having some of them missing names is frustrating.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I was about to say nevermind, just got it
Wonder if they do file reviews?

• Care
People who are on the alternative list has anything changed for you guys

I just got accepted to Ross and I really don’t wanna travel that far and need to know if the list is moving and if anyone has called them

I just got accepted to Ross and I really don’t wanna travel that far and need to know if the list is moving and if anyone has called them
My friend is also on the alternate list and she hasn’t heard anything. I’m not sure if she has contacted them but I’m sure they would just say that they do not have a rank to give out. Worst scenario you accept Ross , pay the deposit and if you hear from Midwestern after April 15th you can accept their offer. The only downside is losing your deposit at Ross. From what they start pulling February and March due to people hearing from their in state school or other options. They start pulling even more after the deadline

To any current students at Midwestern who are interested in specializing, would you mind messaging me?

Has anybody on the waitlist heard anything back? (At least the people on the forum)

Just declined my seat! Hope someone on the waitlist gets good news!!

Has any one heard from the school about updates?
No I’m sorry, I totally forgot to ask faculty about the waitlist when I visited the program. From what I am aware the waitlist should be with rolling admissions

You know I started thinking on another reason why people haven’t been called off the waitlist (at least in the forum) I think a lot of schools over accept students therefore when people decline their spot they may be waiting for the numbers to go below the class size ( if that makes sense)