Midwestern University - Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just booked my stay on oct. 10th at drury inn as well! nervous!

Members don't see this ad.

For people interviewing on 9/27, it seems it'll be almost 100 degrees when we're there, and I think we will be touring the campus. Do you all plan on taking off your suit jackets and just wearing a long sleeve blouse or just sticking it through with the jacket on?

Only 100 degrees? I'm from Phoenix, that means it's finally cooling down!! I guess I will see how relaxed the environment of the interview is. From what I have read from previous years, the process is pretty relaxed and comfortable. I can imagine the administration will understand not everyone is from Phoenix, and will limit outdoor exposure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only 100 degrees? I'm from Phoenix, that means it's finally cooling down!! I guess I will see how relaxed the environment of the interview is. From what I have read from previous years, the process is pretty relaxed and comfortable. I can imagine the administration will understand not everyone is from Phoenix, and will limit outdoor exposure.
I'm a P1 at Midwestern. Yes it is starting to cool down. haha. The interview process is also by a pharmacy student and it is very relaxed. lol. You can take off your suit jackets for the tour and just put it back on when you go inside. It won't be a big deal.

Good luck at interviews next week guys!

I am also interviewing on Oct 11th, staying at the Drury Inn as well. See you all there :)

My interview is in two days and just realized that my suit jacket isn't mean to be buttoned (ie. doesn't button). Does anyone think this is a big deal? This is my first interview so I'm sure that I'm defiantly over thinking things but I don't want to look like a slob.

My interview is in two days and just realized that my suit jacket isn't mean to be buttoned (ie. doesn't button). Does anyone think this is a big deal? This is my first interview so I'm sure that I'm defiantly over thinking things but I don't want to look like a slob.

As long as it looks nice and professional, I'm sure a button or thereof, wouldn't make a difference. I'm sure you'll look immaculate. Go knock 'em dead! :)

Those who had their interviews today, please don't forget to share how the experience went. Thanks! :)

Those who had their interviews today, please don't forget to share how the experience went. Thanks! :)

I had my interview on Friday and it was pretty laid back. They changed the format to 3 on 1 instead of 3 on 3, but it was a pretty short interview. There was a lot of waiting around though which was kind of a bummer and made the day feel a little longer. Good luck to those who have interviews!

I had my interview on Friday and it was pretty laid back. They changed the format to 3 on 1 instead of 3 on 3, but it was a pretty short interview. There was a lot of waiting around though which was kind of a bummer and made the day feel a little longer. Good luck to those who have interviews!

Thanks for updating us on the process. :) It's interesting that they decided to change it to an individual interview instead of a group interview... I wonder if that's going to be the case from here on out? Anyway, thanks again for the update, and best of luck to you on any other interviews you may have! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing on 09/30? :p

Good luck with your interview tomorrow! :) Please confirm whether or not this cycle's interviews have been changed to 3 on 1 instead of 3 on 3. Thanks! :)

I just interviewed on Friday as well, and all interviews were 3 on 1. The dean said this was the new system they would be using so that students wouldn't feel like they were competing again each other. For a basic walk through... At some point, early morning or late morning depending on your group number, you will be called into the interview room. There they will introduce themselves (2 faculty and a 2nd or 3rd year student), you introduce yourself, and they ask you 3 or 4 basic interview questions. Nothing to sweat, they aren't there to try and trick you. Then they let you ask them a few questions. They stick to a 20 minute time limit, and that seems to fly by. It is a VERY relaxed environment and once you experience it, you will wonder why you were anxious at all, in the first place.

Also, they say that continental breakfast is provided. I suggest you eat before you go. There are some random snacks around the waiting room, but definitely not a superior continental breakfast. Lunch is pretty decent though, there are plenty of selections. Good luck everyone that is interviewing tomorrow!

I just interviewed on Friday as well, and all interviews were 3 on 1. The dean said this was the new system they would be using so that students wouldn't feel like they were competing again each other. For a basic walk through... At some point, early morning or late morning depending on your group number, you will be called into the interview room. There they will introduce themselves (2 faculty and a 2nd or 3rd year student), you introduce yourself, and they ask you 3 or 4 basic interview questions. Nothing to sweat, they aren't there to try and trick you. Then they let you ask them a few questions. They stick to a 20 minute time limit, and that seems to fly by. It is a VERY relaxed environment and once you experience it, you will wonder why you were anxious at all, in the first place.

Thanks for the update, SgtSunDevil! Good luck on any other interviews you may have. :)

Good luck with your interview tomorrow! :) Please confirm whether or not this cycle's interviews have been changed to 3 on 1 instead of 3 on 3. Thanks! :)
I just had my interview today! and it does look like the interview process changed to a 3-to-1 vs. the 3-to-3! I will quote SgtSunDevil's scenario as what the procedure was like for today's interview as well, but I was a bit more nerve-wrecked haha.

The environment is very relaxed though, so I think it just depends on your nervousness haha. Good luck to everyone who is applying and interviewing!! The admissions committee is supposedly meeting tomorrow (according to the assistant dean)

And if anyone else interviewed today, nice to have met you! And good luck to us all :D KIT!

I just had my interview today! and it does look like the interview process changed to a 3-to-1 vs. the 3-to-3! I will quote SgtSunDevil's scenario as what the procedure was like for today's interview as well, but I was a bit more nerve-wrecked haha.

The environment is very relaxed though, so I think it just depends on your nervousness haha. Good luck to everyone who is applying and interviewing!! The admissions committee is supposedly meeting tomorrow (according to the assistant dean)

And if anyone else interviewed today, nice to have met you! And good luck to us all :D KIT!

You are awesome! Thanks for the update. :) I'm sure you'll become inure to the process and won't be as nervous on your next interview. Good luck with the rest of your interviews! :)

Stayed in Drury Inn on Pinnacle Peak for Monday's interview. There's not much of anything around this hotel, but I recommend taking the SuperShuttle to get yourself from and to the Airport. Super shuttle is about $25, which you can reserve online and go to the pick up area while you exit the airport. Oh, and Drury has a driver that will take you to the interview and drive you back to the hotel. Good luck.

I just got accepted to Midwestern Glendale!!!! Check your portals everyone and good luck : )

Last edited:
I just got accepted to Midwestern Glendale!!!! Check your portals everyone and good luck : )
CONGRATTTTTULATIONS! :D

How did you receive it? Was it the change in the Midwestern Online "Accepted Student Checklist"? :oops:

*nvm.. you edited after I posted :oops:

CONGRATTTTTULATIONS! :D

How did you receive it? Was it the change in the Midwestern Online "Accepted Student Checklist"? :oops:

*nvm.. you edited after I posted :oops:
Thanks. I checked the portal and the status changed to accepted student with the option to pay deposit. I interviewed Friday, 9/27.

I've been checking my portal throughout the day and it has been slowly updating. I just checked again and BOOM, I have a deposit due! Now I just want the call to make it official. Congrats to those already accepted!

Last edited:
I've been checking my portal throughout the day and it has been slowly updating. I just checked again and BOOM, I have a deposit due! Now I just want the call to make it official. Congrats to those already accepted!
Same!!

Congrats :))

And good luck to everyone applying/interviewing in a few weeks :D

My portal changed as well to accepted! Has anyone received the phone call yet?

It should say under 'Accepted Applicant Checklist', to the left of the $1000! There is a date (mines is 10/25/2013) which is the last date to turn in the deposit!

But like the Assistant Dean said - it is possible to ask for an extension (I believe he said it was a few weeks!) if you need it.

Yay, congrats!! :)

For those who already had their interview, did you receive generic questions like tell me about yourself, why MWU, why pharmacy, etc., or did they ask anything else? I've already gone through the interview feedback on here, but was just wondering what kind of questions people got this year :)

I interviewed 9/27 and was asked three questions:

Why Pharmacy?
What qualities does a pharmacist need to have?
Why Midwestern?

In the interview, they said that everyone is asked the same questions to keep it fair. I dont know if that means just that day.

Good Luck!

Jimmysgirls & Member 225: Thank you for your responses and for the kind encouragment, it certainly gives me a glimmer of hope. I called the school and explained my situation, and they recommend that I retake it. I will go ahead and put in my application with my current score while retaking the PCAT in a month. I wish you both the best of luck at your interviews!

I think you should just go and apply. my reading was under 30 because I didn't finish and I applied and got interview invites from cpg and ccp. I think you have a very good chance at an interview. good luck!

I think you should just go and apply. my reading was under 30 because I didn't finish and I applied and got interview invites from cpg and ccp. I think you have a very good chance at an interview. good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! I recently submitted my application, so now the nail-biting wait begins. :D Good luck with your interviews! :)

Why Pharmacy?
Why Midwestern?

In the interview, they said that everyone is asked the same questions to keep it fair. I dont know if that means just that day.

Good Luck!

Around what time did the day end?

Last edited:
Around what time did the day end?
About 2:00. They will give you a schedule for the day. After lunch there is a panel of students who answer questions followed by a presentation by the dean.

About 2:00. They will give you a schedule for the day. After lunch there is a panel of students who answer questions followed by a presentation by the dean.

Ok. My flight takes off at 425PM Friday. Do you think I have enough time to go from campus to the airport (also need to return my rental car)? Thanks

I think it will be close but yes. The dean went a little over on his presentation but he asked if anyone needed to leave. It shouldn't take you more then 30min to get to the airport.

Ok. My flight takes off at 425PM Friday. Do you think I have enough time to go from campus to the airport (also need to return my rental car)? Thanks
nickotine- you're cutting it too close with 4:25pm flight since you never know about security and check-in lines at airport especially being Friday. I was in the same situation on my interview day but glad I picked the later flight at 6:30pm. Good luck!

Why Pharmacy?
Why Midwestern?

Good Luck!

Awesome! Thank you

nickotine- you're cutting it too close with 4:25pm flight since you never know about security and check-in lines at airport especially being Friday. I was in the same situation on my interview day but glad I picked the later flight at 6:30pm. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I don't have any luggage to check, only a carryon. I can head straight to the security check-in line.

Stayed in Drury Inn on Pinnacle Peak for Monday's interview. There's not much of anything around this hotel, but I recommend taking the SuperShuttle to get yourself from and to the Airport. Super shuttle is about $25, which you can reserve online and go to the pick up area while you exit the airport. Oh, and Drury has a driver that will take you to the interview and drive you back to the hotel. Good luck.
nvm. got it :)

Last edited:
Any good place for dinner in Glendale/Pheonix?

Any good place for dinner in Glendale/Pheonix?

Not sure what kind of food you like but if you like wings and are tired of bw3 we have Native New yorker. Their food is great. there are several locations but on the way to the airport there is on just off the I17 south of peoria ave I believe on the east frontage road. We also have Black Angus which has great steaks and also several locations. I have yet to find a unique to Phoenix spot to eat and I have lived her 5 years

Got accepted at Rosalind Franklin, which is much closer to home for me. I'm cancelling my interview, so someone else should be getting a spot soon :cool: :D

Has anyone else accepted the offer at Midwestern? This school was my first choice, so I accepted and paid my deposit. I'm just wondering who, if anyone on here, I will be meeting at orientation in May?!

Has anyone else accepted the offer at Midwestern? This school was my first choice, so I accepted and paid my deposit. I'm just wondering who, if anyone on here, I will be meeting at orientation in May?![/QUOTE

Just curious how much was the deposit this year?