Midwestern University MABS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NIKK234

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I just got into the program for Fall of 2022 and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the program? How is the linkage for the DO school? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Is this for AZ or IL campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I applied to the AZ campus but haven't heard back yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! I applied to the AZ campus but haven't heard back yet.
Thank you!Do you know anything about the linkages between the program and the schools? Is it different between campuses?

Thank you!Do you know anything about the linkages between the program and the schools? Is it different between campuses?
Congrats on your acceptance! I am sending in my application next week.

I only know of one linkage called the Bridges program to the AZ campus that is exclusively for URM/disadvantaged applicants. There are 3 different applications to complete in one cycle and you have to get accepted by all 3: MABS, AACOMAS, and the Bridges applications. Same admissions process to medical school (primary, secondary, interview). Meet their conditional acceptance policy through the MABS program to be eligible for direct matriculation to AZCOM.

I only know of one linkage called the Bridges program to the AZ campus that is exclusively for URM/disadvantaged applicants. There are 3 different applications to complete in one cycle and you have to get accepted by all 3: MABS, AACOMAS, and the Bridges applications. Same admissions process to medical school (primary, secondary, interview). Meet their conditional acceptance policy through the MABS program to be eligible for direct matriculation to AZCOM.
Thank you for telling me this! The director of the program actually sent out a list of linkages exclusively for MABS about a month ago! Good luck in the application process!

Thank you for telling me this! The director of the program actually sent out a list of linkages exclusively for MABS about a month ago! Good luck in the application process!
Can you please advise what these linkages are?

Yes! There is a linkage for the dental school, AZCOM without bridge and the bridge program! There is also a guarantee interview at CCOM and AZCOM if you earn 3.0 in the program and score within one deviation point from the class average ( this score has not been determined yet)

Yes! There is a linkage for the dental school, AZCOM without bridge and the bridge program! There is also a guarantee interview at CCOM and AZCOM if you earn 3.0 in the program and score within one deviation point from the class average ( this score has not been determined yet)
Ty for info! By any chance, did the email you received from program director inform you what are the conditions needed for linkage acceptance into azcom without bridges program? i saw for bridges program you need a 3.2 gpa in program and 490 mcat for guaranteed acceptance (not guaranteed interview).

Was accepted to the program IL campus, but will be declining.

Ty for info! By any chance, did the email you received from program director inform you what are the conditions needed for linkage acceptance into azcom without bridges program? i saw for bridges program you need a 3.2 gpa in program and 490 mcat for guaranteed acceptance (not guaranteed interview).
Yes you need a 3.4 in the program and mcat is still the same!

Members don't see this ad :)

For the bridges program when would you start Azcom? Do you have to do a full gap year?

For the bridges program when would you start Azcom? Do you have to do a full gap year?
This is a criteria for Bridges program: "Successfully complete the Biomedical Sciences Program by the summer quarter prior to the start of AZCOM fall quarter classes." According to this and to my understanding, since you're sending in AACOMAS application the same year as completing the Master's, you will be matriculating directly to the DO program the following academic term after you graduate from the master's program.

Can anyone share their stats for their acceptance to this program?
I am applying to it and my undergrad GPA is slightly less than a 3.0 :/

This is a criteria for Bridges program: "Successfully complete the Biomedical Sciences Program by the summer quarter prior to the start of AZCOM fall quarter classes." According to this and to my understanding, since you're sending in AACOMAS application the same year as completing the Master's, you will be matriculating directly to the DO program the following academic term after you graduate from the master's program.
Thanks! Did you apply to Bridges? Has anyone here applied to bridges?

Thanks! Did you apply to Bridges? Has anyone here applied to bridges?
No problem! Yes, I will be applying.

I have a high sGPA, but low MCAT. Their minimum is 2.75 and average for 2019 was 3.2. How is your exam score?

Hi! I was accepted with a below 3.0 gpa undergrad!

No problem! Yes, I will be applying.

I have a high sGPA, but low MCAT. Their minimum is 2.75 and average for 2019 was 3.2. How is your exam score?
it was a 489 and taken in September 2021. Do you think I have a shot?

it was a 489 and taken in September 2021. Do you think I have a shot?
If you're planning on matriculating to medical school, you'll need to consider retaking that. Fortunately, they didn't specify a minimum score for the master's program. However, from the x amount of virtual information sessions, webinars, and open houses I have attended hosted by different schools, it's really hard to say based solely on your score. If you've hit the minimum GPA without any C-'s or below, you're still considered "eligible" for the program. I'd imagine it'll depend on your LORs, experiences, and their mission fit at this point. I would still recommend making an advising appointment with their admissions counselors to get more of your specific questions answered!

Does anyone know if CCOM has the same articulation agreements with the MA program as AZCOM does? It seems AZCOM holds fifty spots for students.

I am just now graduating from the MABS and am in Bridges, let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
I am just now graduating from the MABS and am in Bridges, let me know if you have any questions!
Woo congratulations! Can you speak more about your general experience with MABS and about the Bridges program?

Just got an email stating I was placed on the alternate list. Is all hope lost to start in Fall 2022?
Is there anyone that has gotten off this list and then been accepted?
They mentioned in the email if I wanted to switch to the 21 month program..
What should I do 😭😭

Just got an email stating I was placed on the alternate list. Is all hope lost to start in Fall 2022?
Is there anyone that has gotten off this list and then been accepted?
They mentioned in the email if I wanted to switch to the 21 month program..
What should I do 😭😭
I just declined my offer. Hope it goes out to one of you on the waitlist, good luck!

Woo congratulations! Can you speak more about your general experience with MABS and about the Bridges program?
Thank you! So I'll speak on Bridges first, I am in the Osteopathic Bridges Program, I got interviewed in late July-ish and got my acceptance in October. The program is nice and you defintley feel extremely supported, you have constant contact with the deans, and you get many many resources that your peers may not even know about.

In terms of MABS, it is HARD. Like the hardest I have ever worked in my life. I met with my dean, and they told me that Midwestern MABS is one of the hardest SMP compared to almost every other school because of the course load and content. You will be taking medical school level classes whether you are pre-med or pre-dental. With that being said, it is NOT impossible to succeed. All this program needs is your time. In undergrad I studied maybe 2-3 hours a day. In this program I study 8-9 hours every single day. You get used to and you start to see success. Getting a goof GPA is of pivotal importance for both Bridges and for the Matriculation Agreement if you choose to go that route. Overall though, graduating in a few weeks from MABS and starting Medical School in the Fall, I feel extremely prepared. There is not an ounce of nervousness and I am confident I would be able to manage. MABS gave me that, I did not have that confidence before. Additionally, simply stating I was going to Midwestern MABS on my applications granted me so many interviews this cycle. I got way more interviews than last cycle. I certainly recommend applying concurrently with taking this program.

Let me know if you have any other questions happy to help my fellow future colleagues/

Hey I was just accepted to the MABS program today and was hoping to get some information. Is there any guaranteed acceptance or interview to AZCOM or CCOM at certain thresholds of GPA and MCAT achieved through the MABS program? I am not URM so I cannot apply to the Bridges program and I was wondering if there are any other linkage agreements through this program?

Hey I was just accepted to the MABS program today and was hoping to get some information. Is there any guaranteed acceptance or interview to AZCOM or CCOM at certain thresholds of GPA and MCAT achieved through the MABS program? I am not URM so I cannot apply to the Bridges program and I was wondering if there are any other linkage agreements through this program?
Congrats on your acceptance! Here is the link to their articulation agreement. Unfortunately, it is vague for the MCAT requirement and depends on the stats each year. You also don't need to be URM if you have other disadvantages. Are you first gen, were you economically or educationally at a disadvantage growing up?

Hey! They sent us a email saying the required mcat for the guarantee interview will be announced in September and you have to be within one deviation point. Usually it’s the average of the incoming class!

Congrats on your acceptance! Here is the link to their articulation agreement. Unfortunately, it is vague for the MCAT requirement and depends on the stats each year. You also don't need to be URM if you have other disadvantages. Are you first gen, were you economically or educationally at a disadvantage growing up?
I did not have other disadvantages so the Bridges program does not work for me it seems. I just talked to the admission counselor and she told me that last year they had 73/98 students in last year's class matriculate into AZCOM. I wanted to know if there are any current or previous students in the program right now that can shed some light on how hard it is to do well and also get an acceptance to AZCOM.

I did not have other disadvantages so the Bridges program does not work for me it seems. I just talked to the admission counselor and she told me that last year they had 73/98 students in last year's class matriculate into AZCOM. I wanted to know if there are any current or previous students in the program right now that can shed some light on how hard it is to do well and also get an acceptance to AZCOM.
Is this only for the masters program in AZ or can you apply to Azcom from the Chicago campus as well?

Did the counselor say this was only for the Arizona campus MABS or combined with IL?

Do you know when the MABS students find out if they are accepted to CCOM or azcom?
So I’m not entirely sure what exact month or anything. But I do know you are given your guaranteed interview after the winter quarter grades are posted ( assuming you qualify) and that ends in the beginning of February. So I assume you interview late February/ early March and the find out late March/ early April? I’m not entirely sure but that’s what I assume since this years class already knows if they were accepted by now

Did the counselor say this was only for the Arizona campus MABS or combined with IL?
I did not ask that question and she didn't tell me anything about it either sorry.

Does anyone also know when the first week of classes is? I sorta had a panic attack when I searched up the academic calendar and saw June 1st and May 23rd as starting dates, but I believe this program goes Fall, Winter, and Spring.

Also are there any accepted or current students who can give me some insight on the housing situation and how I can start looking for places to live?

Thank you! So I'll speak on Bridges first, I am in the Osteopathic Bridges Program, I got interviewed in late July-ish and got my acceptance in October. The program is nice and you defintley feel extremely supported, you have constant contact with the deans, and you get many many resources that your peers may not even know about.

In terms of MABS, it is HARD. Like the hardest I have ever worked in my life. I met with my dean, and they told me that Midwestern MABS is one of the hardest SMP compared to almost every other school because of the course load and content. You will be taking medical school level classes whether you are pre-med or pre-dental. With that being said, it is NOT impossible to succeed. All this program needs is your time. In undergrad I studied maybe 2-3 hours a day. In this program I study 8-9 hours every single day. You get used to and you start to see success. Getting a goof GPA is of pivotal importance for both Bridges and for the Matriculation Agreement if you choose to go that route. Overall though, graduating in a few weeks from MABS and starting Medical School in the Fall, I feel extremely prepared. There is not an ounce of nervousness and I am confident I would be able to manage. MABS gave me that, I did not have that confidence before. Additionally, simply stating I was going to Midwestern MABS on my applications granted me so many interviews this cycle. I got way more interviews than last cycle. I certainly recommend applying concurrently with taking this program.

Let me know if you have any other questions happy to help my fellow future colleagues/
Hey, congrats. Is there anything besides being an urm or having other disadvantages and meeting the minimum mcat and gpa and maintaing the 3.2 gpa during the masters that affects whether you get into the bridges program. It almost seems like a guarantee so Im wondering why they waited until October to let you know. Is it because there is only a certain number of spots available for it and some who qualify dont get in?

Hey, congrats. Is there anything besides being an urm or having other disadvantages and meeting the minimum mcat and gpa and maintaing the 3.2 gpa during the masters that affects whether you get into the bridges program. It almost seems like a guarantee so Im wondering why they waited until October to let you know. Is it because there is only a certain number of spots available for it and some who qualify dont get in?
Hey! I talked to the bridges coordinator and a person who has been accepted to the program. Spots are super limited ( like less than 10) so I assume there’s more applicants than that.

Hey! I talked to the bridges coordinator and a person who has been accepted to the program. Spots are super limited ( like less than 10) so I assume there’s more applicants than that.

I talked to someone in admissions and she told me 21/24 people were accepted... Who has the correct numbers here?

The having to start the MABS program and not knowing if you're accepted into Bridges until 1-2 months in makes me nervous.

I talked to someone in admissions and she told me 21/24 people were accepted... Who has the correct numbers here?

The having to start the MABS program and not knowing if you're accepted into Bridges until 1-2 months in makes me nervous.
Hey! I think that’s total. It’s about 10 per campus? That’s what I heard so that seems about right!

Hi :) This is a question for everyone that already in the program.. but have you guys heard of someone being accepted in the MBS who then starts in the MABS program? The MBS is 22 months while MABS is 9 months.
I had applied to MABS, then I was wait-listed for the MABS but shortly after I was accepted into the MBS program.

I would really love to do MABS cause of the shorter time frame. But If I am not accepted to it, do you guys have any input on the MBS program?
I couldn't find a separate thread for it, that's why I am asking here.

Also are there any pros or cons between the AZ vs the Illinois campus?
I will be moving from Florida, so I am just looking for some insider info about the local vibe for each campus :)

Thank you for your help :)

Can you clarify the whole application/acceptance process? I'm still confused even after talking to admissions :/

You interview for Bridges and then that's it as long as you meet the GPA requirements to matriculate to AZCOM? If you're not concurrently applying to other schools the year you're in MABS/Bridges, do you just submit AACOMAS to Midwestern in the spring as a formality?

is there FB group for accepted students for the Arizona or Illinois campus?

hey guys! I just found this thread but i was accepted to the MABS program in AZ and will most likely be attending. does anyone know how competitive the bridges program is? I've already applied to AZCOM but am wondering if i just email? the bridges app materials in

hey guys! I just found this thread but i was accepted to the MABS program in AZ and will most likely be attending. does anyone know how competitive the bridges program is? I've already applied to AZCOM but am wondering if i just email? the bridges app materials in
Hey, when did you submit your MABS app?