Midwestern vet c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halocat

Cornell CVM c/o 2026
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I got an interview invite a few days ago, it will be my first interview before Ross so I am looking for some insight and tips.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an email for the interview, or do you have to check the portal regularly?

Hoping to turn in my application today or tomorrow! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Did you apply through VMCAS? If so, when did you’d unlit your application?
Hi sorry for late response! I handed in my application around September 20th and got an interview a few days later. Admissions is rolling basis so I feel like you should hear something back soon

I'm not sure about anyone else but I had my interview and they got back to me within a week I got in :)
How did the interview go? I have it in two weeks and have not done an interview yet so Im nervous!
Also - what were your stats if you don't mind me asking

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi sorry for late response! I handed in my application around September 20th and got an interview a few days later. Admissions is rolling basis so I feel like you should hear something back soon
Did you mean August 20th? I submitted my application August 26th and now I'm worried after you said that. I just wasn’t sure when they accessed VMCAS applications since they had their own!

Made my portal yesterday, fingers crossed for an interview invite!!

Did you mean August 20th? I submitted my application August 26th and now I'm worried after you said that. I just wasn’t sure when they accessed VMCAS applications since they had their own!
Sorry yes August 20th! But dont be worried, Im sure they are still going through everyones

How did the interview go? I have it in two weeks and have not done an interview yet so Im nervous!
Also - what were your stats if you don't mind me asking
Hey! My stats are really average tbh.
Overall: 3.51
Science: 3.50
Last 45: 3.88
Veterinary experience: 1200
The Major classes (Orgo, Physics, Chem 1 and 2, Genetics, and Molecular Biology): 3.90

The interview was really relaxed but i was SUPER nervous so just be relaxed honestly

Just got waitlisted for an interview

• Care
I'm so sorry ): When did y'all submit your application??

Hey everyone! Does anyone have an in-person interview in October? It always feels better going into the interview knowing someone.

Anyone that is on the pre interview waitlist get offered an interview?

Verified on 9/9. Just logged into my portal and was offered an interview! (No email received, just saw it by logging into my account!)
I can't believe it!

Reactions: 3 users
I have the option for an in-person interview on Oct. 7 or a virtual one on Nov. 18. I'd like to do the virtual one as flight prices are astronomical when purchasing a week in advance...but on the same token, I'm nervous I'd have less of a chance of getting in if I pick a month later due to rolling admissions.....anyone have any feedback??

I have the option for an in-person interview on Oct. 7 or a virtual one on Nov. 18. I'd like to do the virtual one as flight prices are astronomical when purchasing a week in advance...but on the same token, I'm nervous I'd have less of a chance of getting in if I pick a month later due to rolling admissions.....anyone have any feedback??
I would honestly pick virtual. I found being able to do the interview in my home was more relaxing. No traveling and overthinking during a flight and on a drive there. Just wake up get ready and look your best and put your best foot out there.

I submitted my application in August, and got an email August 27 that all of my application materials had been received but I have heard nothing since... Is anyone in the same boat? Since people are being offered/waitlisted for interviews that submitted after me I'm assuming this is not a good sign for me but think it's weird I just wouldn't have been denied?

Submitted my application on 9/18 (was already verified when I submitted) and received an interview invite by email at like 3:00am Eastern time !

Got my Acceptance Letter Email Today!!!!!! I'm freaking out! Good luck to everyone and it will appear on your portal first!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I submitted my application in August, and got an email August 27 that all of my application materials had been received but I have heard nothing since... Is anyone in the same boat? Since people are being offered/waitlisted for interviews that submitted after me I'm assuming this is not a good sign for me but think it's weird I just wouldn't have been denied?
I'm in the same boat. Hoping no news is good news for now!

Interview waitlist email at 4am Eastern time.

I submitted on 9/17 verified on 9/21 but last letter of rec was submitted on 9/29

• Care
Hi Everyone! I have my interview w/ midwestern the first week of November, any tips or advise on the interview?

Got my Acceptance Letter Email Today!!!!!! I'm freaking out! Good luck to everyone and it will appear on your portal first!
Do you remember when your portal updated vs when you got a call/email? My portal just updated sometime this afternoon or early evening, and it gave me a new list found under the "Post-Accepted: Accepted" checklist with matriculation info and I am assuming this is my confirmation, I'm just kind of still freaking out haha.

• Love
Do you remember when your portal updated vs when you got a call/email? My portal just updated sometime this afternoon or early evening, and it gave me a new list found under the "Post-Accepted: Accepted" checklist with matriculation info and I am assuming this is my confirmation, I'm just kind of still freaking out haha.
I got an email in the afternoon the day after the portal. CONGRATS ON BEING ACCEPTED!!!!!

CONGRATS ON GETTING IN WOOOOOOOO

Has anyone who interviewed on Sept 22 heard back? They said I could hear back as early as one week but probably around 3-4 weeks and it's been over a month so I'm getting worried...

Hello everyone!
I got an interview invite a couple of weeks ago and will be interviewed on January 20th. I am a first-time OOS applicant, and I submitted my application on September 14th. Good luck to everyone here!

Has anyone who interviewed on Sept 22 heard back? They said I could hear back as early as one week but probably around 3-4 weeks and it's been over a month so I'm getting worried...
I interviewed in person October 6, its been 3 weeks, I'm still waiting to hear back, they told me I'd hear back in 2 weeks :( Hopefully, no news is good news for now

Interviewed on Oct 6 and found out through my portal on Oct 29 that I got accepted, feel free to ask any questions, happy to help!

I interviewed October 6th as well in person and received my acceptance this weekend via email. Midwestern is one of my top schools. I interviewed with two others the last few weeks. One of those schools is my top choice and I really want to get in there! I still have 5 more schools to hear from. Two others have noted that we will be apprised of our status mid-December, i.e. Interview, Waitlisted, or Declined. Good luck to all.

any advice for the interview? I have mine this month!

any advice for the interview? I have mine this month!
First be yourself. My interview was very situational based and 'cold'. Notes were being taken and little to no interaction. It was NOT what I was expecting. Matter of fact, I was incredibly nervous. So much so, I was visibly shaking and my voice cracked a few times. One of the interviewers then asked, IMO, a calming question so I could get settled. That definitely helped. My biggest concern was just articulating my thoughts and not allowing my mouth to run faster than my mind. I definitely went to this site and practiced, practiced, practiced. I went through the previous Midwestern C/O's and searched for interview. I probably spent hours on this interview with my father acting as an interviewer. It was my very first interview so maybe that is why I was so nervous. I also reviewed my application and knew it very well. They asked questions about experiences, the usual 'Why a Vet' / 'Why Midwestern' / 'Strengths'. I would suggest studying a lot about Zoonotic diseases in the US, what Ag Vets / FSVM does, a time you were resilient, what you think a Vet career includes (especially if you have vet tech / assistant experience), etc. I went in person and it was very much worth it. The school's facilities are outstanding, it has One Health which I specifically want in my program and has clinical right from the get go. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!!

• Love
I received acceptance to Glasgow over the weekend and also received my acceptance to Midwestern in the mail today. I will be attending Glasgow, is my #1 school, and will be declining my offer to Midwestern. Good luck to all of you and I hope someone on the waitlist ultimately gets my spot!

Has anyone received an interview invite lately?? Also congrats to those getting accepted today 🎉