You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern vet c/o 2026 hopefuls
Started by Halocat
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello!!Good luck everyone!!
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
Hey! I got an interview invite a few days ago, it will be my first interview before Ross so I am looking for some insight and tips.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted867257
Hey guys! I'm a current 4th year and happy to answer any questions I can to help out!
When did you hear from Ross???Hey! I got an interview invite a few days ago, it will be my first interview before Ross so I am looking for some insight and tips.
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
Hey about a week ago I think, I scheduled my interview for the end of this monthWhen did you hear from Ross???
Did you apply through VMCAS? If so, when did you’d unlit your application?Hey about a week ago I think, I scheduled my interview for the end of this month
I'm not sure about anyone else but I had my interview and they got back to me within a week I got in 🙂Good luck everyone!!
Hoping to turn in my application today or tomorrow! Good luck everyone 🙂
They send you an emailDid you get an email for the interview, or do you have to check the portal regularly?
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
Hi sorry for late response! I handed in my application around September 20th and got an interview a few days later. Admissions is rolling basis so I feel like you should hear something back soonDid you apply through VMCAS? If so, when did you’d unlit your application?
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
How did the interview go? I have it in two weeks and have not done an interview yet so Im nervous!I'm not sure about anyone else but I had my interview and they got back to me within a week I got in 🙂
Also - what were your stats if you don't mind me asking
Did you mean August 20th? I submitted my application August 26th and now I'm worried after you said that. I just wasn’t sure when they accessed VMCAS applications since they had their own!Hi sorry for late response! I handed in my application around September 20th and got an interview a few days later. Admissions is rolling basis so I feel like you should hear something back soon
Made my portal yesterday, fingers crossed for an interview invite!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
Sorry yes August 20th! But dont be worried, Im sure they are still going through everyonesDid you mean August 20th? I submitted my application August 26th and now I'm worried after you said that. I just wasn’t sure when they accessed VMCAS applications since they had their own!
Hey! My stats are really average tbh.How did the interview go? I have it in two weeks and have not done an interview yet so Im nervous!
Also - what were your stats if you don't mind me asking
Overall: 3.51
Science: 3.50
Last 45: 3.88
Veterinary experience: 1200
The Major classes (Orgo, Physics, Chem 1 and 2, Genetics, and Molecular Biology): 3.90
The interview was really relaxed but i was SUPER nervous so just be relaxed honestly
Waitlisted for interview. Bummer!
Just got waitlisted for an interview
I'm so sorry ): When did y'all submit your application??
D
deleted1117156
Hey everyone! Does anyone have an in-person interview in October? It always feels better going into the interview knowing someone.
I'm so sorry ): When did y'all submit your application??
I submitted about a week before the deadline! If you haven't heard anything yet it's probably good news 🙂
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
Me!! Im doing it October 21st, how about you?Hey everyone! Does anyone have an in-person interview in October? It always feels better going into the interview knowing someone.
oof! I submitted mine 9/9....did you get an email about it or did you see it in your portal?I submitted about a week before the deadline! If you haven't heard anything yet it's probably good news 🙂
oof! I submitted mine 9/9....did you get an email about it or did you see it in your portal?
Anyone that is on the pre interview waitlist get offered an interview?
Verified on 9/9. Just logged into my portal and was offered an interview! (No email received, just saw it by logging into my account!)
I can't believe it!
I can't believe it!
D
deleted1117156
October 6th!Me!! Im doing it October 21st, how about you?
I have the option for an in-person interview on Oct. 7 or a virtual one on Nov. 18. I'd like to do the virtual one as flight prices are astronomical when purchasing a week in advance...but on the same token, I'm nervous I'd have less of a chance of getting in if I pick a month later due to rolling admissions.....anyone have any feedback??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would honestly pick virtual. I found being able to do the interview in my home was more relaxing. No traveling and overthinking during a flight and on a drive there. Just wake up get ready and look your best and put your best foot out there.I have the option for an in-person interview on Oct. 7 or a virtual one on Nov. 18. I'd like to do the virtual one as flight prices are astronomical when purchasing a week in advance...but on the same token, I'm nervous I'd have less of a chance of getting in if I pick a month later due to rolling admissions.....anyone have any feedback??
felinedvm98
Full Member
I submitted my application in August, and got an email August 27 that all of my application materials had been received but I have heard nothing since... Is anyone in the same boat? Since people are being offered/waitlisted for interviews that submitted after me I'm assuming this is not a good sign for me but think it's weird I just wouldn't have been denied?
I'm in the same boat. Hoping no news is good news for now!I submitted my application in August, and got an email August 27 that all of my application materials had been received but I have heard nothing since... Is anyone in the same boat? Since people are being offered/waitlisted for interviews that submitted after me I'm assuming this is not a good sign for me but think it's weird I just wouldn't have been denied?
Interview waitlist email at 4am Eastern time.
I submitted on 9/17 verified on 9/21 but last letter of rec was submitted on 9/29
I submitted on 9/17 verified on 9/21 but last letter of rec was submitted on 9/29
Do you remember when your portal updated vs when you got a call/email? My portal just updated sometime this afternoon or early evening, and it gave me a new list found under the "Post-Accepted: Accepted" checklist with matriculation info and I am assuming this is my confirmation, I'm just kind of still freaking out haha.Got my Acceptance Letter Email Today!!!!!! I'm freaking out! Good luck to everyone and it will appear on your portal first!
I got an email in the afternoon the day after the portal. CONGRATS ON BEING ACCEPTED!!!!!Do you remember when your portal updated vs when you got a call/email? My portal just updated sometime this afternoon or early evening, and it gave me a new list found under the "Post-Accepted: Accepted" checklist with matriculation info and I am assuming this is my confirmation, I'm just kind of still freaking out haha.
CONGRATS ON GETTING IN WOOOOOOOODo you remember when your portal updated vs when you got a call/email? My portal just updated sometime this afternoon or early evening, and it gave me a new list found under the "Post-Accepted: Accepted" checklist with matriculation info and I am assuming this is my confirmation, I'm just kind of still freaking out haha.
sherlster
New Member
I interviewed in person October 6, its been 3 weeks, I'm still waiting to hear back, they told me I'd hear back in 2 weeks 🙁 Hopefully, no news is good news for nowHas anyone who interviewed on Sept 22 heard back? They said I could hear back as early as one week but probably around 3-4 weeks and it's been over a month so I'm getting worried...
Donkopolous
Full Member
I interviewed October 6th as well in person and received my acceptance this weekend via email. Midwestern is one of my top schools. I interviewed with two others the last few weeks. One of those schools is my top choice and I really want to get in there! I still have 5 more schools to hear from. Two others have noted that we will be apprised of our status mid-December, i.e. Interview, Waitlisted, or Declined. Good luck to all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any advice for the interview? I have mine this month!
Donkopolous
Full Member
First be yourself. My interview was very situational based and 'cold'. Notes were being taken and little to no interaction. It was NOT what I was expecting. Matter of fact, I was incredibly nervous. So much so, I was visibly shaking and my voice cracked a few times. One of the interviewers then asked, IMO, a calming question so I could get settled. That definitely helped. My biggest concern was just articulating my thoughts and not allowing my mouth to run faster than my mind. I definitely went to this site and practiced, practiced, practiced. I went through the previous Midwestern C/O's and searched for interview. I probably spent hours on this interview with my father acting as an interviewer. It was my very first interview so maybe that is why I was so nervous. I also reviewed my application and knew it very well. They asked questions about experiences, the usual 'Why a Vet' / 'Why Midwestern' / 'Strengths'. I would suggest studying a lot about Zoonotic diseases in the US, what Ag Vets / FSVM does, a time you were resilient, what you think a Vet career includes (especially if you have vet tech / assistant experience), etc. I went in person and it was very much worth it. The school's facilities are outstanding, it has One Health which I specifically want in my program and has clinical right from the get go. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!!any advice for the interview? I have mine this month!
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
OOS acceptance based on portal changing!!!
Donkopolous
Full Member
I received acceptance to Glasgow over the weekend and also received my acceptance to Midwestern in the mail today. I will be attending Glasgow, is my #1 school, and will be declining my offer to Midwestern. Good luck to all of you and I hope someone on the waitlist ultimately gets my spot!