Midwestern vet c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I received the same one. The only difference is I did get an email stating I was on the waitlist back in October! Double check your junk mail!
I definitely never got an email before, but it's so funny, because this morning at 4am I got the "official" email telling me I'm on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how to deny their acceptance offer? On the portal, I'm only seeing ways to accept

Reactions: 1 user
When is the latest people apply for on-campus housing? I'm curious because it seems like you need to matriculate in order to access the housing portal.
During my interview with the campus tour, the admissions director was very adamant about letting us know to apply ASAP. The application opened at the beginning of December, but I would recommend you apply immediately. You do have to pay the seat "reservation fee" and matriculate for the portal to open I believe. I bet you still have a good chance if you are open to different apt layouts. Also, the holding fee for the housing is refundable if something changes :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to deny their acceptance offer? On the portal, I'm only seeing ways to accept
On your home portal find the tab at the top labeled "Matriculation/Payment," then you will find the "Decline the Offer of Acceptance" button!

Just declined my seat at Midwestern, hopefully someone on the waitlist will get in!

Reactions: 2 users
Just noticed the MWU financial aid application- do they usually give good financial aid or should we expect to pay the full tuition price?
Congrats to everyone accepted today! :)
As a current first year- you will 100% guaranteed pay full tuition price lol. Their financial aid app is only to determine which type of loans you get. After first year you are considered for scholarships, but most range from like $1000-$3000. Helpful, but don’t really make a big impact.

During my interview with the campus tour, the admissions director was very adamant about letting us know to apply ASAP. The application opened at the beginning of December, but I would recommend you apply immediately. You do have to pay the seat "reservation fee" and matriculate for the portal to open I believe. I bet you still have a good chance if you are open to different apt layouts. Also, the holding fee for the housing is refundable if something changes :)
Thank you so much!! That was really helpful

• Care
Does anyone know if we are supposed to send our fall transcripts if we are on the waitlist?

I know they probably mean well… but I have mixed emotions towards the email they sent that suggests I apply to their school of pharmacy since my status on the waitlist has not changed 🥴

Reactions: 2 users
I know they probably mean well… but I have mixed emotions towards the email they sent that suggests I apply to their school of pharmacy since my status on the waitlist has not changed 🥴
Are you on waitlist for interview? Or waitlist after interview? I didn't get this email for some reason.

Hey! Has anyone actually been accepted and decided on Midwestern? It's looking like it'll be my only (good) option and I would love to talk to some other students!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Has anyone actually been accepted and decided on Midwestern? It's looking like it'll be my only (good) option and I would love to talk to some other students!
Me!! I'm pretty set on going to Midwestern :)

Hey guys! I have an interview tmrw and am not really sure what to expect or what kind of interview style it is. Is it one on one, or how does it go? Will I really be getting interviewed from 7:45-2pm?

Any insight on what to expect would be great as there is no practice questions for this school on this website!

It says my interview time is at 11:45, will I need to be on from 7:45-11:45 if I am not being interviewed?
You have to be in the zoom call the entire time, but you can do other things while you wait, you don't need to have your camera or mic on outside of your interview.

i've already accepted my seat :)

• Love
Hey guys, is there a thread for current students and/or students who have accepted their seat and are making plans to start living in AZ? I'm waiting to hear back from one other school but if they reject me I'll be attending MWU. I've been trying to figure out suggestions for housing, parking, public transportation, and basically how living in Glendale and going to MWU is in general :giggle:

Hey guys, is there a thread for current students and/or students who have accepted their seat and are making plans to start living in AZ? I'm waiting to hear back from one other school but if they reject me I'll be attending MWU. I've been trying to figure out suggestions for housing, parking, public transportation, and basically how living in Glendale and going to MWU is in general :giggle:
No there is not, but I will probably be accepting my seat too very soon if you'd like to PM!! I have a few schools to hear back from but this is my top choice, only thing that could really change my mind are prices. Perhaps we could make a thread?

There’s a FB group with all MWU CVM students in it: Midwestern College of Veterinary Medicine

It’s super helpful to hear from current students and alumni.

I will most likely be declining my seat @ Midwestern. I hope someone in this forum can be pulled off of the waitlist!

Just got an email about Accepted Students Day for those who interviewed virtually. I reserved my spot - looking forward to meeting some of you :)

Would love to connect with a possible fellow student maybe we can all make a group chat of sorts?
No there is not, but I will probably be accepting my seat too very soon if you'd like to PM!! I have a few schools to hear back from but this is my top choice, only thing that could really change my mind are prices. Perhaps we could make a thread?

Does anyone know how they eventually let people know that they're accepted? Is it a phone call or an email/portal update first?

Does anyone know how they eventually let people know that they're accepted? Is it a phone call or an email/portal update first?
I noticed my portal update and then the next day I received an email!!

How long does it generally take to hear back from MWU since they do rolling admissions? I interviewed 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back, but I am hoping no news is good news!

How long does it generally take to hear back from MWU since they do rolling admissions? I interviewed 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back, but I am hoping no news is good news!
When I interviewed at the end of Oct, I hear back 2-3 weeks later.

I also interviewed 2 weeks ago. They said absolute latest we would here back was a month after.

Fun little update. The c/o 2026 Facebook page has been made! I applied to join but I assume it's still being worked on.

• Love
Has anyone else still not heard anything from interviewing end of Jan?

Has anyone else still not heard anything from interviewing end of Jan?
Nope. I know there was originally an admissions committee meeting planned for shortly after our interview date, but it was postponed. No clue when they rescheduled for. I'm hoping we hear back soon since it's already been almost three weeks haha

So...do we think that it'll take the full month to get our decisions orrrrr...? :unsure:

There was a decent batch of students who interviewed virtually from January 19th-21st. They said it would take at the absolute most a month but we would most likely hear back pretty soon. RIP haha

Just declined my OOS spot as I was accepted into one of my top schools!

OOS acceptance going off of portal change!! It's here folks!

Do they let you know if you are waitlisted or rejected at this time as well?
I'm honestly not sure since there hasn't been any "official" correspondence yet. I'd expect an email within the next couple of days or a portal change!

I see the accepted student checklist if that is the portal change!

Has anyone received the official email about there status from the group that interviewed the 19th-21st?

If you've interviewed end of Jan and haven't heard anything yet, does this mean you are waitlisted/rejected? And if so, do they tell you you're waitlisted/rejected at this time or wait until March?