Midwestern vet c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I practiced a bunch for my interviews and chatted with past students to get a feel for how they are (conversational, intense vs laid back etc). Even with all that preparation I was still stuttering, not saying what I meant to say, and was on the verge of tears the whole time because I was so nervous... and I now have 2 acceptances under my belt! Even if you didn't feel your interview went as well as it could have that doesn't mean it went badly!
Thank you so much for saying that!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for saying that, because I've been so nervous. The interview was not what I expected at all & I don't think I did as well as I'd like to.
A couple people on this thread (and probably a lot more people who are not on this thread) got acceptances weeks after other people from the same interview date got theirs. Don't lose hope! I honestly could not stop thinking about all the wrong things I did in the interview (stuttering, long pauses within my answers, not answering the questions fully, etc). But I really think MWU tries to see beyond that when they evaluate the candidates. Regardless of whether you get accepted or not, I sincerely, sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for saying that, because I've been so nervous. The interview was not what I expected at all & I don't think I did as well as I'd like to.
I have had two interviews so far and thought they both went horrible but got accepted to both! For my Midwestern one they asked if I had questions like 5 times and I literally ran out of questions and was just like "uhm I think I am good" it was so bad. They also had no expressions the whole time and after I would answer they just immediately moved on or was like "ok". It was very not conversational lol. I still got accepted though so I guess it went better than I thought. Not only with me, but I find that if you are unsure or unhappy about an interview its actually a good thing. I have heard so many stories about people thinking their interview went great and they get rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have had two interviews so far and thought they both went horrible but got accepted to both! For my Midwestern one they asked if I had questions like 5 times and I literally ran out of questions and was just like "uhm I think I am good" it was so bad. They also had no expressions the whole time and after I would answer they just immediately moved on or was like "ok". It was very not conversational lol. I still got accepted though so I guess it went better than I thought. Not only with me, but I find that if you are unsure or unhappy about an interview its actually a good thing. I have heard so many stories about people thinking their interview went great and they get rejected.
This is SO insightful thank you! & I totally agree, my MW interview compared to my previous was much less personal and much less conversational! It was much harder to get a read of how I was performing and at one point I couldn't even hear a theoretical question I was asked and I answered totally wrong so they had to repeat it. ( The interviewers were very nice, it was just very straight to the pont) My previous interview was all about my vcma application & for MW that was not the case at all so I was alittle bit thrown off ( not in a bad way). I feel like ultimately the interview is to make sure you have the conversational qualities to be a good vet, not necessarily how perfect we are. ( I hope I'm right lol)

Last edited:
Does anyone on here not have their bachelor's and just have their required pre-req's?

I was accepted on 11/9! This was my first interview ever and I was so nervous. If anyone needs any tips, let me know! I heard back within 2 weeks that I was accepted.

And I am a 4th year biology student as well. (to answer the above question)

lol well I didn't think I would be adding a reply to this thread. I was initially waitlisted for an interview in October but just received an email saying I was offered an interview. Which is shocking because I swear somebody told me nobody gets pulled off. Went to schedule and the only available dates for a virtual are in March

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, my interview was in October, I was invited in September. My friend was invited two weeks after me and already the interview dates were for January so I'm not surprised you have to wait till March. But congrats on the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone mind sharing their timeline for when you submitted/were invited/interviewed/heard back? I submitted in early august and haven’t heard anything at all besides my portal creation. I called admissions earlier this week to check in and my application is still in committee review so I’m just curious if this is abnormal and I should start making assumptions on my status.

Does anyone mind sharing their timeline for when you submitted/were invited/interviewed/heard back? I submitted in early august and haven’t heard anything at all besides my portal creation. I called admissions earlier this week to check in and my application is still in committee review so I’m just curious if this is abnormal and I should start making assumptions on my status.
I summited my VMCAS application on sep 1, got the interview invitation at sep 7. My interview was scheduled virtually oct 24, my portal changed at nov 8 and I knew I was accepted, got the official email few days later and physical acceptance letter one week after the email.

I submitted September 19th, received an interview invite on October 4th or 5th for December 8th. Haven't heard back from my interview yet! I do know one of the admissions people said they have sent out acceptances to about 155 people and still have 140 to interview that they've sent invites out to or something along those lines.

Submitted sept 9, offered interview sometime late September, interviewed virtually nov 18 and was accepted (via portal change) on dec 7 I believe. got an email a few days later

I interviewed over a month ago, and I still haven't heard anything should I reach out? or do you think it's due to the holidays?

Check your portals! Mine just updated to accepted student checklist!! I interviewed December 8th!! So excited, I'm gonna be a vet!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted via portal!! Interviewed on december 8th :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just noticed the MWU financial aid application- do they usually give good financial aid or should we expect to pay the full tuition price?
Congrats to everyone accepted today! :)

When is the latest people apply for on-campus housing? I'm curious because it seems like you need to matriculate in order to access the housing portal.

I'm so confused why are people who were interviewed on Dec.8th hearing back when I interviewed on Nov.14th and haven't heard anything back? I called admissions and they said I'm still pending acceptance... should I be cocnerned?

Does anyone have any contact info for Midwestern that they could share please?

i just recieved email confirm of acceptance this am at 11:54 est, interviewed dec 8 and noticed portal change yesterday. this was the contact info of the person who sent acceptance email: @gidav im not sure how they assign counselors but im sure she could forward any questions u have to the appropriate person

Jessica Dao

Admissions Counselor

Midwestern University

19555 N 59th Ave

Glendale, AZ 85308

Phone: 623-572-3435

Fax: 623-572-3229

[email protected]

Do you think it's appropriate to contact them regarding my decision today when I interviewed a month ago, & I also called yesterday and they said my decision is still pending?
I don't want to bug them, it's just the holidays are coming up and I would really like to know and I'm really eager to go to Midwestern.

out of curiosity has anyone accepted their seat yet? I am about to as Colorado is just too cold for me and Kansas doesn't have what I'm looking for specialty-wise.

Just noticed the MWU financial aid application- do they usually give good financial aid or should we expect to pay the full tuition price?
Congrats to everyone accepted today! :)

Financial aid is typically consistent of loans, especially the first year. So I’d expect to take out full amount for tuition and whatever is needed for cost of living.

Do you think it's appropriate to contact them regarding my decision today when I interviewed a month ago, & I also called yesterday and they said my decision is still pending?
I don't want to bug them, it's just the holidays are coming up and I would really like to know and I'm really eager to go to Midwestern.
I interviewed virtually and they got back to me 6 weeks later! Don't stress they are honestly probably just enjoying their well-deserved vacation and you should too :)

Hey guys, I spoke with someone last week who said that the interviews for "this quarter" were filled and that they will be having a meeting in January to decide if any additional applicants will be invited for an interview or not. This gave me some relief in that I do not have to be checking my portal every hour lol

303796E7-206B-4280-9A9D-84473DC94690.jpeg
Did anyone else receive this in early October and have heard back? 🥲 Or is this something that is sent to everyone?

hihi. first time applicant here. i applied the very last minute, 9/29 lol. i contacted them today asking if they sent out denial emails or just ghosted ppl (my friend who applied last year said she never heard anything), and they replied that i'm "still" on the waitlist for interviews, even though i had never been told i was on a waitlist! my expectations are low, but it's nice to know i wasn't downright rejected lol. just wanted to share in case anyone else here was like me and hadn't heard anything at all.

hihi. first time applicant here. i applied the very last minute, 9/29 lol. i contacted them today asking if they sent out denial emails or just ghosted ppl (my friend who applied last year said she never heard anything), and they replied that i'm "still" on the waitlist for interviews, even though i had never been told i was on a waitlist! my expectations are low, but it's nice to know i wasn't downright rejected lol. just wanted to share in case anyone else here was like me and hadn't heard anything at all.
So I did receive that I was on a waitlist interview back in October and had never heard from them again so I wrote an email. Then today, I received an email back stating that I was also “still on the waitlist”. Hopefully they aren’t just sending automatic messages 🥲

So I did receive that I was on a waitlist interview back in October and had never heard from them again so I wrote an email. Then today, I received an email back stating that I was also “still on the waitlist”. Hopefully they aren’t just sending automatic messages 🥲
honestly they’ll probably keep people on the waitlist for a while as I know they interview into late february, maybe even early march and a ton of people will probably end up declining their interview spot due to hearing from other schools!!! I wouldn’t give up hope :)

I don't know I guess. This was my email:

"Hello champagneproblem,

You are still on the waitlist. Our interview cycle will continue until March. If you are not granted an interview, we will notify you through email that we officially concluded interviews.

Best,

Alexis Myers"

Has anyone gotten a denial from Midwestern? I wonder if they're like Arizona and wait until they conclude interview invites to send out any denials at all. I hope that's not the case. I don't like that kind of system, because it gives false hope.

honestly they’ll probably keep people on the waitlist for a while as I know they interview into late february, maybe even early march and a ton of people will probably end up declining their interview spot due to hearing from other schools!!! I wouldn’t give up hope :)
Thank you!

I don't know I guess. This was my email:

"Hello champagneproblem,

You are still on the waitlist. Our interview cycle will continue until March. If you are not granted an interview, we will notify you through email that we officially concluded interviews.

Best,

Alexis Myers"
Yes, I received the same one. The only difference is I did get an email stating I was on the waitlist back in October! Double check your junk mail!

Hadn’t heard anything since portal creation until finally waking up to an email today saying I was waitlisted for an interview.