Might get 2 C's, am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental420

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might get 2C's this semester. One in physics 2 and one in prokaryote bio lab(which is for UF (2credit hours)). I have a 3.73 gpa, 3.55 science, 19.4 AA, 20sci 19Perceptual. If I get accepted by a school december 1st, is there a chance they will rescind my acceptance. Also, I have an interview at Nova scheduled for early January, will it decrease my chances of getting accepted? I'm freaking out right now. I've also never before received a C in college.

Members don't see this ad.

I might get 2C's this semester. One in physics 2 and one in prokaryote bio lab(which is for UF (2credit hours)). I have a 3.73 gpa, 3.55 science, 19.4 AA, 20sci 19Perceptual. If I get accepted by a school december 1st, is there a chance they will rescind my acceptance. Also, I have an interview at Nova scheduled for early January, will it decrease my chances of getting accepted? I'm freaking out right now. I've also never before received a C in college.

Schools generally require that you pass all your classes that you take after your acceptance. If you do get accepted December 1st, and you get C's, I doubt they would impact anything whatsoever. You'd still have to report them to the school with your final transcript, but you got accepted and passed the classes, so I don't see them doing anything.

As far as Nova goes, you'll have updated your record by then, and they will factor those grades into your GPA and will see them as the most recent set of coursework, which isn't going to help. But I don't know what sort of impact it would have.

I dont think they will revoke your acceptance over 2 Cs. Tell them you will never do it again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
well i got 3 c's in college. (freshman/soph year) and i have a couple interviews right now so i think it's ok.

i graduated last semester with two C's and got two interviews. my gpa is also alot lower than yours.

I am in the same boat. May get a C in micro this semester. I called all the 7 schools I have interviewed at and they were all cool with it as long as I pass. You are GOOD!

lol - last few biology classes to finish up my major, and I'm in the same boat.

Glad I'm not the only one. I was starting to panic that a couple of c's might get my acceptance (should I get one) revoked. :scared:

This last semester is rough!

I am in the same boat. May get a C in micro this semester. I called all the 7 schools I have interviewed at and they were all cool with it as long as I pass. You are GOOD!

Which schools?

Can anyone shout out any conditions stated by certain schools after acceptances?

At my last interview the admissions officer said they would like to see A/B's on remaining courses with body language that they will accept one (maybe two) C's and surely rescind an offer if there are any D's.

What about Ds, are Ds considered passing? :p

Not funny to me right now!

If I do end up with a D in this class I will let the schools know well ahead of them getting the transcript and offer to re-take it in the spring to show that I can succeed in the class if I am not missing half of the lecture and labs to go to interviews.

At my last interview the admissions officer said they would like to see A/B's on remaining courses with body language that they will accept one (maybe two) C's and surely rescind an offer if there are any D's.

Did they say if this was strictly for pre-requisite courses for the dental school? Or for all courses?

If I do end up with a D in this class I will let the schools know well ahead of them getting the transcript and offer to re-take it in the spring to show that I can succeed in the class if I am not missing half of the lecture and labs to go to interviews.

My comment was only partially in jest, since I myself am on the border of C-D range in Ochem 2 for the reasons you just mentioned. Luckily, Ochem 2 is not a prereq for my top choice school... so hopefully it doesn't matter too much what my grade is.

That's a freaking relief! I'm in the same boat with a C right now.

So you're basically going to ask the schools to wait until May to receive your grade in a repeat class when there are other worthy applicants they can give that offer to months earlier? Not sure if this will work. Just clamp down, get off SDN and get the grade up to a C. It can't be that difficult, it's not like you're trying to bump it up to an A.