Mike's orgo videos (BC) vs chad's orgo videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just found out about mike videos for orgo on bootcamp and was wondering if anyone used them instead of chad's orgo videos? I love chad's gen chem videos but wanted a bit more detail for orgo so didnt know if mike's were better preparation?

Thanks so much! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Honesty, I think watching both wouldn't hurt. I think Mike's might mentioned just a few things chad's did not but I thought it was helpful to watch both

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I used Chad's for Gen Chem and am using Mikes for oChem! I started with Chad's oChem and stopped after a couple modules. I like Mikes and using Organic as a Second Language as supplemental!

Just recently found mike's videos as well. Does anyone else have experience with them in comparison with chads?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not a fan of Mike's videos. I'm using chad's videos, everyone has been using Chad's videos for years and it has been working.

I'm not a fan of Mike's videos. I'm using chad's videos, everyone has been using Chad's videos for years and it has been working.

Hi, could you clarify why exactly you did not like Mike's videos? I'm almost done with my course saver subscription and need to decide if I want to use either mike or Chad's videos, specifically for Ochem. I already have a DAT Bootcamp subscription, but if I could save $50, knowing that I'll be in good hands with Mike's videos, I'd rather just watch Mike's videos. Thanks so much in advance!

I am currently watching Mike's Videos for Ochem and they seem to be complete and valuable in review content, hope this helps!

I am currently watching Mike's Videos for Ochem and they seem to be complete and valuable in review content, hope this helps!
Yes, I am watching his videos for Ochem, and I love them so far! So much shorter than Chad's, but still concise & to the point. I am still going to take Chad's OChem quizzes for extra practice though.

Some of Chad's videos are a little older but he's still the bald wizard of Gen Chem and Ochem. His videos and quizzes are definitely worth it. Mike is new but I do like his video answers for bootcamp tests. Watch both ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Stay with Chad's. It is a proven winner and plus, you don't want to waste time watching 2 sets of videos when you should be studying and practicing.

Are the chad's videos that everyone is talking about from coursesavor or chadsvideos.com ?

Hi,

I just found out about mike videos for orgo on bootcamp and was wondering if anyone used them instead of chad's orgo videos? I love chad's gen chem videos but wanted a bit more detail for orgo so didnt know if mike's were better preparation?

Thanks so much! :)
how are you doing so far???
I already bought bootcamp, and am listening to mike's videos. BUT, I am a bit concerned not buying chad videos.
Do you like mike's video so far??

I am only through part of Mikes GC and haven't done his ochem yet, but I like his videos. I watched all of Chads for GC and ochem in February. I haven't yet found something that chads covers that he doesn't. I liked chads quizzes better because they were multiple choice. I also like that Mike puts in little snippets about extra parts that might be helpful for the DAT.... That said as others have mentioned Chad's is a tried and true method that many people have succeeded with. I also feel like Chad talks in his videos like you have taken the course before while Mike is definitely teaching a dumbed down version. For instance says "stuff around the atom" instead of electron domains. I don't think you would go wrong with either personally, but again I am not very far into Mikes.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how are you doing so far???
I already bought bootcamp, and am listening to mike's videos. BUT, I am a bit concerned not buying chad videos.
Do you like mike's video so far??

I don't know Chad's has his free videos on his websites for gen chem, the only problem the gen chem that is free cover all gen chem for college materials, but go watch his videos and see if you like them or not.
General Chemistry
or this is a cheaper option that has ochem and general chem for chads 10 dollar a month on chemprep with quizzes
but the videos on coursesaver which are more expensive are better as they are more concise and cover things for the dat.
Chad is awesome, he makes studying enjoyable.
but Mikes is great too. I prefer watching both. If you don't have time, you have to choose one of them.

Alright so I've had the same question for a long time. The majority points to Chad, but I feel like that is because Mike's is new and nobody has tried them yet. As much as I don't like being the guinea pig, I went for it this time. I am almost done with Mike's O.C. videos and I feel like I have a pretty good insight to share. Although, I have not taken the DAT after watching Mike's videos, take my advice with that in mind.

I watched Chad's GC and OC videos and took the DAT after completing my OC classes. I scored 19GC/20OC.

I have used Chad for GC again and they were the same thing again, I liked them last time, they were helpful last time and same for his OC videos.

I have been following Ari's study guide (not to the part where I have taken exams yet...will update again then and again after the DAT). As he suggested, I used Chad of GC and I am almost done with Mike for OC. I think that I personally like Chad's videos better. Mike's explanations are solid. I feel like he simply teaches all the mechanisms that we need to know. But if you do not watch all of the solutions videos for their entirety, you will miss some important information. Sometimes his quiz questions will have content that he has not taught yet. This is SO FRUSTRATING for me because I realize that there is no way for me to fully know why each answer is right/wrong since I haven't learned the material yet. I would have preferred that he just teach everything in the teaching videos and just answered questions in the solutions videos.

My current conclusion, I think Mike's OC is great to learn the material but the quiz and assessment portions are substandard imo.

I will update again when I have taken some practice tests to give a bearing of how well Mike's videos have served to help me score well on the practice exams and DAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
After listening to others' advice, right now, I am watching Mike's videos, and I feel it is very concise and focused on DAT specifically. And, I like how Mike put the summary of the notes on the screen.The inconvenient part is that the quiz is on the paper, and some of the questions might be hard for those who did not take chemistry for awhile because some quizzes are more than he teaches you.

For now, I enjoy Mike's videos, but if his quizzes are getting harder and harder for me, I will try Chad's videos.
But still, I don't know how I am going to do it. So, I'm still deciding !!! looking forward to hearing others' opinions

Last edited:
Mike's videos are the BESTEST!!! Whoever doesn't watch those videos is missing out.

I only have started studying for the DAT a few days ago, and have only completed two chapters of Mike's GC videos. I like his videos a lot, and I find his quizzes aren't that difficult. He is super entertaining and seems to be overly excited all the time. The only con is that his smile scares me at the end of each of his videos lol.

Reactions: 5 users
lol I guess that's part of the entertainment huh
I only have started studying for the DAT a few days ago, and have only completed two chapters of Mike's GC videos. I like his videos a lot, and I find his quizzes aren't that difficult. He is super entertaining and seems to be overly excited all the time. The only con is that his smile scares me at the end of each of his videos lol.

his smile is awkward, to say the least! :D

One thing I did mean to put here was that I did not like the way that Mike went over Q vs K. I felt like his video implied that if a number was not at expected K then it could still be called K.

This was one video that I didn't like from Mike and thought that I would mention.

I did Chad's for GC and hand wrote notes and actually didn't do any of the quizzes after. Went through Mike's for OC and would do quizzes after. I'm a little rusty on OC. I watched each lecture thoroughly and went through each solution video also. Then came destroyer and I got destroyed on OC. So I actually paused my study schedule and went through Chad's OC videos with a white board to follow along. I'm now going through Mike's again and it makes a lot more sense now with the foundation I got from Chad's.
Mike's are short and digestible but sometimes I felt he moved too fast. I do really really like his quizzes. Chad is a great teacher.
Use both! Can't remember ever saying in undergrad, "Geez wish I had prepared less for that test."

Reactions: 1 users
Which one is more faster to cover? Mike vs Chad? I just have few days to go thru them. Need an overview, which one I can go thru faster. Thanks