Military HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JdogDMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have just submitted my application for the Navy HPSP. If I wanted to apply to another branch like the Army, would I have to go through the whole process again or can a lot of my current application be used? Like, employer references, can they be sent over to the other recruiter by my Navy recruiter? Do I have to do MEPS again? For those of you that have applied to more than one please help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, did your recruiter say your file would be in time for the March board? My understanding is that it is on March 7th. I have also been speaking with the Army. Since my file has now cleared medical (MEPS, waivers), they said they can now get access to my MEPS records. I had to send them all my information originally of course, and fill out the long Army application. I'm not sure at this point if they accept the 2 consults I had with MEPS or if they will require anything else. I should find out this week.

When explaining to the Army recruiter why I was applying to both, I explained that I am looking forward to serving my country in either the Army or Navy and I would accept the first HPSP program I was offered (which is all true). I know that ideally they would prefer us to be committed to only one program, but not having served in the military, I really have no preference at this point. And it is getting a little late in the game for HPSP scholarships. So if either program wants me, I will be happy to accept.

Would be glad to talk with you more here or PM.

I applied to both Army and Navy. The only thing I didn't have to redo was the MEPS physical. I just had the recruiter I got the physical with email it to the other recruiter. I had my letters of rec writers email copies to both recruiters. Filling both applications isn't very difficult because it's basically all of the same information. It's just very time consuming.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Army recruiter can receive official copies from your Navy recruiter as long as he puts an 'Official Copy' stamp on it. This signifies that the copy is legit (made in the office of the recruiter) and not made by the applicant. Thus, copies of your recommendations, transcripts, official DAT score report and anything else, including MEPS physical, can be sent directly from one recruiter to another branch.

This was told to me by my Army recruiter (I applied to both Army and Navy HPSP) when she wondered why I didn't just send copies from my Army file over to the Navy. Well recruiter, thanks for informing me now that was a viable option lol!!

What do you have to do to apply?