missed call from stony brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1800RAW

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so its 2am and im sitting here, too excited to sleep, hopefully for good reason.

I missed a phone call earlier today from Dr. Finch at stonybrook, he left a voicemail with his cell number asking me to call him back. Does this mean I got accepted or do they do phone calls for rejections and waitlists as well??

Members don't see this ad.

No, he was calling you to wish you a good night. Now sleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 99% sure they just call to congratulate folks. I got mine yesterday :)

ya it ended up being an acceptance, I just didnt wanna get my hopes up too high cause I wasnt sure if they called to notify you of rejections/waitlist placements in addition to acceptances.

^^congrats BTW dude

Last edited:
ya it ended up being an acceptance, I just didnt wanna get my hopes up too high cause I wasnt sure if they called to notify you of rejections/waitlist placements in addition to acceptances.

^^congrats BTW dude

Congrats to you too! It's so nice to have the waiting over, specially when I could see all the applicant groups coming in for their interviews from my lab bench.

Congrats! Schools will never call to reject because then they'll have to deal with the whiners and criers, all the questions of why not, and it'll take all day just to make a dozen calls.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Schools will never call to reject because then they'll have to deal with the whiners and criers, all the questions of why not, and it'll take all day just to make a dozen calls.

The school would also need to hire highly-trained social workers specializing in suicide prevention.

Too much hassle.