Mississippi State 2020 applicants

Started by rockatiel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Weather is supposed to be bad. Drive/be safe ya'll

I'm heading towards Jackson to get on I-20 W now... It's getting darker and starting to rain. Y'all stay safe in Starkville, looks like it'll be pretty treacherous.
I really enjoyed the town and the program! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All I know is they said the turnaround for us who went today (OOS) would be around 2 weeks. Maybe y'all will be very soon!
 
All I know is they said the turnaround for us who went today (OOS) would be around 2 weeks. Maybe y'all will be very soon!

Thank you! I saw on previous threads that IS applicants found out a week after their interview. I was getting anxious because I haven't heard anything.
 
Thank you! I saw on previous threads that IS applicants found out a week after their interview. I was getting anxious because I haven't heard anything.
I'm IS also and haven't heard anything, either. I bet admissions staffers will be tied up until after the interviews are over on Feb. 3, so maybe we will hear something after that. Good luck!
 
I'm IS also and haven't heard anything, either. I bet admissions staffers will be tied up until after the interviews are over on Feb. 3, so maybe we will hear something after that. Good luck!

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will hear something by next week.
 
I'm hoping IS calls will start tomorrow. The following Wednesday seems to be a common trend, based on past threads. I'm hoping to hear something by the end of this week because I'm not sure my nerves can take it much longer!
 
I'm hoping IS calls will start tomorrow. The following Wednesday seems to be a common trend, based on past threads. I'm hoping to hear something by the end of this week because I'm not sure my nerves can take it much longer!
I hope you are right. Waiting for an answer is more stressful than the interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AHHHHH Congrats guys!!! I hope I'll be joining you soon. I loved the Starkville area and got kind of sad when I had to leave.
 
Anybody else get invited for February 3 and have Auburn interview around the same time. I scheduled my Auburn interview for the next day and was wondering the best way to pull this off in terms of traveling between the two. Where should I fly into and am I going to have to rent a car?

YES YES. I'm in the SAME position. So stressful hahaha. The drive between the 2 schools is about 4 hours..

Are you both still interviewing today at Auburn?
 
I cancelled my Auburn interview so not anymore 🙄 if you were at Mississippi interviewing yesterday, we probably met if you remember someone telling you that! Hahaha 😛
 
Try not to be too discouraged yet. There were people from our class that got called off of the alternate list 2 weeks before we started. They usually make it pretty far down that list.
Do they usually call alternates from the in-state list? In orientation, Missy said it was rare.
 
I cancelled my Auburn interview so not anymore 🙄 if you were at Mississippi interviewing yesterday, we probably met if you remember someone telling you that! Hahaha 😛
haha I was at Mississippi yesterday but I don't remember someone saying that! Oh well, I hope your interview went well!
 
I know some IS people have already gotten a response. Any word on the timeline for contact and OOS? I know Missy said they were having a meeting after the interviews on Thursday so does anyone think it'll be today?
 
I know some IS people have already gotten a response. Any word on the timeline for contact and OOS? I know Missy said they were having a meeting after the interviews on Thursday so does anyone think it'll be today?

Some of the mentors who were OOS had told us two weeks would be a good timeline, and I interviewed on Tuesday. However, I didn't know they were meeting. Remember there were along the lines of 250 OOS interviewed. It may take some time to go through all of them. Missy also told us that accepted will be called, and denials/alternates would be via email. Overall they seem to move fast, so I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was today. They tend to send things out in the evening time. Dang you, now I'll be glued to my email and phone all night lol
 
Some of the mentors who were OOS had told us two weeks would be a good timeline, and I interviewed on Tuesday. However, I didn't know they were meeting. Remember there were along the lines of 250 OOS interviewed. It may take some time to go through all of them. Missy also told us that accepted will be called, and denials/alternates would be via email. Overall they seem to move fast, so I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was today. They tend to send things out in the evening time. Dang you, now I'll be glued to my email and phone all night lol
Haha sorry! I just want to know. I don't remember if it was Missy or who but I specifically remember someone saying that admissions was meeting on Thursday (yesterday) after interviews were over and telling myself at the time that I probably would hear the Friday after. I don't know though. I interviewed Monday the 25th for a contract seat.
 
Hey everyone! I started a thread for the class of 2020 for those accepted. It's Mississippi State c/o 2020 and a Facebook page, MSU CVM class of 2020
 
Hey everyone! I started a thread for the class of 2020 for those accepted. It's Mississippi State c/o 2020 and a Facebook page, MSU CVM class of 2020

I tried to join but it won't allow me to without a MS State email address.
 
Haha sorry! I just want to know. I don't remember if it was Missy or who but I specifically remember someone saying that admissions was meeting on Thursday (yesterday) after interviews were over and telling myself at the time that I probably would hear the Friday after. I don't know though. I interviewed Monday the 25th for a contract seat.

So not that it'll be the same by any means, but last year, I interviewed on Feb. 11th for an OOS position and was called about my acceptance on Feb. 18th. They do work extremely fast. Hopefully y'all will know by the end of next week. I recall it taking a couple days to call the whole list. Good luck guys. We are very excited to get to know y'all more! Also expect some of the current students to join yalls Facebook page
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So don't know if you guys on this thread heard, but apparently word came from a current student who asked and was told last week that OOS decisions would start to go out "the middle of next week" so today very well may be the day! I've never gotten anything from them earlier than 4 PM, so I'm going to be glued to my phone for most of the night. Fingers crossed for all of us!
 
No phone call or email for me. Looks like they're starting with contract! Oh well, at least progress is being made, and quickly at that!
 
For those that have been called, can I ask what your last name starts with? According to last years thread offers were made alphabetically... I'm an A so I'm thinking I'm done.
 
For those that have been called, can I ask what your last name starts with? According to last years thread offers were made alphabetically... I'm an A so I'm thinking I'm done.
I'm a G. I wouldn't write it off yet. It seems like very few people were called today and previous years look like calls were spread out over the course of a week.
 
For those that have been called, can I ask what your last name starts with? According to last years thread offers were made alphabetically... I'm an A so I'm thinking I'm done.
Ours were not alphabetically called as far was we noticed. It doesn't look like many people were called so relax! I know that impossible but try it. I washed dishes and then the phone rang. Everything happens for a reason.
 
Thanks guys! I was honestly doubting it was alphabetical, but last years thread scared me! Lol I had to make sure!
 
Thanks guys! I was honestly doubting it was alphabetical, but last years thread scared me! Lol I had to make sure!

If it makes you feel any better, if you go a little further into the future of last years thread, a current student updated everyone on specific info and told them the calls aren't done alphabetically, but instead in a ranked order that was made internally by the admissions team. I would assume that is a reliable source? So no worries just yet, but I haven't heard anything either!! :happy:
 
If it makes you feel any better, if you go a little further into the future of last years thread, a current student updated everyone on specific info and told them the calls aren't done alphabetically, but instead in a ranked order that was made internally by the admissions team. I would assume that is a reliable source? So no worries just yet, but I haven't heard anything either!! :happy:

Phew! I missed that completely. Only two people have heard something and I know all of us are too qualified to not hear anything but good news! 😉
 
If it makes you feel any better, if you go a little further into the future of last years thread, a current student updated everyone on specific info and told them the calls aren't done alphabetically, but instead in a ranked order that was made internally by the admissions team. I would assume that is a reliable source? So no worries just yet, but I haven't heard anything either!! :happy:
I can confirm that calls are made based on an internal ranking, not alphabetically.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad