You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mississippi State 2020 applicants
Started by rockatiel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know how many OOS seats are available here? Don't have exact daughter's stats, but approx.....3.5 overall, 3.7 science, 5,000 hrs vet tech, 500 research, club leadership positions, several varsity letters...
I'll look in a second. I have less vet experience but my stats! Also OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an invite also! 😛 Woot woot!
Rejected.. To those offered interviews- congrats! Also, would you mind sharing your stats/experiences?
I'm OOS and I'm kind of shocked I got one. 3.4 overall, 3.5-6 science, 148/152/4.0 GRE. Mostly small animal experience and some research
I was rejected.
mines February 3rd also! pizza dinner? idk if i can get a flight that early but i'm going to tryGot an invite! 🙂 Congrats to everyone else who got one! Mine is on February 3rd.
I have to figure out if I am driving or flying and that will determine if I can get in early enough for the dinner! If I get in early enough, then I will see ya there!mines February 3rd also! pizza dinner? idk if i can get a flight that early but i'm going to try
OOS interview!!! I'm going to have to make the decision between 2 interviews because it conflicts with another one of my interviews. I'm really interested in both schools and I am having such a hard time deciding what to do!!
rejected...🙁
rejected, again. I give up. 

rejected, again. I give up.![]()
Don't give up!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody else get invited for February 3 and have Auburn interview around the same time. I scheduled my Auburn interview for the next day and was wondering the best way to pull this off in terms of traveling between the two. Where should I fly into and am I going to have to rent a car?
Anybody else get invited for February 3 and have Auburn interview around the same time. I scheduled my Auburn interview for the next day and was wondering the best way to pull this off in terms of traveling between the two. Where should I fly into and am I going to have to rent a car?
YES YES. I'm in the SAME position. So stressful hahaha. The drive between the 2 schools is about 4 hours..
My plan as of now is to fly into Birmingham Feb 2, rent a car, drive to MSU, leave for Auburn the next day after my MSU interview, interview on the 4th at Auburn, return car at Birmingham airport and fly home. All together almost 9 hours of driving!!! Not sure that's the most efficient route though. When's your interview with Auburn?YES YES. I'm in the SAME position. So stressful hahaha. The drive between the 2 schools is about 4 hours..
Last edited:
I am glad I am not the only one in that position! I have the Mississippi interview the 3rd and Auburn the 4th. I think my plan is drive to MSU(from South Carolina) the 2nd, interview the 3rd and then drive straight to Auburn after and spend the night, then interview there the next day.
I got an interview! Feb. 1st. I applied as a WV contract student.
Thank-you for the information!for class of 2019 there are 90 of us, half of which are OOS. We are moving into a larger classroom, so I feel there will be more seats for class of 2020. You're daughter has good stats, but i feel the interview has more weight. There are 4.0 with solid stats that do not get in because of the interview process. If she can interview well, then I feel she is in. Good luck!!!
Looks like we have the same schedule. I guess I'll see you at the meet and greet. I'll be the exhausted looking guy obsessing over google maps.I am glad I am not the only one in that position! I have the Mississippi interview the 3rd and Auburn the 4th. I think my plan is drive to MSU(from South Carolina) the 2nd, interview the 3rd and then drive straight to Auburn after and spend the night, then interview there the next day.
My plan as of now is to fly into Birmingham Feb 2, rent a car, drive to MSU, leave for Auburn the next day after my MSU interview, interview on the 4th at Auburn, return car at Birmingham airport and fly home. All together almost 9 hours of driving!!! Not sure that's the most efficient route though. When's your interview with Auburn?
That's my plan exactly. Probably not the most efficient, but hey, more efficient than flying back and forth (I'm on the West Coast) if the interviews weren't so close together in date. And, I guess we should be extremely happy that we didn't happen to plan our Auburn interview for the 3rd!!
Between you me and @CeiKay we could get a little road race going. I say we make this interesting. Last one to Auburn pays the others a dollar.That's my plan exactly. Probably not the most efficient, but hey, more efficient than flying back and forth (I'm on the West Coast) if the interviews weren't so close together in date. And, I guess we should be extremely happy that we didn't happen to plan our Auburn interview for the 3rd!!
Sounds like a plan to me!Between you me and @CeiKay we could get a little road race going. I say we make this interesting. Last one to Auburn pays the others a dollar.
Got my interview e-mail yesterday and am scheduled for Feb. 2nd. I already have an interview scheduled that day in New York, does anyone know their policy on how they handle this type of situation?
dang that sucksrejected, again. I give up.![]()
Im OOS and have an interview February 1st I'm so excited! But now I have to fly straight from my Washington interview to MSU. SO stressful! But they are my top schools I was hoping for. Hopefully I get into one of them
Good luck to everyone else who got an interview 

I did that last year and it worked out well for me. I had my Auburn interview first and it was the last interview of the day then drove straight to MSU where I had the second interview the next morning. It worked well but I was a little tired after it.My plan as of now is to fly into Birmingham Feb 2, rent a car, drive to MSU, leave for Auburn the next day after my MSU interview, interview on the 4th at Auburn, return car at Birmingham airport and fly home. All together almost 9 hours of driving!!! Not sure that's the most efficient route though. When's your interview with Auburn?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no idea what they want. I pulled up my grades, got better LORs, got research experience, more vet experience, large animal they asked for... It's their loss at this point.dang that sucks
I have no idea what they want. I pulled up my grades, got better LORs, got research experience, more vet experience, large animal they asked for... It's their loss at this point.
Sorry 🙁
Thanks. It's ok. I got an interview invite from LMU and I'm an alternate for Virginia/Maryland. One way or another I'll be a DVM!Sorry 🙁
Im OOS and have an interview February 1st I'm so excited! But now I have to fly straight from my Washington interview to MSU. SO stressful! But they are my top schools I was hoping for. Hopefully I get into one of themGood luck to everyone else who got an interview
![]()
I'm doing the exact same thing! (WSU-->MSU)
Any suggestions on hotels in area?
The Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn are nice.Any suggestions on hotels in area?
I responded as soon as I received my interview and I haven't heard anything yet either, but holidays was upon us so it will be soon.
Hi! This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if we are supposed to send our fall transcripts through VMCAS again or directly to the schools we applied to? I want to call and ask but everyone is on holiday break and waiting til Monday doesn't leave us too much time to get them in by the 15th. Thanks in advance 🙂
Directly to the school 🙂Hi! This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if we are supposed to send our fall transcripts through VMCAS again or directly to the schools we applied to? I want to call and ask but everyone is on holiday break and waiting til Monday doesn't leave us too much time to get them in by the 15th. Thanks in advance 🙂
Thank you so much! I found the info right after that haha, maybe I should read the info sent in the email a little better next time 😛
Remember you can email and electronic copy!
I never got a response! It makes me a little nervous!Has anyone heard from Missy after accepting interview offers? Just curious..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called the office yesterday to ask a question about my transcripts and Haleigh answered, telling me that Missy is out of the office for a couple of days! So she probably hasn't be answering emails for that reason. So I don't think there is any need to worry 🙂 Haleigh also told me that if they HAVEN'T received a transcript by the set date, they will send an email out the next day to let us know they haven't received it and to give us a chance to figure out what went wrong and try to send it again! Hope this eases some of your minds.
They're awesome!!I called the office yesterday to ask a question about my transcripts and Haleigh answered, telling me that Missy is out of the office for a couple of days! So she probably hasn't be answering emails for that reason. So I don't think there is any need to worry 🙂 Haleigh also told me that if they HAVEN'T received a transcript by the set date, they will send an email out the next day to let us know they haven't received it and to give us a chance to figure out what went wrong and try to send it again! Hope this eases some of your minds.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 483
- Views
- 66K
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K