Mississippi State 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for discussing applications to Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine in the 2024-2025 (class of 2029 hopefuls) cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted into the class of 2028 and start June 24! Let me know if y’all have any questions!! I received an invitation for an interview at the end of December and I scheduled my interview for the end of January. Interviews were held during the week of January 29- February 2, 2024 I believe. There’s an interview social the day before your interview so that you can talk to current students/ faculty and learn more about the program.

Reactions: 1 user
First-time applicant to MSU (OOS), but second time applying to vet school. :)
Most of the veterinarians I have worked with have been from Mississippi State's vet school, and it is one of my top choices!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any advice about the question in VMCAS that asks, "Please provide the course number, name, and term for any course(s) in-progress or pending for future terms. (Example: BIO345, Genetics, Fall 2024) If not applicable to you, put N/A." Do you think this only applies to prerequisite courses, or any courses we may be taking? I wasn't sure if I should list unrelated courses that I'm taking during the application year.

When I was filling out VMCAS during my academic semester I included all the classes I was taking during that term! I wanted to show them I was a full time student and taking some really cool classes that weren’t a part of the pre-requisites! Even something as small as putting in all your course work can give the reviewers an indication of you are as a person. I think my fifth year all I really needed was anatomy & phys (for tOSU CVM) and so my other classes were super cool ones (and also GPA boosters) that still related to my major like GIS, cartography, archaeology (not major related but super fun!), etc. hope this helped :)
Does anyone have any advice about the question in VMCAS that asks, "Please provide the course number, name, and term for any course(s) in-progress or pending for future terms. (Example: BIO345, Genetics, Fall 2024) If not applicable to you, put N/A." Do you think this only applies to prerequisite courses, or any courses we may be taking? I wasn't sure if I should list unrelated courses that I'm taking during the application year.

When I was filling out VMCAS during my academic semester I included all the classes I was taking during that term! I wanted to show them I was a full time student and taking some really cool classes that weren’t a part of the pre-requisites! Even something as small as putting in all your course work can give the reviewers an indication of you are as a person. I think my fifth year all I really needed was anatomy & phys (for tOSU CVM) and so my other classes were super cool ones (and also GPA boosters) that still related to my major like GIS, cartography, archaeology (not major related but super fun!), etc. hope this helped :)
Thank you so much! This is a perspective I didn't consider and makes a lot of sense. If I'm suffering through calculus, I might as well let them know :giggle:.