Mississippi State CVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know when they’re going to start calling people off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Just gave up my SC contract seat! Best of luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying they haven’t offered any seats to alternates yet. It makes me think they over-accepted this cycle…

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email saying they haven’t offered any seats to alternates yet. It makes me think they over-accepted this cycle…
Seeing how there’s so many people in each quartile this doesn’t surprise me if they over-accepted… :(

I can’t believe it but I was called off the waitlist a couple hours ago (first quartile!)

I’ve got some thinking to do this week - I have until Friday 4/15 deadline to decide

Reactions: 7 users
Just got in off the alternate list!!!!! I’m sobbing into my pizza, see you all in June!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got pulled off the OOS alternate list now I have to choose between Mississippi and Purdue and idk what to do 😭

• Care
I just got pulled off the OOS alternate list now I have to choose between Mississippi and Purdue and idk what to do

Is Purdue your in state? If not, I’d consider the 2+2 Mississippi has to offer. It was the deciding factor for me when I had 3 choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who went to preview days - can you help me figure out a lab coat size :rofl: the size chart is throwing me off

I just declined my seat and will be attending U of Minnesota. Best of luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Is Purdue your in state? If not, I’d consider the 2+2 Mississippi has to offer. It was the deciding factor for me when I had 3 choices.
Sorry I just saw this, Purdue is also Out of State for me. I’m a FL resident. I really like the 2 + 2 however the amount of credits per semester and the intensity might burn me out too fast. There’s also other factors such as income upon graduation and Tuition for me is a bit cheaper in Purdue. I also don’t have the finances right now to move in such short notice to MS…. Emotionally I think I would choose MSU, but looking at everything else in a more levelheaded manner I think Purdue might be a best fit for me . I still haven’t made my official decision but I think I’m declining MSU

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just sent my official email declining my out-of-state seat. I hope this helps someone it was a very emotional decision for me but Everything happens for a reason and maybe I’ll go back to MSU in the future for an externship or internship rotation 💛

• Care
I just sent my official email declining my out-of-state seat. I hope this helps someone it was a very emotional decision for me but Everything happens for a reason and maybe I’ll go back to MSU in the future for an externship or internship rotation 💛
Totally sympathize with this and also hope to do an externship at state! You're gonna do great at Purdue!!

• Care
Omg I just got pulled from the waitlist..I’m absolutely torn because I think I will decline my seat to attend Iowa state.

I just got pulled off! Super excited, Mississippi is my #1

Omg I just got pulled from the waitlist..I’m absolutely torn because I think I will decline my seat to attend Iowa state.
I'm in the same boat, I'm choosing Mississippi over Iowa, just because my heart is really pushing towards Mississippi, and the 2+2 program is pretty awesome.

I was on the waitlist but emailed them to close my application a month ago, they must have not received that email because I was just offered a seat today. Just wanted to update you guys I was in the first quartile but things are moving I hope someone hears good news soon!

I was on the waitlist but emailed them to close my application a month ago, they must have not received that email because I was just offered a seat today. Just wanted to update you guys I was in the first quartile but things are moving I hope someone hears good news soon!

Forgot to say I declined the seat!

I was pulled off the SC contract waitlist this morning (1st quartile) and have accepted my offer! So excited to start this journey with everyone :)

• Love
Has anyone on the IS waitlist heard anything? I’m in the first quartile and I feel like I’m sitting on pins and needles since Friday.

Officially declined my OOS seat. It was definitely bittersweet.

• Care
I was pulled off the OOS waitlist yesterday (first quartile) and have just declined my seat. Definitely bittersweet

Hey everyone! I was just pulled off of the OOS waitlist. I am currently choosing between MSU and the University of Missouri. Does anyone have experience with either school and could give me advice? The costs are roughly the same, and with both programs being 2+2, it is really hard to distinguish the two schools. Does anyone have a good idea on how expensive housing is near the vet school at MSU?

Hey everyone! I was just pulled off of the OOS waitlist. I am currently choosing between MSU and the University of Missouri. Does anyone have experience with either school and could give me advice? The costs are roughly the same, and with both programs being 2+2, it is really hard to distinguish the two schools. Does anyone have a good idea on how expensive housing is near the vet school at MSU?
From what I could tell, Mississippi has a very low cost of living. My fiance and I were looking houses, so I'm not sure about apartments.

I went apartment-hunting these past few days and they’re not bad! Depending on how new/big you want it and if you’re living with roommates you can get a 2BR for like $600-$1200 total plus some/all (depending on the place) utilities. It’s not too much trouble to find something within affordable range.

Congrats! What quartile were you in?

Hi friends! My boyfriend is going to MSU for a clinical psych phd program and wanted to get the inside scoop on what GP you all would recommend for our cat while he's there. Thanks!