Mississippi State CVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miller225

Reaction score
Hey guys! I noticed the class of 2026 vet school threads have started so I wanted to go ahead and make one for Mississippi State!!! Good luck to all applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Does everyone meeting the minimum requirements make it to admissions committee review?

1st time OOS applicant btw :)

1st time applicant hoping for a contract seat from SC :) it is great to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody! First time applicant, OOS. Got an invitation for the October interview date!

Reactions: 1 user
hey everybody! So I didn’t apply but my friend did (I know, I know this sounds fake, but my friend literally never goes on forums as they get panic attacks from comparing themselves to the people on them so.... just trying to help them out) and they`re freaking about the invitations that are being sent out since they didn’t get one.

I told them that it`s most likely caused by them submitting and getting verified like last week but they`re still pretty worried. Is there any normal time frame for the interview invites to be sent out? As in, like x weeks after they get your application, or like x amount weeks before the interview date? I just want to calm down my friend and when they called it wasn’t clarified all that well to my knowledge (i wasn’t there when they called).

Any ideas?

And good luck to you all! As somebody who didn’t apply, what drew you guys to cvm in particular? Love to hearing about what everybody sees in there schools :)

Any ideas?

And good luck to you all! As somebody who didn’t apply, what drew you guys to cvm in particular? Love to hearing about what everybody sees in there schools :)

They send out OOS interview invites until December 10th, for 5 interview days in total. Plenty of invites to go around still, especially since they only got verified last week! As far as the school, I love how everyone seems so nice and there's a real community, as well as the 2+2 curriculum :) Best of luck to your friend!

hey everybody! So I didn’t apply but my friend did (I know, I know this sounds fake, but my friend literally never goes on forums as they get panic attacks from comparing themselves to the people on them so.... just trying to help them out) and they`re freaking about the invitations that are being sent out since they didn’t get one.

I told them that it`s most likely caused by them submitting and getting verified like last week but they`re still pretty worried. Is there any normal time frame for the interview invites to be sent out? As in, like x weeks after they get your application, or like x amount weeks before the interview date? I just want to calm down my friend and when they called it wasn’t clarified all that well to my knowledge (i wasn’t there when they called).

Any ideas?

MSU said the first round of interview invites were sent to applicants who were verified early in the process! I wouldn't worry too much!

MSU said the first round of interview invites were sent to applicants who were verified early in the process! I wouldn't worry too much!
They send out OOS interview invites until December 10th, for 5 interview days in total. Plenty of invites to go around still, especially since they only got verified last week! As far as the school, I love how everyone seems so nice and there's a real community, as well as the 2+2 curriculum :) Best of luck to your friend!
okay thanks guys! I told them that but they still worried (which I get).

Also I was wondering if anybody knew how the atmosphere/vibes of the campus/town are? I can’t really find much information on. More specifically for LGBTQ+ students? I know the vet school itself won’t really be an issue with this but having grown up in mississippi I`m afraid the town/area around my friend may pose an issue? As in if they try to get a job during/after that`s a little further away from the school, an issue may arise? They couldn’t find much information either and if accepted would go regardless, but I wanted to help them in any way possible. Something similar happened to another friend (obvi not the same school or even profession) but that makes me just wonder how happy my friend will be will living there. Sorry if that seems dumb! I honestly cant find that much information about LGBT+ vetmed students and how it affects them. I know there`s Pride SVMC and that the veterinary community itself is extremely accepting, I`m just afraid of outside influences ( as in the community around the school were there’s a lot of interaction) posing an issue. Any thoughts?

Current first year and envoy at MSU! I'd be happy for anyone to reach out and I can speak about our program, Starkville (I was here for undergrad as well), and the CVM! I did not go through our traditional admissions, so I'm not much help with interviews.

Current first year and envoy at MSU! I'd be happy for anyone to reach out and I can speak about our program, Starkville (I was here for undergrad as well), and the CVM! I did not go through our traditional admissions, so I'm not much help with interviews.
Hi!
Can I DM you a few questions my friend had? Thank you for allowing us to ask you questions!
I hope you first year is going amazing!

First time OOS applicant!!! Already freaking out over the nerves:sick:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I would love to connect with you via DMs - I have some questions about the area and campus life! I'm from the South, but never visited Mississippi.

1st time IS applicant!🤩 Literally sitting on pins and needles as I await an email🥴

Hey y'all! Jumping on this thread as a current first year veterinary student at MSU and I am a student envoy as well. Feel free to reach out with any questions. I heavily relied on SDN during my cycle and I appreciated all the help I received from the first years then, so I am here to pay it forward. I know applying can be stressful, but you can only do your best, so put your best foot forward.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have already received an interview invitation, how long after you received the email that your application was under further review did you receive the interview invitation?

Hi all! 2nd-time applicant overall, 1st time to MSU (OOS). I was wondering what email yall received your interview invites from and if the invites for specific dates went out all around the same time so I can know when to be triple and double-checking my email? I'm terrified of missing important emails and I applied to a lot of schools so it is hard to keep track!

Hi all! 2nd-time applicant overall, 1st time to MSU (OOS). I was wondering what email yall received your interview invites from and if the invites for specific dates went out all around the same time so I can know when to be triple and double-checking my email? I'm terrified of missing important emails and I applied to a lot of schools so it is hard to keep track!
Not an email invite, but I did receive an email this morning stating that my application had been forwarded for committee review. It came from a noreply MS State email

My application was sent for review on September 20th and I submitted my app in August. Should I be worried I haven’t heard anything yet? I’m slowly freaking out.

My application was sent for review on September 20th and I submitted my app in August. Should I be worried I haven’t heard anything yet? I’m slowly freaking out.
Idk if this helps you but I submitted my application the first week of September and was sent for committee review also on September 20th. But I haven't heard anything back yet other than that. I'm not sure if they've started sending out invites for their nov 19 and dec 3rd interviews yet.

Idk if this helps you but I submitted my application the first week of September and was sent for committee review also on September 20th. But I haven't heard anything back yet other than that. I'm not sure if they've started sending out invites for their nov 19 and dec 3rd interviews yet.
That really does help! This school is my top choice

Got an interview invite in the mail today!

• Love
Got an interview invite OOS this morning. Submitted my application sometime around Sept 10th, and got verified the same evening. Do they have rolling admission?

Got an interview invite OOS this morning. Submitted my application sometime around Sept 10th, and got verified the same evening. Do they have rolling admission?
Per their website, they have rolling admission offers starting in December that continue until mid February. I think it depends on when you interview!

Did you get the invitation in the mail or email?

We’re you notified when your file review was complete?

I got an email this morning for the Nov 19th interview date. The only other email I got from them previously was that my file had moved forwards to application review back in September 22. Hope that helps!

OOS interview invite received at 8:30 this morning via email. Still have not received anything in the mail.

Does anyone know if they consider SC residents in a different pool than OOS interviews. I know that if you don’t get an invite by December 20th it’s basically a rejection because an interview is required to move forward. It’s just with my application going under review September 20th I’m starting to lose hope because people after me are getting invites.

Does anyone know if they consider SC residents in a different pool than OOS interviews. I know that if you don’t get an invite by December 20th it’s basically a rejection because an interview is required to move forward. It’s just with my application going under review September 20th I’m starting to lose hope because people after me are getting invites.
Based off of last year's forum, it looks like the ISS, West Virgina, and SC seats don't get interview invites until December since they are the last interview date. So I would say do not lose hope!

Do they send out rejections or is it one of those "wait until all interview invites go out and if you didn't get one you're rejected"?
OOS sent for review on September 20th, and I haven't heard back beyond that 😭 I'm getting antsy

Did anyone have a set time for the interview in their email invite, but then when you go to take the survey and reserve your spot you had to select different time?

Did anyone have a set time for the interview in their email invite, but then when you go to take the survey and reserve your spot you had to select different time
The time given in the first email was the time your interview day/ orientation begins. The second time (the one you chose) is the time of your actual 30 min interview!

Has any SC residents heard anything back?

Has any SC residents heard anything back?
I am an SC resident and I have not heard anything back yet! I got an email that my application had been moved to review on 9/19.

Any updates? Anybody on contract heard anything?

I went to review on 10/11 and haven't heard, OOS. Was hoping for something today...:(

I went to review on 10/11 and haven't heard, OOS. Was hoping for something today...:(
They have an interview date on the 19th then after that it’s the December dates. Hopefully we hear something soon. The December 3rd date is only a few weeks away.

They have an interview date on the 19th then after that it’s the December dates. Hopefully we hear something soon. The December 3rd date is only a few weeks away.
Assuming no news is still good news!

Have SC interview invites still not been sent out? I have still not heard anything.
I am a SC resident and I have not heard anything back! My application was sent to review in September.

SC typically gets interviewed with the in-state pool because of the potential of getting a contract seat! Don't worry too much yet!