Mizzou c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! Thought I'd put a little bit of info out. I run the Pre Vet Club on my college campus and we actually had Doug who is an admissions rep from mizzou speak with us last night. A question was brought up about invites and he said they would likely be coming out next week!
Thank you for sharing this info! 💕

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Thought I'd put a little bit of info out. I run the Pre Vet Club on my college campus and we actually had Doug who is an admissions rep from mizzou speak with us last night. A question was brought up about invites and he said they would likely be coming out next week!
Thank you for the info!! Also, I've talked to Doug Tindall several times over the years, and he is THE BEST. I definitely recommend contacting him if anyone has questions!

(First time OOS applicant here btw!)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the info!! Also, I've talked to Doug Tindall several times over the years, and he is THE BEST. I definitely recommend contacting him if anyone has questions!

(First time OOS applicant here btw!)
I second this!! Doug is the BEST recruiter out there and is so good at pep talks it's unreal. If you haven't had the chance to meet him or get in contact with him, DO IT.
* Also 1st time OOS :)

I third Doug! He is incredible. He spent FOUR hours with just me and my parents when I toured Mizzou and was the best. He is one of the main reasons I applied to Mizzou! First time OOS

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to hop on this thread to get updates - I am a first-time OOS applicant!

First time OOS applicant! Just found this thread, sounds like no interview emails yet?

Soo...it's probably gotta be tomorrow right since Thanksgiving is this week, and I believe most schools start their breaks on Wednesday?

Either tomorrow or Wednesday. I know at least TAMU is sending stuff Wednesday so I don't think Wednesday is out of the question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Soo...it's probably gotta be tomorrow right since Thanksgiving is this week, and I believe most schools start their breaks on Wednesday?
I looked it up and the CVM's break started yesterday so it could be any day now I guess. But I would assume that it won't be Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user
Vet schools really like disappointing people the day before Thanksgiving so they eat an ungodly mount of pumpkin pie despite not really liking it. Er, maybe that's just me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Vet schools really like disappointing people the day before Thanksgiving so they eat an ungodly mount of pumpkin pie despite not really liking it. Er, maybe that's just me.
You could spin that and say vet schools wait until thanksgiving out of kindness. They know we’ll end up wanting to eat our feelings, so they wait until they know we have an adequate supply of food to gorge ourselves with 💕

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I guess today was not the day 🙃

Reactions: 2 users
Prepared to either celebrate or cry in Green Bean Casserole

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Today has to be the day, I am wishing everyone good energy today.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I'm driving all day today so here's to hopefully decent news.

If we don’t hear any news about interview invite would we just assume that we have been denied then?

So on the APVMA fb page someone contacted the office and now they’re saying that they plan on releasing decisions during the first or second week of December.

Reactions: 7 users
So on the APVMA fb page someone contacted the office and now they’re saying that they plan on releasing decisions during the first or second week of December.
Thank you! I can stop anxiously checking my emails and live in peace for a few weeks. 😆

I think that was for Virginia Maryland?

• Wow
I think it's for Mizzou too, the FB post that the person responded to was specifically about Missouri.

I think it is for Mizzou! I had posted a few weeks back about when I could expect to hear from Mizzou and someone heard commented today it would be first or second week of December! On Mizzou’s website, I do believe it says that we should expect to hear about interviews before Dec 23rd! I could be mistaken though - that is how I interpreted it!

Does somebody know if the decision for who is getting interviewed release at the same time for OOS and IS applicants or do IS applicants hear first?

I am so glad I found this forum. I was wondering when interview invites would be sent out!

Well, it's December now. Maybe today will be the day :rofl:

• Haha
Hi all! First time OOS applicant. I spoke with Admissions this week and thought I would pass along that the interview decisions are slated to be released in the next day or so but definitely no later than Monday. Back to checking the email every three seconds in anticipation haha. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Hi all! First time OOS applicant. I spoke with Admissions this week and thought I would pass along that the interview decisions are slated to be released in the next day or so but definitely no later than Monday. Back to checking the email every three seconds in anticipation haha. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
Thanks for passing along the info!

Thank you!! Good luck to you too😁

Thank you so much for this! Did they specify if decisions were going to be announced via email or snail mail?

Thank you so much for this! Did they specify if decisions were going to be announced via email or snail mail?
They did not. I imagine email since it is for interviews but I am not certain.

Interview invite!!! Shaking i'm so excited, check your emails :D

OOS interview invite!

OOS invite as well!! For other OOS students, will you be utilizing Zoom or trying to go in person?

I am in Central Texas but I will plan on traveling to do in person.

Dang, I didn’t get an email…so I assume if we didn’t get one we’ll be getting a rejection?

OOS invite as well!! For other OOS students, will you be utilizing Zoom or trying to go in person?
I'm from IL and will be traveling to do the interview in person!